The Piatch thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Piatch thread

Piatch

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I have only translated 4 chapters so far, but I intend to do more so I guess I should do one of these threads too...;) hehe
I hope everyone that reads my translations like them, othervise I hope you guys complain to me about it..:P LOL
And oo.. BTW, my translations are in Swedish, so you know.. :amuse

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ah - thanks for the Swedish translations ^^

What brought you to Mangahelpers? And is that avatar you? =O

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
hey piatch!!!
guess i have a couple of questions for ya:

what made you start reading Naruto? i know you like it a lot so what was it that got you hooked?
how long does it take for you to make a translation?
what's your favourite area here at mangahelpers?
If two train leaves at the same time from stockholm and Göteborg. and theyre traveling on the same track,
the gbg train travels in 145km/h an sthlm in 95 km/h. when they meet which one is furthest from stockholm?

Piatch

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Gold Knight said:
Ah - thanks for the Swedish translations ^^

What brought you to Mangahelpers? And is that avatar you? =O
Ooo-... that's no problem, I love making translations..:P hehe Thanks for making this site..;)
Well When I found Mangahelpers I was searching for great narutoforums and first I found Naruto fan, but I wanted more so I surched some more and then I found this one; mangahelpers..:) and here I will stay..:) it's great..:)
O, yeah, it's me on the avatar..:) hehe[br]Posted on: 29 June 2006, 18:07:32_________________________________________________
BoffenJL said:
what made you start reading Naruto? I know you like it a lot so what was it that got you hooked?
Well it was like two-three years ago, one of my friends always talked about Naruto and when he seemed to like it so much I thoght, "WTH why not!" and I was hooked from the first 10 minutes of the story..:) hehe for many reasons acctually! I love japaneese stuff, I love the language and this was a great story, it wasn't just a 10 episodes long story but it was long and so far it hasn't ended...:) hehe furthermore the story is really emotional and I like the way that you can have 100:ds of theorys about what's going to happend in the future and still mostly you're not right... I LOVE THAT!!:) hehe

BoffenJL said:
how long does it take for you to make a translation?
Well I guess it takes like 15-20 minutes but then I read the chapter a few times too so..:) the first time it took me 40 minutes, I wanted it too look right and I got stuck with the words, but then I thought about those "slash"-things and it made the whole thing so much easier...:) hehe

BoffenJL said:
what's your favourite area here at mangahelpers?
I love the Edited Mangas and I love the fact that the raws comes so fast to this site..:) I love the forums where you can talk about each chapter and I love these threads where you can "meet" the translators..:)
BoffenJL said:
If two train leaves at the same time from stockholm and Göteborg. and theyre traveling on the same track,
the gbg train travels in 145km/h an sthlm in 95 km/h. when they meet which one is furthest from stockholm?
Hahahaha, tricky one..:P haha *not* neather of them I guess is the answer;) hehe They are at the same place.:P haha

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Thanks for coming here, it's people like yourself that help this site be such a nice place to be :)

What's life in Sweden like? (Assuming that's where you live?)

Piatch

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Gold Knight said:
Thanks for coming here, it's people like yourself that help this site be such a nice place to be :)

Life here is great.. I love Sweden..:) Nice people, nice place..:) hehe the only thing that sucks is my work..:P at an almshouse..:( everyone should come here...:) Sweden is perfect..:P hehe

feelium

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Good work, Piatch. Chapter 312 was the best so far, I think. You made it feel natural and all to read the lines.

Gold Knight said:
To explain Piatch love for Sweden: We have the magical "ÅÄÖ". (^^o) We devote our lives to it and it makes us complete. It's our religion. The pronounciation is the key. <-- BTW: In the link, scroll down to the "ÅÄÖ" and listen to it. (~_^)

Bibichan

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello, fellow female translator! (There aren't many of us. :p)

Piatch said:
Well I guess it takes like 15-20 minutes but then I read the chapter a few times too so..:) the first time it took me 40 minutes, I wanted it too look right and I got stuck with the words, but then I thought about those "slash"-things and it made the whole thing so much easier...:) hehe
Wow, you're fast! :o Does that time span include layout and everything? What do you usually do when you get to an expression or a sentence that has no obvious equivalent in Swedish? Why did you decide to translate Naruto?
Okay, enough of the translation questions from a fellow translator nerd. ;)

Something random general:
What's your favourite colour?
Favourite food?
Favourite band?
What made you decide to work at an almshouse?

Piatch

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
feelium said:
Good work, Piatch. Chapter 312 was the best so far, I think. You made it feel natural and all to read the lines.

