THE NEW WORLD!!!!!!! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

THE NEW WORLD!!!!!!!

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Anyways I was watching One Piece and something occured to me what really is the New World? Is it where the second and Last part of One Piece will conclude? How is it different from the first half of the Grand Line besides the techonology. ;)
Will The strawhats get their last two members there? :noworry

Anyways please tell me what you think. :amuse

Freakzin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Is it where the second and Last part of One Piece will conclude?

probably not, i think they will fight WG after they find One piece, so its not the last part

alps

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
since its called 'new world" then there are all things are new for the pirates who enter in there.....
maybe the atmospher,weather,island,people,full of strong pirates..etc

i think crew gathering is only in first half of grand line..
when SH entered new world...they are all ready for the war...

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Freakzin said:
Is it where the second and Last part of One Piece will conclude?
probably not, i think they will fight WG after they find One piece, so its not the last part

Maybe that way he'll fight them as Kaizoko and knowing the true history of the void century.[br]Posted on: November 22, 2006, 05:45:00 PM_________________________________________________
alps said:
i think crew gathering is only in first half of grand line..
when SH entered new world...they are all ready for the war...
yes they will go to the New world with bountes not all of them have big ones but bounties nontheless
and why you think they won't get anymore new crew members Luffy did say theywould have 10 even though I gave no evidense the Strawhats will have 10 but I assue that.

Liqiud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mugen said:
Maybe that way he'll fight them as Kaizoko and knowing the true history of the void century.
WTF are you talking about? No one said anything about the Void Century.

[br]_________________________________________________

The reason it's probably called the 'New World' is becuse it's mostly unexplored and undiscovered. It's an obious reference to actual pirate and privateer times.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Liqiud said:
WTF are you talking about? No one said anything about the Void Century.
The reason it's probably called the 'New World' is becuse it's mostly unexplored and undiscovered. It's an obious reference to actual pirate and privateer times.
stupid how can it be unexplored when the Marines already have their headquaters there :p
Also supposedly Gol took the Rio Poneglyph with him to Raftel so if Luffy gets One Piece he'll get the rio as well which cotains info on the void century. :noworry

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mugen said:
Also supposedly Gol took the Rio Poneglyph with him to Raftel so if Luffy gets One Piece he'll get the rio as well which cotains info on the void century. :noworry
You should have said that in the first place..

Mugen said:
stupid how can it be unexplored when the Marines already have their headquaters there :p
The different counties had bases all over the Caribbean in the actual 'Great age of pirates' but most of the sea was unexplored. Guess what it was called.; "THE NEW WORLD!" :o
You spelled headquarters and contains wrong btw.

infyquest

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
yes the same the carribean and the discovery of the america by columbus.
then the america is called as new world by the spanish.
(I think, does anybody remember the history lessons)

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
The "New World" was a name all Europeans shared for the Americas (South, Central, and North America) and the seas around them..

Darkheart608608

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
yes, back then they are not divide into North America, Central America, or South America. Back then they are just a one big continent called "The New World" by the Spanish, then the French, and later the English also adopted this term. They all called the new continent as "The New World". The land later on (after all the exploration was done) divided to regions and renamed to North, Central, and South Americas that we now have.

Yes, there is a lot of people in that second part of Grand Line or "The New World" as they called it. However, the land and island are not yet 100% has been explored especial no one except Roger found Raftel yet. But i don't think that 100% why they called this second part of GL as "The New World". I think there is one more factor that contribute to this name that is the gathering of people (both private, traver, goverment officer), who has the power to change the world to bring the world to the New Age, that we sometime heard in One Piece (Dragon, Lofulamingo, Black Beard, Shanks, Coby say about the New Age).

One more interesting about One piece that i notice, "If you use the One piece world, or at least the area that SH crew travel, and fix it to our world map, you will find a lot of place that match with each other. If you do this i believe you will find the final location of Raftel in our world map. any guess on where is that "Raftel" in our world map will be? The answer is nothing new, but it may surprise you. Let's take a guess and i will tell you later on after all of your guess finish. I want to see how many of you will say the same think with what i have in mind. But please remember, it is just my guess, i could be incorrect, too.

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh, finally someone with some sense. One thing though. The characters you stated mentioning a new age, where all mentioning different ideals. Dragon's ideals on a "New Era" refer to the destruction of the WG and his son's completion of his 'destiny'. Doflamingo's ideals on a "New era" is the death of the age of dreams. BB's ideals on the "New Era" are referring to his rise to power and the continuation of the age of dreams. Shanks' "Rampaging Era" refers to a great chain of events that are going to shake the world and shift the balance of power. And I believe Coby shares some mentality of Dragon and Shanks of sorts; He believes Luffy will conquer the "New World" and become pirate king, one of the change of events that Shanks was talking about.

jeffhmwong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
this is a place for discussion....stop calling each other stupid or idiots..!!

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
since you all seem to agree on taking it LITERALLY :noworry
is there a Christopher Colombus in One Piece :oh

Jooki

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Christopher Columbus would be Gold Roger

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
J@ffzz said:
this is a place for discussion....stop calling each other stupid or idiots..!!
wtf are you talking about...

Mugen said:
since you all seem to agree on taking it LITERALLY :noworry
is there a Christopher Colombus in One Piece :oh
We are not taking it LITERALLY We are saying Oda roughly based OP on the actual 'Great Age of Pirates' (Which is true); and making assumptions based on that mentality.

Jooki said:
Actually, if you think about it(other than the obvious pirate thing). Yeah, he could be loosely based on Columbus.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Jooki said:
No don't compare Gol to that guy even though Gol's fiction
Also the New world in One Piece is not Unexplored the F****g Marines have their HQ there so how can it be unexplored It's called the New World for it's advancement in Technology for being different than the first half in which it is more advanced in others ways as well

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh, I'll come out and say it clearly, your completely wrong... I'm sure Oda has done ALOT research on the real "Great Age of Pirates." When pirates and privateers were exploring and looting the Caribbean the land beyond it was called the "New Word." Their is no way in hell Oda would call the ladder half of the Grand Line the "New World" without referring to that. ANYONE who doesn't catch the obvious reference is about as sharp as a hamster's ass.

:pwned

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Liqiud said:
Eh, I'll come out and say it clearly, your completely wrong... I'm sure Oda has done ALOT research on the real "Great Age of Pirates." When pirates and privateers were exploring and looting the Caribbean the land beyond it was called the "New Word." Their is no way in hell Oda would call the ladder half of the Grand Line the "New World" without referring to that. ANYONE who doesn't catch the obvious reference is about as sharp as a hamster's ass.

:pwned
:p shit what proof do you have just cuz he's based some things of real things does'nt mean everything in One Piece is. If that were the casewould'nt everything ion One Piece be predictable :fry

you give me some solid proof since you say you're right
:Gaipose

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
We'll have solid proof when the StrawHats travel to the ladder half of the Grand Line and my theory is right.

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Arright, place nice, boys, everyone is entitled to his or her theories, but you don't call eachother names because they're different to yours, now get back on the subject :notrust