The NJT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Saithan said:
Hiya Njt, ever since I discovered Edited Manga I've been around a bit, and I've seen you on many different forums, I think it's awesome that you're so active, so I wanted to ask you if you're doing any other translations aside from Naruto?
Haha, thanks for noticing me :).
Well actually as of late I've been very busy with getting the mangahelpers look like you see it now. So I haven't been able to translate much of anything as of late. I have however worked on quite a few manga, bon bon zaka koukou (a manga that no one has seen yet... that I know of? :p) Ichigo 100% I've helped proof read this for others, Death note done various checks of this series. Tenjo tenge Did around... 4-5 chapters of this. Hunter hunter checked some of these translations, Bleach did two of this as well as proofed a few. And a various other series that I can't think of right now. If I had the time I seriously would do more translating, but honestly just haven't. Hopefully I'll get more time next year? Who knows-....

Anax said:
Ummm, may I ask how old are you?
I'm 21 :ossu
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Are there any other countries you might want to see?  If so, what's on top of your list?

Do you think you'd make a good ambassador for Japan?

What was the first computer you ever had?

What's your favorite game?

Winter or Summer? 

And to take a cue from Eileen's questions, what in the Naruto series has made you:

1. :spaz

2. :nuts

3. :yelling
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Gold Knight said:
Are there any other countries you might want to see? If so, what's on top of your list?
hmm I'd like to go to China, that being first, then I'd like to head to Norway, I wouldn't mind any of Europe, and Korea might be fun :D. (in other words, there are lots of places I wanna visit :). )

Do you think you'd make a good ambassador for Japan?
Nah, I wouldn't know what to do....

What was the first computer you ever had?
My first computer was a Windows ME (well not unless you call a commodore a computer...) It was a gateway and was my ticket to the internet which I fell in love :)

What's your favorite game?
I really enjoy fighting games and some of my favorites are Marvel vs Capcom 2, Guilty gear X(X and all it's versions) as well as Street fighter zero 3.

Winter or Summer?
Summer x 10

And to take a cue from Eileen's questions, what in the Naruto series has made you:

1. :spaz
When Lee suddenly appeared in the fight with Kimimaro

2. :nuts
When lee took off his weights in the fight with Gaara.

3. :yelling
The fight with Gai and Kisame they cut that WAY too much... I mean, show us more action!!
 

Saithan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
84
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Happy new year btw, just wanted to be the first to say that :)

Well, I'll hope that you will get a chance to translate more because your translations are very enjoyable to read, and carries the japanese culture with it.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
How are u njt?

What would have happen to u now if there is no computer? Perhaps u are watching TV?

How many forums have u been so far? What is the best thing that have happen to u so far in a forum?

What makes u go into Naruto?
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Saithan said:
Happy new year btw, just wanted to be the first to say that :)

Well, I'll hope that you will get a chance to translate more because your translations are very enjoyable to read, and carries the japanese culture with it.
Thanks man :ossu

eileenting88 said:
How are u njt?
I'm fine thanks :D. Need to take a break from the computer actually, starting to get a headache :p.


What would have happen to u now if there is no computer? Perhaps u are watching TV?
Hmmm if there was NO computer around right now, I'd either be reading manga, or playing some games.

How many forums have u been so far? What is the best thing that have happen to u so far in a forum?
Hmmmm this is a tough question, I've been on.... 15 forums? Perhaps more..... Yeah, I get around...

What makes u go into Naruto?
I've always liked ninja and also "special abilities" like those found in x-men... so Naruto was something that I was destined to like :).
 

Amaethon

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey njt, you're a teacher, right? What was your college major? I'd assume Japanese Language and Literature and English minor or vice versa.
 

Saithan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
84
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Hm... Teachers are awesome, unfortunately my choice of a career takes me elsewhere, perhaps I can be a teacher at a business school or something :)

Anyway I want to ask you if you'd be interested in translating D.Gray-man... it's an interesting manga, and there are a lot of "special" abilities involved, also these abilities evolve as their users mature with time.
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Jam VS Venom? >)

Seriously I'd love to play with you :tem

Well, no real question just saying "hi" and that I admire the things you manage to do in relation to your age... man, 21 with a wife, kid and four jobs, active in countless forums and a translator... makes my head spin :D
 

Saithan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
84
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Hey Njt, I am curious about some of the mangas out there, and was wondering if you could categorize, I'd also appreciate it if you could name some of them e.g. which mangas are josei, seinen even seijin and redikomi.

Thanks.
 

bebong

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
430
Reaction score
2
NJT!!! Finally you made yer thread!!! Questions OK!!

What's you're favorite:

Food
Anime
Country

Thx!!
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Mind telling us what are your four jobs? Also, what's your secret and you gaven't dropped dead yet? How old is your wife and kid? (All, these wife, kid things make you sound soooo old when you are merely two years older than me...)
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Amaethon said:
Hey njt, you're a teacher, right? What was your college major? I'd assume Japanese Language and Literature and English minor or vice versa.
haha yep, I actually haven't majored in anything yet, well not fully. I majored in literature arts, but nothing hard core yet. I kinda got stuck here before I planned on it :p.
Saithan said:
Hm... Teachers are awesome, unfortunately my choice of a career takes me elsewhere, perhaps I can be a teacher at a business school or something :)

Anyway I want to ask you if you'd be interested in translating D.Gray-man... it's an interesting manga, and there are a lot of "special" abilities involved, also these abilities evolve as their users mature with time.
haha nope, got enough projects I need to finish first :s.

