The One Piece Tragedy | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The One Piece Tragedy

FHT

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Since some of the animes shown in Japan are "violent" and "inappropriate" for american children, some companies (in this case, 4kids) remove this content to make it more appropriate. But let's face it...
It's Bullsh!#!!!
Removing some of that stuff is unbelievably stupid.
Let me show what I'm talking about...

JapaneseFOX

OMG! Open mouth! That's traumatic for children!

The rice is very unhealthy for kids. It's a lot better cookies!

Ben's arm cut off.

The screen turned... I don't get it neither...

The purple is very inappropriate, too violent. It's better pee yellow.

Arm removed. Now Koby it's pulled down by a very rare gravity force.​

See what I'm talking about... And believe me, there's a lot more.

Note:All the images were taken from RonoloaZoro webpage. Visit the original thread here. Recommended by Rykarreolacr XD

Last edited by a moderator:

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
TRue true I agree with you so much but anyways people should not whine cuz we watch the Japanese, Original, and Best version.

angry

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well... he does look more like a monkey....

ps. i'm joking, no flames plz.

jeffhmwong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Aww...that doesnt matter much. Most important is the manga roxks..

How come having a hand cut off will suit kids more?

How about the part Shanks got his hand bitten off? Did they cut that?

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I feel sorry for you but live with it and be happy that you dont have to watch the german naruto or db gt dub. I think you would commit suicide after seeing what they have done here. There is no blood, they removed 90% of the weapons, changed/cut/removed so many scenes that you cant count them anymore...

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
good job with the scene dude. really pay attention to details.
its funny hahaha i laughed my ass off. btw what's with the yellow bottle and the change in position (buggy's left to right) i mean is it had to be done?? haha

rigor mortis said:
I feel sorry for you but live with it and be happy that you dont have to watch the german naruto or db gt dub. I think you would commit suicide after seeing what they have done here. There is no blood, they removed 90% of the weapons, changed/cut/removed so many scenes that you cant count them anymore...
really?viva one piece

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
rigor mortis said:
I know it....but don't forget: the German Naruto version is the same like the US....so people can imagine how druel it is :D

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
After reading the latest chatper I was so happy. After seeing this totally ruined the image of One Piece!

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
anyway it is still funny. how can such thing happen? i mean what is the reason

Drunken_Goblin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Ok, that picture with Koby is kinda....well, strange. The first one with Luffy , too , but the rest doesn't really seem that bad. I know that sometimes, there doesn't seem to be a good reason why a certain scene was cut, but in general, cutting those scenes does not ruin the atmosphere nor are they important for the story.

And German Naruto isn't really bad . The synchro is actually very good considering other anime series (except mini-series like Samurai Champloo - which had a perfect German synchro) and it's not like they cut extremely important scenes. Yeah, there's less blood, less insults and all that, but nevertheless it's still Naruto . But you should all keep in mind that you get to watch those shows in the morning or afternoon, not at 7-8pm or whenever you could watch it in Japan. In USA (as well as in Germany) animes are not as accepted as other TV shows and thus are shows for children and teens - you just wouldn't get good ratings with an uncut Naruto at 7pm .

Nevertheless, it's not THAT bad, is it ? Would you prefer it if you couldn't watch One Piece or Naturo in USA ?

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Mugiwara_no_Jack said:
I know it....but don't forget: the German Naruto version is the same like the US....so people can imagine how druel it is :D
Wrong! Its the US version with up to 100 additional cuts per episode...they removed the complete opening and ending and replaced it with a cruel and really worse selfmade intro. Believe me...the usa version is 1000000times less cut then the german version =/

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Um back to One piece i remember one cut vividly. It was when Helempo had Coby as hostage. I think he was holding a hammer gun, really looked ridiculous but I was wondering if that was 4kids decision or was that how it was shown in the japanese version.

mirai

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
it was a gun pointed at his head

mars0103

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i agree if there is gore in a cartoon like one piece take the blood out. but come on this is unbleavible trying to be %$^$&^&^%£ P f*****g C come on they have raped cartoons like tom and jerry which dont get