To explain Piatch love for Sweden: We have the magical "ÅÄÖ". (^^o) We devote our lives to it and it makes us complete. It's our religion. The pronounciation is the key. <-- BTW: In the link, scroll down to the "ÅÄÖ" and listen to it. (~_^)
Hahaha that's soo true..:) hahaha LOL you made it natural.. thanks for making me realise my religion..;) haha[br]Posted on: 02 July 2006, 22:04:45_________________________________________________
Bibichan said:
Hello, fellow female translator! (There aren't many of us. :p)

Wow, you're fast! :o Does that time span include layout and everything? What do you usually do when you get to an expression or a sentence that has no obvious equivalent in Swedish? Why did you decide to translate Naruto?
Okay, enough of the translation questions from a fellow translator nerd. ;)
Hehe, well we female translator might be rare, but oo we are great..;) hehe
Well yeah... I usually do the translation at night and put out on the net the day after when I come home from work, but I read it through one more time before I put it out so..:) but the translation doesn't take more time...:)
Well when I get stuck with a sertain translations I do slash signs and put in every translation usually there aren't that many. By doing that the reader can chose his o her wichever he or she like best..:) hehe it's pretty good..:) So far it works..:)

Well, it started when BoffenJL asked me to do one when he couldn't and I thought "why not?" and Naruto is soo great so I continued..:) hehe

Bibichan said:
Something random general:
What's your favourite colour?
Favourite food?
Favourite band?
What made you decide to work at an almshouse?
Hehe nice questions.. well, favourite color, every color is nice on different places, I might like wearing red but I wouldn't like the grass to be red.... if you know what I mean.. I like every color..:) hehe
Favourite food?? Hmmm.. well it depends on the moment, but I love a finnish speciality called "Karialan piirakka" with egg-butter that's the best thing ever..:) hehe they don't eat it that much in Sweden but they should..:) hehe
Well favourite band... hmm.. I have no idea, I like alot of bands and every band doens't make just great songs... I like punk/rock bands like SR-71, Blink 182, Yellowcard, Greenday, Skumdum But also bands like Nirvana, Sigur rós, Bob Marley, Ziggy Marley, etc...:) I like techno too..:) hehe I hate Boybands, girlbands, dance-bands, and Opera, damn I hate opera.. haha

Well I started working there couse it was the only work I could get after doing the high-school education I did, I studdied math, biology, language, fysik, chemistry and computer things like webbdesign and programming stuff, and that's nothing I can do over a summer without having a hogher education..:( even though it's the tuffest education you can do you get no job.. I hate that... I have worked my but of for 3 years at the hardest high-school education in sweden and I get no work..:( that's bad.. but but..:P hehe I'm gonna become a gymteacher so I will go, hopefully, next term to a universety here in Stockholm, Sweden to become a high-school gym teacher.. :) hehe

Well that was a litle more about me..:) hehe just keep asking if you like to..:) hehe

//Piatch[br]Posted on: 02 July 2006, 22:24:33_________________________________________________hey people I know this isn't maybe for this thread, But I just saw this thing on you tube and I just had to show you... this is soooo cool... it's a human Shikamaru.. hehe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuT6FlbDT5A
it's really awesome.. hehe

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
LoL, the way that shadow magician snapped at the end, looked almost look like he didn't know his own strength there =p ;)

Is there any Swedish comics?

Piatch

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Gold Knight said:
LoL, the way that shadow magician snapped at the end, looked almost look like he didn't know his own strength there =p ;)
Yeah.. hehe.. he seamed surprised too..:P

Gold Knight said:
Is there any Swedish comics?
Yeah, there are some I guess but most of them are really for small kids, none, as far as I know, is for both kids and older like Naruto..:) But we have one, that I can think of now, called "Rocky", that I think is Swedish, but I am not sure..:) hehe that one is quite funny...:)[br]Posted on: 03 July 2006, 12:08:23_________________________________________________Now teo seconds later I thought of some new swedish serier called "91:an", "Hälge" (<---- Here we have the beautiful letter "Ä"), "Herman Hedning" and "Åsa-Nisse" (<---- And here comes "Å") hehe[br]Posted on: 03 July 2006, 12:18:43_________________________________________________My new translation is out..:) here it is: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=5531.0

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Å is a really popular Swedish letter, eh?

Thanks for the continued work! Maybe we'll get a huge Swedish fanbase here soon enough ^^

Bibichan

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Gold Knight said:
Å is a really popular Swedish letter, eh?
Ä and ö, too, it seems. Do you have ü as well? We call them "Umlaute". And do you agree that it's characters like these that make a language even more unique? I like them; they sound funny when pronounced on their own. :p

Piatch

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I'm sorry.. we don't have the ü letter... but we have Å Ä and Ö as you all might know now..;) hehe Well... I'm trying to make my siblings to join mangahelpers and then their friends can join to and etc...:) hehe[br]Posted on: 14 July 2006, 23:42:04_________________________________________________hello people!! I have been away from the translation for a while and for that I am sorry, I've had a lot to do stating universety and everything but I promise that tomorrow (sunday 2006-10-29) I will do the translation on Naruto chapter 329 and if you guys want me to translate older chapters to Swedish offcourse just tell me and I will do them as fast as I can...:)

And if you guys wanna ask me something else just feel free to ask..:) that's what this thread is made for..:P LOL