Others - The Nintendo Switch Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Others The Nintendo Switch Thread

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
No but I likely will due to Smash. I'm assuming the online features for Let's Go require it as well? I would have gotten it for that as well, but my progress has been a bit slow-going lately. I only cleared Silph Co. a couple days ago.
I'm also around Silph Co, pokemon is quite a long game if you take time catching the pokemons you want. Since i got the judge functionality whenever i come across a pokemon i want, i'll just sit there doing catch combo til i get the one i want lol i remember back in the days i had like 200h in my pokemon Silver save, then one day one idiot erased it by making new game. go get the NSO, worth it just for pokemon and smash
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Which version do you have? If it's Pikachu that would be normal, but you can only catch Growlithe/Arcanine in the wild in Pikachu. I guess the analogue for Eevee would be Vulpix/Ninetails.

Yeah, it's very nostalgic and fun though. With some added layers with additional pokemon types and mechanics introduced in later games. I just would have preferred the difficulty level was higher.
I'm fine with the difficulty, they made catching pokemon lot more fun and the competitive aspect is still there. i can't wait to go pvp with the 6x snorlax line up :teehee

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm fine with the difficulty, they made catching pokemon lot more fun and the competitive aspect is still there. i can't wait to go pvp with the 6x snorlax line up :teehee
I'm mainly talking about how broken your starter is. A 100% IV pokemon that can learn moves for free of basically every type, which also buff your team with stuff like Light Screen or Reflect after every use. Eevee/Pikachu is super broken. A lot of people playing it intentionally don't use them unless it's a last resort, simply because it nullifies a lot of the challenge the game has.

I think the new catching mechanic is a wash, as the challenge is pretty much the same compared to catching them the old way IMO. Trying hard to not empty life bars isn't "challenging", it's annoying, and counter-intuitive to raising powerful pokemon. With that said, it's quite a lot easier in handheld mode compared to docked. The sensor is completely fucked when trying to catch using the Joycon, you'll throw one way and the ball goes the literally opposite direction. :lmao

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Unfortunately the Pokeball Plus was particularly bad, it felt almost random after a while to which direction the throw goes with it. Usually it works, but sometimes it's completely bonkers.

It's a good looking and feeling accessory, but gets frustrating fast. Especially when you realize it's pretty bad in Go too, since it uses only regular Pokeball from your inventory, not great or ultra.

Still use it though, because it too cold here to actually play Go :D

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, Nintendo was "smart" to make Mew exclusive to it honestly. Otherwise I don't think as many people would bother buying it due to the Go Plus and Gotcha Plus already existing.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'm mainly talking about how broken your starter is. A 100% IV pokemon that can learn moves for free of basically every type, which also buff your team with stuff like Light Screen or Reflect after every use. Eevee/Pikachu is super broken. A lot of people playing it intentionally don't use them unless it's a last resort, simply because it nullifies a lot of the challenge the game has.

I think the new catching mechanic is a wash, as the challenge is pretty much the same compared to catching them the old way IMO. Trying hard to not empty life bars isn't "challenging", it's annoying, and counter-intuitive to raising powerful pokemon. With that said, it's quite a lot easier in handheld mode compared to docked. The sensor is completely fucked when trying to catch using the Joycon, you'll throw one way and the ball goes the literally opposite direction. :lmao
In any case i don't miss random encounter lol but yeah pokemon is that one game i always play on handheld. I never liked motion control, it's also the reason why mario party was a pass to me. Starters are strong but if you can get good IV from other good pokemons they'll be beast too.
my gyarados is my favorite right now :nod got him after a 130 combo on magikarps.

whoever made the spawn rate for charmander is an ass. tried to combo them today so i could get a good charizard, after nearly 30mn i only had a combo 8. then spotted a sandshew shiny. broke my combo to catch him and he sucks :lmao still glad i got my first shiny without even trying

Yeah, Nintendo was "smart" to make Mew exclusive to it honestly. Otherwise I don't think as many people would bother buying it due to the Go Plus and Gotcha Plus already existing.
lol i hope there is a way of getting Mew without buying it cuz there is no way i'm getting it lol speaking of accessories i'm still not sure if i'm gonna play smash with a pro controller or if i'm gonna buy a gamecube controller.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Starters are strong but if you can get good IV from other good pokemons they'll be beast too.
my gyarados is my favorite right now :nod got him after a 130 combo on magikarps.
Yeah but you at least get them the conventional way, instead of them being handed to you

lol i hope there is a way of getting Mew without buying it cuz there is no way i'm getting it lol speaking of accessories i'm still not sure if i'm gonna play smash with a pro controller or if i'm gonna buy a gamecube controller.
Right now there isn't, they were smart to make it cheaper with the bundle too, since it's $40 there instead of $50 on it's own. Still too expensive for a single pokemon though IMO.

