Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
da da daa daaa daa, na na na na naa na na na na
(but with a guitar)
love that song.


and yeah it fits kinda perfect with Iron Man :smile-big
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Iron Man just looks fantastic. He's one of my favorite over-looked SUPAheroes and the movie kinda changes his powers a little but he still looks cool.

Who are they having as the main antagonist in this one, does anyone know?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
He doesnt have any power(s), but he is a genius inventor. And the bad guy will be Obadiah Stane, a.k.a. the Iron Monger.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I know he doesn't have any powers, but the way he suit works is different in the movie. For one, he keeps taking the head part off, although I think they just did that so we can see the actor...egoist.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, in the comics, Iron Man likes to take of his the head part of his armor too. I think he just wear the armor to look tough. And Tony Stark is a spoiled genius playboy, so being selfish comes with the teritorry. :D
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Haha, that's true. Well, anyway, I am totally going to see this movie when it comes out.

Which looks like sometime in May.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
tony stark is a goddamn asshole that should be shot in the face, but thats an entirely different matter. and probably not relevant to the film.
so im mostly hoping for cool action sequences. and i have to say this, i love the fact that its not completely cgi made. it is Robert Downey in the suit, they actually built the suit. that is sooooo very commendable
considering todays moviemakers who rely far too much on cgi all the time. its nice to see that the true art still exists.
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i just saw rambo yesterday and it rocked.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Haha! Looks like Boff is rooting for the Hulk! Awesome!

I watched The Fall yesterday. It's an awesome movie! The whole movie feels like being in a painting or maybe an awesomely written and drawn graphic novel. :D
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I'm in the mood for HK movies these couple of days, so I watched SPL / Kill Zone and Flash Point. Those are awesome movies. It's for very long time I haven't seen fighting scenes that cool, not even in the Hollywood movies. Gotta watch out for more.
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm in the mood for HK movies these couple of days, so I watched SPL / Kill Zone and Flash Point. Those are awesome movies. It's for very long time I haven't seen fighting scenes that cool, not even in the Hollywood movies. Gotta watch out for more.
dude i been saying that too. spl and flash point some of the best lately but check out Fatal Contact with wu jing. the guy donnie yen fought before sammo hung in spl. it rocks.
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure to check it out. :)
 

Athena

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
114
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I saw the Taxi to the Dark Side. it was amazing. little disturbing to watch but my god what a powerful documentary.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Cloverfield- 10/10 'nuff said.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

1-3. Starwars: The Empire strikes back, The Return of the Jedi, and A New Hope (in that order)
4. Big Daddy
5. Goodfellas

top 5 fave movies (in no particular order):
1. Goodfellas
2. The Breakfast Club
3. Starwars, the original trilogy
4. Transformers: The Movie (the 80's animated one)
5. Pulp Fiction and Reservoir dogs (tied)
 
Last edited:

Athena

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
114
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What’s with you guys and cloverfield? Did we watch the same movie? It was at par with House of the Dead in developing characters or the storyline. The real horror came from the camera work; the cameraman had ADHD and epilepsy at the same time.
I’m traumatized after watching it for nearly a week. Don’t believe the hype. If you watch the movie you’ll end up in the hospital. I’m telling you, you’re doomed, doomed DOOMED!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well, I haven't seen Cloverfield, so no comment from me. THOUGH, I totally just bought Pocahontas and The Aristocats yesterday on DVD :3 I haven't seen these movies in like a million years! I just put Pocahontas into my DVD player and am about to watch it :pmg

And also, I saw SuperBad, and that has to be one of the crudest movies I've ever seen :/
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Cloverfield isn't meant to be watched up-close, and with a full stomach (if you're squeamish, and vomit easy). It's a "love it or hate it" movie, so i can understand why there are people who hate it....but to compare it to a piece of shit that idiot uwe boll made is blasphemy!

Cloverfield's characters arn't there for you to fall in love with. The same goes for the weak story. the characters and sotry are there to provide reason as to why someone would run around the city with a camera- on that note: the camera is shaky because th person operating it is RUNNING and is in a state of PANIC. no one on this earth, not even paraplegics will keep still if some shit like that happened!

@LH- i loved superbad! :loool the mention of phallic demons posessing a fat kid made me LMAO!
 
Last edited:

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lol, i wish my name was mc lovin.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top