So I was just thinking:
We've got this new development where Moria is apparantly "too weak" for the Shichibukai title.
...and I don't like it...
Now let me set my record straight: I like Moria. He's a bad guy that's bad, but also has a past which has most likely led to this. And though I'm a little annoyed that Moria going bye bye will say bye bye to some potentially good flashbacks or development of a character that isn't fan-gasm'ed over, Moria's death is not my dislike of this development.
APARANTLY: Killing off your forces is a good idea.
So if you want to get rid of someone, doing it in a war = good idea. Can blame it on anything. Nothing wrong there.
But we have 4 remaining Shichibukai. They are now the Yonbukai, and four pirates aren't exactly as scary as 7. Now we can guess that obviously the Gorousei will fill these spots again with some new pirates.
But I don't know about you, but the last time they filled it, it obviously ended up as such a good decision right? (Breaks sarcasm metre with blackbeard reference).
Better steps would be something like:
Step 1) Fill empty spots
Step 2) THEN strengthen weaker spots
Step 3) ????
Step 4) PROFIT
STEP ONE PEOPLE! And even then, Step 2 would be better by pitting a candadite against an existing member. Because then you almost only have favourable situations:
BEST OUTCOME - Moria wins, displays maintainance of strength
BEST OUTCOME - Candadite wins, strengthens Shichibukai
BEST OUTCOME - they kill each other. Two less pirate groups to worry about
BAD OUTCOME - Moria defects...send a feathered smily boy to hunt him down
Anyway, point is this seems like another "great tactical move" by the marine/WG side. Between Sengoku's "strategy", weakening your own Moria-rating and failing to account for the movements of 47 or so ships, I can't help but feel brains were only produced in certain parts of the world, or that Oda's "awesome tactical decisions" really aren't. If anything, tactics in One Piece have just been a bumbling string of failures.
Let me put my arguement in a perspective you should all understand:
You have 6 pokemon, 2 fainted, 2 are fine, 1 is asleep and 1 is 10 levels weaker. You decide to have the weaker one do self-destruct on a ghost type because at least it looks like it went down fighting.
Am I the only one confused?
