The Niffer Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Niffer Thread

Niffer

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peoples! (And anything else that's no peoples)

I'm Niffer... I guess I'll give a brief background on how I ended up here.

I started learning Japanese in 2006 just as a hobby because the girl I had a major crush on was studying it. It actually turned out to be pretty fun and it was the one hobby I didn't drop! I was never that dedicated to it though and progressed at a painfully slow pace. So slow that I didn't think I was good enough to do it at university so I studied Anthropology with a year in Japan.

Before I started uni though I went to Japan for 4 months with this girl. Love did not bloom for us, but my love of Japan and Japanese did! It was soooo cooool!!! I couldn't wait to go back!

Skip forward a few years and I studied at Kansai Gaidai in Osaka for 9 months. Let me tell you, if you're interested in learning Japanese then study it in Japan, your level will SHOOT through the roof!

I went back to Japan many times, studying/living/visiting it for a total of about 2 years over the span of 7 years. My degree in Anthropology waaaas useless, so I figured Japanese should get me a job! I did try to get a job in translation but that didn't work out very well for a number of reasons, although it did help me realise that I SUCKED at translation. So I just finished my MA in Japanese Translation.

So how did I end up here? Well I want to translate manga, light novels and games, and the best way to do that is through experience! I found this site months ago but only got into it when I started working with Waterflame Edited Mangas (who are SUPER nice).

I'm having great fun working on translation projects others have yet to attempt and am releasing the manga I translate here. Maybe linking to some other projects.

I really, really love translating. I love how manga is a great way to look at Japanese perspectives and cultures and current trends of thought.

If you have any questions please ask away!
If there's anything you'd like me to translate please let me know!

Projects currently working on:

Youkai Ningen
(Waterflame Edited Mangas)
Houkago Saikoro Kurabu / After School Dice Club (Waterflame Edited Mangas)
Kamakura Deco Kofu Life (Waterflame Edited Mangas)
Orange Chocolate (if I can find the raws)
Neko Shitsuji (Appreciation Scans)

Abrah.jp

*Not looking for anything new right now

Last edited:

waterflame

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I heard you were talking shit about me :3 (kidding of course) Your very fun to work with on projects ^_^ :3 There is my useless two cents X3

Gala Lion

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I heard that you were a hardcore tsun at waterflame scans. just kidding :p glad to have met you on here ^^

waterflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
I heard that you were a hardcore tsun at waterflame scans. just kidding :p glad to have met you on here ^^
Can confirm with this totally legit quote(and by no means made up on the spot):

"It's not like I translated that chapter for you or anything... I just wanted to know what happens next... ばか!"

dark123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi. Fallen Angels is looking for Translator for Nanatsu no Taizai. I wonder why you have FA signature :D

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Fallen Angels is looking for Translator for Nanatsu no Taizai. I wonder why you have FA signature :D
See these posts( 1, 2) for an explanation on the issue.

Niffer

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey! I'll check it out but I've got a number of things going on right now. I'll probably have some time in later this week and will have a look and contact FA if they're still looking for some help :)

dark123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hey! I'll check it out but I've got a number of things going on right now. I'll probably have some time in later this week and will have a look and contact FA if they're still looking for some help :)
Good to know :D We still are looking for translator. There is no Red Hawk so we would like to release best version like they did.

Niffer

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Anime / Manga Related New Years Resolution!

Well I see them as goals more than resolutions, but I suppose that's what resolutions are ^^;

I want to finish translating all 5 volumes of After School Dice Club, I also want to finish a Japanese novel, and to translate one (not necessarily the same one).

頑張っているよ!

Ellianna

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi!:hiBlue Light Scans (new group) is looking for a translator. We're working on a shoujo manga (Peach Sisters) and I already have the raws with me.

waterflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Anime / Manga Related New Years Resolution!

Well I see them as goals more than resolutions, but I suppose that's what resolutions are ^^;

I want to finish translating all 5 volumes of After School Dice Club, I also want to finish a Japanese novel, and to translate one (not necessarily the same one).

頑張っているよ!
Um.. Niffer there are 6 volumes of School Dice Club :3

Niffer

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Um.. Niffer there are 6 volumes of School Dice Club :3
I'm the one that told you there was a volume 6! :P Didn't realise there was one at the time of writing my resolution though ^^;

waterflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm the one that told you there was a volume 6! :P Didn't realise there was one at the time of writing my resolution though ^^;
See here they are being a total tsun :3 and sure you did Niffer ~ :3 Sure you told me first X3

waterflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
The toradora visual novel was pretty cool... It even has a English Patch(which came out in 2013.. DAMN IT'S BEEN THAT LONG?! X3) - https://vndb.org/v4137

Gala Lion

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Kitty Flame pls

We all know your a tsun two a stubborn one at that U_U

Last edited:

tagomisugi

Reaction score
Country
United States
i'm looking for manga translator from japanese to english, willing to work for at least 6 months, someone that have read and translate manga before. I'm willing to pay ...$ per chapter depending on the number of pages and the amount of text on 1 page, i'll give you the chapter first and then we will discuss the price before you translate!
contact gmail: tagomisugi2