The NJT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
This was from a translation I did back when this chap came out... not sure when :p. but yeah, here's how it went :)

Chiyo
ガアラの父
四代目風影を殺したのは
大蛇丸じゃったが
Although it was Orochimaru who killed Gaara's dad, the 4th Kazekage.

それを手引きしたのは
The one who helped him was...

こやつじゃ・・・
Him....

Sasori
おいおい四代目っつーのは俺はしらねーぜ
hey hey, I have nothing to do with the Yondaime's death.

手引きは俺の部下がやったことだ
The one who helped was a subordinate of mine.
{Note: in this japanese they use 手引き which in the way they use it, it means as in "inside help"... so Orochimaru used someone from the sand that was a subordinate of Sasori.}

・・・確かに"暁"では元々
大蛇丸と組んでたから
色々やったが
Well yeah, in "Akatsuki" we used to be partners, and so Orochimaru and I did things and all but...[not that]
 

walkie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
844
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
thanx njt, i should say you are one of the translators i trust ;)

so when he says "partners", does he mean as a sub-teammember like sasori-deidara, itachi-kisame or partners as all akatsuki members??

all we are tryng to understand, before oro left akatsuki who was his sub-team member?? was it sasori or not??
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
walkie said:
thanx njt, i should say you are one of the translators i trust ;)

so when he says "partners", does he mean as a sub-teammember like sasori-deidara, itachi-kisame or partners as all akatsuki members??

all we are tryng to understand, before oro left akatsuki who was his sub-team member?? was it sasori or not??
yep, it would have been a sasori-orochimaru team up.
 

Saithan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
84
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Njt, I was wondering if it would be possible to make a "help out noob translators" thread for those who are trying to put their Japanese to use by trying their hand translating manga and stuff. Or will it be too much of a hassle ?
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Hmmm it wouldn't be too much of a hassle but it'd depend on who could help out them and what not...
I for one am quite busy but I can't speak for other translators... so it'd be up to them to help out, but sure why not try it out and we'll see how it goes :)
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
How long have you been living in Japan? How about a short resume of your life? Like I was born there, raised by so and so, went to [that] school, had [those] (lovely/hateful) teachers etc. etc. Would you? Please? :D
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
You're expecting a lot, Anax. :amuse

Not ALL of us have had sunny lifestyles.
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Gold Knight said:
You're expecting a lot, Anax.  :amuse

Not ALL of us have had sunny lifestyles.
True... I wouldn't know though, since my life so far has been absolutely great! Maybe it's because I only think of the bad times when I'm in a bad mood :p Really now, Taylor, you don't have to answer a thing you don't want to :amuse
 

Saithan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
84
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Hej Njt, genki desu ka ? :) I wanted to ask you something, what does (Sainan kashitawa) or (Sainan deshoo) I can't really see it very well, but it's something a girl says when she hands a cup of o-cha to a guy, who replies (domo)...

I've uploaded the raw chapter if you should want to take a look at it :)
 

shoked

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
68
Reaction score
1
I HAVE BEEN BROSING TROUGH ALL THE 5 PAGES AND I CAN JUST SAY THANKS FOR YOUR JOB, AND ALL THE PEOPLE COMENTS AND JOKES...

ANYWAY i am just thinking that being a father, eworking in diffenret ares. studying whatever and at the same time translate...omg... thats hard and it is amaizing that you can do ti and also taking the time to answer each one of us...wow

keep it up dude!!
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Saithan said:
Hej Njt, genki desu ka ? :) I wanted to ask you something, what does (Sainan kashitawa) or (Sainan deshoo) I can't really see it very well, but it's something a girl says when she hands a cup of o-cha to a guy, who replies (domo)...

I've uploaded the raw chapter if you should want to take a look at it :)
Sure let me check it out, also- sorry about taking so long to reply been uber busy, as you all know :p.

Anyways- my life story isn't something plain and simple.... it's seriously VERY long so anax you'll have to wait a while ;) But I'll work on it when I have the time :).

