Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i watched cidade de deus (city of god) last night, it was the best crime movie i've seen, next to the godfather series. one of the best films ive seen too, the cinematography, story, everything seems so perfect. one of the greatest films ever made!
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh, that is a great movie, yonie, I agree :amuse A Brazilian friend of mine recommended it to me, and I'm so glad she did. The filming is so well done, the story is very thought-provoking and exciting - I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie.

And Ax3r, I saw Perfume too. I actually liked it - a bit weird, but it was creatively done. Certainly a very twisted story though, you're right :amuse

DZ!!! this Irish film interests me, where'd you find it? hmm....I'll try to find it too :)
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
just saw Highlander: The Source....IT WAS A STEAMING PILE OF CRAP!!!!!!! OMG, I WANT THOSE 2 HOURS OF MY LIFE BACK! so i washed it down by watching Grave of the Fireflies...still makes me cry...
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
just saw Highlander: The Source....IT WAS A STEAMING PILE OF CRAP!!!!!!! OMG, I WANT THOSE 2 HOURS OF MY LIFE BACK! so i washed it down by watching Grave of the Fireflies...still makes me cry...
Couldn't agree more. I got a copy of the DVD (don't ask), and only manage to watch about 15 minutes, and I actually don't understand even one single bit of the story. Not to mention the fighting scene is confusing and got me dizzy :darn . Thank God I didn't watch it in theatre...
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Oh, that is a great movie, yonie, I agree :amuse A Brazilian friend of mine recommended it to me, and I'm so glad she did. The filming is so well done, the story is very thought-provoking and exciting - I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie.

And Ax3r, I saw Perfume too. I actually liked it - a bit weird, but it was creatively done. Certainly a very twisted story though, you're right :amuse

DZ!!! this Irish film interests me, where'd you find it? hmm....I'll try to find it too :)
Gyah, check you pms. XD I'mma send the torrent. :D

And yeah, I've been wanting to watch Perfume (admitedly, the casting of both Alan Rickman and Rachel Hurd-Wood got me interested), but I thought the story looked really cool, too. XD


lvl4pb: Yaaaaaaaaah, all my friends keep telling me to watch Grave of the Fireflies. Maganda ba? But they keep telling me that it'd make me cry XD So I'm slightly unsure (then again, I watch films that make me cry anyway >.>)
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@az3r- roflmao! i watched it till the end :scry i feel so cheated...

@DZ- YES! it made me want to cry!!!! it's so friggin good!!!! 20/10 thats how good!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

here's a new entry: Highlander- The Soruce....this movie made me realize how much of a loser i really am to be sitting at my couch watching some crappy movie like it.....it is so friggin crappy that even warching dog poop dry up under the sun would be more entertaining!
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Yeah, i saw that one too, in the theatre. I knew i should've spent my money on something else. :D
It's a shame, the series was awesome.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

the first movie was awesome! the series was ok, i don't really remember much of it
 

KyleUchiha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Probably Catwoman. And Fantastic Four and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Ugh.
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
I just got to watch The Bourne Ultimatum and I am lost for words. This is definitely my favorite trilogy, it is made of win and pwnage beyond description. I could rant on about it for weeks and still have praises to sing. And at the same time I cannot find any words to say...
I am actually exhausted from the excitement.
I just needed to rant.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
oh god you guys i just watched grave of the fireflies cause you said it's good and my GOD it was the MOST painfully heartbreaking thing i've ever seen... i am never gonna forget about this movie... i've been suppressing tears all throught out im gonna express this in emoticon :crying
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
grave of the fireflies is definately one of the most depressng movies ever. i had a shitty week when i watched it, but when i finished watching it, i was depressed not because i had a really shitty week, but because i felt sorry for the 2 kids :scry
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
That Ghibli movie is one of the most depressing movie ever made. If they say music calms the most savage beast, then that movie could bring tears to the toughest man (or woman) :XD
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, then I don't want to see Grave of the Fireflies. Our lives by themselves are full of (often depressing) drama, I don't want to add it by watching such a movie. I just can't watch depressing drama flick, so I better stay away from this one... don't hate me....
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

My top five would probably be..... in no particular order of course:

- Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Some of the best movies I've ever seen)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (WOOT! CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!!! Savvy?)
- Harry Potter Series (Emma Watson is hawttttt as, though she's not one the main reasons why I watch it)
- Spirited Away (Classic anime film, one of the best I've ever seen)
- SWAT (This movie was the bomb. Hands down. No arguments)

(Notice how I like movie trilogys....)
 

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
1,886
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

- Harry Potter Series (Emma Watson is hawttttt as, though she's not one the main reasons why I watch it)
Yeah, I think Emma Watson is hot too. But I can't say the movies are particularly good, at least not in comparasion to the books(Where it should have been Harry/Hermione rather than Ron/Hermione) and my imagination.
 

bebekhappy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
226
Reaction score
5
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

Here's my top 5:

1.Remember the Titans
2.Young Guns II
3.City of Angels (okay, weird...but i love it)
4.Love Actually

and finally The Godfather series...i used to borrowed this one, but now since i have it, i can watch it over and over again:p
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
so i took the time to actually watch eragon which i have avoided like the plague but boredom got the better of me, just have this to say:

Bullshit movie
Bullshit name(s)
Bullshit story
Bullshit hero
Bullshit dragon
Bullshit dragon voice
Bullshit actors (except Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich although this movie doesnt have their best work)
Bullshit ending (add a 15 to 20 minute fight scene with the crapass hero and Malkovich n put an end to it already!).

Whats this grave of the fireflies about?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@ithepirate- it's about 2 japanese kids during the war. the movie shows all the hardships they go through.

@eragon- eragon is practically starwars with: dragons, crappy acting, crappy directing, and crappy speech...to technically it's starwars if uwe boll got his hands on it and decided to mix it in with his version of a breath of fire movie....
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top