Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I watched the Red Dragon, which is a Hannibal movie, but it wasn't that gory to me.
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Impel, you've gotta watch Silence of the Lambs....it's the best one :amuse

and I'd agree, those films aren't as terrifying for the gore as they are psychologically, imho. The last scene of Silence of the Lambs had me more scared than anything else I've seen :D
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
"I'm having a friend for dinner..." yeah, kinda freaky. Although, outside of the movie itself, it makes me laugh. Out loud. And I'd heard that Silence of the Lambs was the best, but I still haven't seen it.

And I read about Hannibal Rising online, and his...reasons for eating others is, well, stupid.
Nazis eat his sister, so he eats them, and he likes it...
Tell me that isn't dumb.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
dude its more to it than that. but i guess i can sum it up in two words:
mental breakdown.

he's not exactly thinking straight about what he's doing.

just watch the movie and you'll understand what im talking about
 

the_hellbringer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
389
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
"I'm having a friend for dinner..." yeah, kinda freaky. Although, outside of the movie itself, it makes me laugh. Out loud. And I'd heard that Silence of the Lambs was the best, but I still haven't seen it.

And I read about Hannibal Rising online, and his...reasons for eating others is, well, stupid.
Nazis eat his sister, so he eats them, and he likes it...
Tell me that isn't dumb.
And that's why it should be forbidden to make sequels of really good movies.
All the greatness of the original it's covered by the crapyness of the sequel.
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Watch shinobi. Most characters are very similar to naruto characters like sharingan,kakuzu,etc. even if it is based on basilisk its definetlly one to watch.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Shinobi? This is the title of the movie? Is it like a foreign flick or what? Would I have to get subtitles?
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yup thats the name. and its japanese with eng sub. Believe me Watch it.
 

erikrhys

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

even though the movie only came out recentally i have watched the ATHF movie at least 20 times...but besides that i would have to say

scarface
pulp fiction
akira
clerks
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
thx Windmillblade for telling here about this movie, I will surely watch just to see what it looks like with such nice title :D xDxD
 

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Movies I recently seen...

The Bourne Ultimatum- a good way to end a trilogy
Simpson, The Movie- didn't live up to expectations but was alright
Disturbia- better than I thought it would worth renting/owning
Reign over Me- good serious movie with some good laughs, enjoyable.
 

Discard

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

The Purifiers

Worst movie I've ever seen. I couldn't even watch through the whole thing.

It's random, people start doing weird things at any given moment. (Random rolling around the trash make out scenes anyone?) And random motorcycle chicks, and pig-imitating Asian folk D:.

That as well as Ultra Violet :3.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Reign Over Me...that was that movie with Adam Sandler, right? And his family died in 9/11 or a car accident or something? I hadn't heard very much about it.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Lol, when I saw Ultraviolet come out, I thought it was like a crappy sequel to Aeonflux or something, but without an attractive female killer.
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I dont know if any of you have seen drunken master but i know a jackie chan fight that was better than any in that movie. Its called meals on wheels and the last fight with jackie and ernie the jet=Martial arts hall of fame, is his best 1 on 1 fight. Ever.
I also reccomend john Carpentars Vampires...Awsome vampire movie.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

i thought it was a movie about a fashion show...lol....
 

Decir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Switzerland
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Lol, when I saw Ultraviolet come out, I thought it was like a crappy sequel to Aeonflux or something, but without an attractive female killer.
Ultraviolet is more like the most unrealistic B-movie of the world.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

ironically it had the budget of a good movie....
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

The Shawshank Redemption
Schindler's List
Pulp Fiction
Memento
Godfather I
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top