Thanks for the comment Shoked, that was nice :). And yeah, I like to keep busy ;) so all that I do is what I enjoy, just.... sometimes get lazy and want to relax too :p. But for the most part I'm always doing something and hate just sitting around doing nothing.
 

Saithan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
84
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Seriously I have pondered over this for a very long time, how can this be understood

どうなつてしまうかわからない

It's from D.Gray-man ch70, and I'm inclined to translate it as (after breaking it down first)

どう = How
なつ = Yean, miss someone
しまう = to finish, to close
わからない = i-adjective, or (わかれる) to part from, and since (ku nai) gives the word a negative meaning, it should mean " had not parted"

"How I wish that obstinate person hadn't died"

Am I wrong in how to translate this ?
 

HellbentTheGreatShinobi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
I hate to be a burden...Just a random question and I hope someone will answer me... What Japanese word to use which means 'legacy' and 'son'? And which of the two did Kishimoto officially used in the manga? I'm not Japanese so please pardon me and thanks in advance...
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Saithan said:
Seriously I have pondered over this for a very long time, how can this be understood

どうなつてしまうかわからない

It's from D.Gray-man ch70, and I'm inclined to translate it as (after breaking it down first)

どう = How
なつ = Yean, miss someone
しまう = to finish, to close
わからない = i-adjective, or (わかれる) to part from, and since (ku nai) gives the word a negative meaning, it should mean " had not parted"

"How I wish that obstinate person hadn't died"

Am I wrong in how to translate this ?
Actually- I think you miss-read it a little bit ;)

I believe it's supposed to be どうなってしまうかわからない (with the little tsu ;) )

anyways- it'd be translated like this
I'm not sure how it'd end up. (of course based on context the translation can differ ;)

どうhow
なってしまうか will it end up
わからない I dunno/ I'm not sure
Sorry for the HUGE delay. Just Extra Busy :s

Hellbent, I just checked the area that you stated where it would be (that translation... somewhere with itachi and kisame part...) and it says nothing like that anywhere :s.
If you just want those words in Japanese, you can try a dictionary :) use the links below~

http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/
http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/index.html?kind=je&mode=0
and a more gaijin friendly dictionary here: http://nihongoresources.com/
 

shoked

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
68
Reaction score
1
good, links for translation (if i can translate those words since it was on jp.)

is there any program that is helping oyu to translate aside from those links?
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
Hehe Taylor come on...you just wanted to resurrect your thread here =) Nono just kidding you have been quite busy lately, havent you? So is everything alright ? Ah and well whats left to say? 8 months already...? Its really nice to have MH because mangas wouldnt be the same without MH for me :)
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
sheesh this thread was old (and didn't know about the warning :p that's a nice feature :o)

anyways I wonder if shoked still wants to hear an answer. I use two online dictionaries and the edict that's all :p.

I'm always busy :p, but I enjoy it that way~
Everything is fine :D. My wife is pregnant with our second child and that's something cool~ She's 4 months pregnant and nope, we don't know what it is yet :s.
I'm hoping for a boy, but anything would be awesome :ossu.

Yeah- MH has GROWN to a size I never thought would be possible. Much thanks to NF, I mean I'm sure this site would have never gotten this size without it. I've met MANY awesome people because of it, and I'm glad to see it grow and continue to contribute to the community :D. Hopefully we can continue to get many translators and people willing to help out in many languages to help spread the joy of manga even more :ossu. (and especially get new projects started / fix bad translations :p.)

Ah- and not like I'm grammar nuts or anything, but when you have foreign words, like Manga you don't put s after it. :p

Thanks for posting :) (sorry for the delay :s)
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah really fast answer :D

Congrats to your upcomming child but in 5 months there will be even less Taylor =[
I just wish you and your wife the best and that the child will be alright :)

And for the 's thats just habit from the german language ... like car/cars but I'll remind that :)
 

Bibichan

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
982
Reaction score
21
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Ooooh, congrats Taylor!
May your second child bring you as much joy as your daughter does. :)
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
njt said:
My wife is pregnant with our second child and that's something cool~ She's 4 months pregnant
oooh congrats congrats congrats!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top