I got a pro controller not long after I got my Switch, probably used it a handfull of times. I almost exclusively play in handheld mode. My monitors are two high resolution so the picture looks a bit blurry, and I don't really care to move my setup to a TV. The controller is really nice though, but if someone is used to playing with a GC controller and has no use for the Pro otherwise, you probably wouldn't need it. The Gamecube controller for Switch is half the price of the Pro (it's not wireless), plus there are adapters if you already own a Gamecube controller.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
i'm addict to smash lol, didn't play anything else since friday. i'm enjoying world of light so far, been playing it with Marth mostly. Not my main but he's similar to Ike ( my main on the wii). that been said some levels are really annoying in world of light, that shit made me hate villagers and megaman lol
been playing with the pro controller but i'm planning to grab a GC controller, the big A button in the middle is the best for smash xD

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, I skipped Brawl so it's been quite some years since i played. Pro controller is definitely a needed upgrade over the Joycons, but it's still a bit awkward with its 4 button layout.
Filthy Ike player.... makes sense :heh

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ike is tha best :hip on the other side i've been having a lot of fun with Ryu so still not sure who i'm gonna main on that smash, waiting til i unlock everyone to decide. been doing slow, taking my time. I only have bout half of the roster atm.

and Simon is fucking disgusting, wtf is that range? his hitbox is ridiculous. They dropped a new patch today, according to patch notes, matchmaking is better. i didn't try yet.
so true :lmao inkling is also ridiculous, i hate it whenever i get matched with an inkling main. My GSP with Ryu dropped from above 1m to around 100k because an inkling main

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, finally caved and bought me a wii (getting it on january 7th). Got zelda and super smash to start. Any other recommendations that aren't mario karts (mostly because I am likely getting the game later on)?

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Welp, finally caved and bought me a wii (getting it on january 7th). Got zelda and super smash to start. Any other recommendations that aren't mario karts (mostly because I am likely getting the game later on)?
wii? you mean switch lol . With Smash and BoTW you have for at least a minimum of 100h of entertainment. so you'll probably end up with a huge backlog getting more games right now. I'd rather recommend getting the online subscription so you can enjoy smash online. Anyway depend of what kind of game you're looking for.

if you liked any of the 3D mario, then you have the goat of plateformers: super mario odyssey
shooting: Doom, splatoon 2
strategy: mario rabbids
turn based rpg: pokemon, octopath traveler
hack & slash/musou: bayonetta 2, hyrule warriors, warriors orochi 4, dynasty warriors 8 Xtreme legends
action rpg: xenoblade chronicles 2/ torna the golden country
indies: hollow knights, celeste, dead cells
great 2D: donkey kong tropical country (never buy that kirby alliance shit lol)
for party games, i believe you dont need more since Smash and MK8 are already enough to have fun with friends and family but if you're one of those who bought a switch mostly for that : mario tennis, mario party, 1-2 switch, just dance, overcooked,
free stuff : warframe, paladins, fortnite (if you like that stuff)
good mention: starlink, civilisation 6

Last edited:

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
it's dead here, nobody with nintendo switch online and smash?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I really like my Switch, but I couldn't dislike anything more than online gaming. Gomenasai.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
If all you Smashers wanna see amazing level design and astonishing art search for Caped Baldy custom level.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
If all you Smashers wanna see amazing level design and astonishing art search for Caped Baldy custom level.
lmao one punch man

good design but too weird can't play on it

Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
It turned out pretty fun, looks kinda lot like ONEs original Saitama drawings :D

I'm having a blast with the level editor. Maybe I'll upload something actually playable some day soonish.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
yeh you did saitama pretty well. i didn't try the editor yet, too lazy lol

loving joker so far, beside his down special.

i'm also not a fan of his up air attack, kinda the same as sheik up air. can't do much with it

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I didn't get him yet. Never played Persona so didn't feel like it. The gameplay looks rather cool though. So maybe.

Still waiting for DLC character #2 to decide whether I by the full pack.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
i'm just taking them one by one rather than getting the full pack because i don't know if i'll be playing the game by the time they're all released. At worst it'll just cost me $5 more.

I also never played persona but if you're having a good time with smash, it's worth it.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
With there only being two odd months left in the year, what has been everyone's favourite Switch release so far this year?

For me it's been Dragon Quest XI by far. Just finished it today and I have to say it's been ages since I've really enjoyed and gotten into a game this much. Enjoyable story, excellent gameplay and a superb soundtrack have put it well above other releases like Link's Awakening and Fire Emblem Three Houses (would rate FE3H higher than LA), albeit I had a diminished experience with FE3H being spoilt for me by a friend.