Anax said:
Jam VS Venom? >)

Seriously I'd love to play with you :tem

Well, no real question just saying "hi" and that I admire the things you manage to do in relation to your age... man, 21 with a wife, kid and four jobs, active in countless forums and a translator... makes my head spin :D
haha thanks, since I was young I was always taking care of some small thing, so me being busy is what's natural though sometimes I like to be lazy and just lurk around different areas without posting or working... *though I try not to do it often :p*

Saithan said:
Hey Njt, I am curious about some of the mangas out there, and was wondering if you could categorize, I'd also appreciate it if you could name some of them e.g. which mangas are josei, seinen even seijin and redikomi.

Thanks.
Actually I'm not really a good person to ask that, I've only read a small amount of manga, so couldn't really recommend anything too great :s, nor give you info that you couldn't find on wikipedia :s.

bebong said:
NJT!!! Finally you made yer thread!!! Questions OK!!

What's you're favorite:

Food
Anime
Country

Thx!!
Hmmm well this thread isn't really new, but ohh well :p.

I like:
Pizza, crab legs, and yakiniku.
hmmmm Basilisk is cool :)
Japan, though I want to explore more areas :D.

Anax said:
Mind telling us what are your four jobs? Also, what's your secret and you gaven't dropped dead yet? How old is your wife and kid? (All, these wife, kid things make you sound soooo old when you are merely two years older than me...)
I work as an english conversation teacher for 3 of them, just different locations. As for my fourth job I work as a consultant regarding problems using various services. So, a job that I can do online, which is nice :D.
hmmmm my secret as to not dieing, I believe everything happens for a reason and to always look forward to a better day tomorrow :p.
My wife is older though not much, and my baby is nearly 2 ^^.
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
What it's like being such a young dad? My mom had be when she was 19 too, but well, she's a woman and they supposedly have a maternal instict :D
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Anax said:
What it's like being such a young dad? My mom had be when she was 19 too, but well, she's a woman and they supposedly have a maternal instict :D
It has it's ups and downs.... Though I'm glad to be a young father :). It's nice to have alot of energy to spend with my daughter, though I do spend too much time working :s *sigh* :p
 

Saithan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
84
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
hmm... well, I think it's a very mature decision by you and your wife to have a child at a young age :).

I'm 24 and being pestered by my parents to get married and settle down...

If you don't mind me asking, why get married at such a young age ?
Of course I don't know the norm in Japan so it might be very normal, also an obvious answer to my question would be "I love my wife". (IMHO no other reason is needed than "love") Anyway I hope you can share some of your thoughts.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
My parents got married at age 19 ( Mom was 18 ) - the reason? Love at first sight. ;) They didn't fight at all for the next 10 years either (so they claim) and they're closing on their 40th anniversary.

Sometimes I think that people who overthink their relationships tend to do worse than people who just go with their gut instinct. Well, maybe there should be a fine balance somewhere.

But then again, I've been through like 1,000 broken relationships so what the heck do I know. [/overexaggeration]
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
njt, if u are to rate your life until now from 1 to 10, how much will u give? Why?

Why do u first make the decision to move to Japan or is it your parent's will?

What is the best thing that US and Japan have to offer to u?
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Saithan said:
hmm... well, I think it's a very mature decision by you and your wife to have a child at a young age :).

I'm 24 and being pestered by my parents to get married and settle down...

If you don't mind me asking, why get married at such a young age ?
Of course I don't know the norm in Japan so it might be very normal, also an obvious answer to my question would be "I love my wife". (IMHO no other reason is needed than "love") Anyway I hope you can share some of your thoughts.
Hmmm love for her, love of japan, and love of Japanese had factors in it :D.

Gold Knight said:
My parents got married at age 19 ( Mom was 18 ) - the reason? Love at first sight. ;) They didn't fight at all for the next 10 years either (so they claim) and they're closing on their 40th anniversary.

Sometimes I think that people who overthink their relationships tend to do worse than people who just go with their gut instinct. Well, maybe there should be a fine balance somewhere.

But then again, I've been through like 1,000 broken relationships so what the heck do I know. [/overexaggeration]
Now that is awesome! My wife and I fight all the time, but that was only after our 3 year mark, things are a lot calmer now :)

eileenting88 said:
njt, if u are to rate your life until now from 1 to 10, how much will u give? Why?

Why do u first make the decision to move to Japan or is it your parent's will?

What is the best thing that US and Japan have to offer to u?
hmmmm as for learning things from it, I'd rate it a 10. I had a HARD life growing up, but learned a lot from it.

My Girlfriend was japanese, and well I just fell in love with asians in general, but I guess Japanese girls were all I really knew so Japan was the #1 place I wanted to go to.

Japan has GREAT people, and I feel safer here...
US has my family food and friends, all that I miss and love :).
 

walkie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
844
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
hi njt,:)

first of all thanx for openning a thread like that...i have a favor

in manga 267 page 4.....can you translate what sasori said about akatsuki and orochimaru stuff...i and my friend has different translations and we are confused...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top