The Rampage Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Rampage Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xallisto

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well Well where shall i start, really Shinwei should start this thread but he's a busy guy and since im constantly here i though why not.

Well Rampage formally Freestyle formally OP HQ Project well how did it all start well it all started when Shinwei left Null because of undisclosed reasons, and decided to make his own Edited Manga group, since he was the translater the most integral part of a group finding cleaners to clean OP wasnt gonna be hard really, so he got a guy (me) and we did chapter 401 tha raw was crap and the release could have been better but nontheless it wasnt bad at all.

and so we got some more members Kotokas (Strawhat Scans), Slojo and One Crazy Local Boy i havnt really spoken to these guys yet so i dont know where there from or if there just drifting cleaners like myself.

well anyway we did 402 which turned out to be an big improvment on 401 with more time, more organization and more people it would have been pretty bad if we didnt, which was much appreciated by the whiole community and soon we started turning up on more websites which was very nice to see :)

and so we moved on to 403 which looked asif the raw had been scanned by some 40 years old half broken scanner, not to mention we have all been busy with work, exams and midterms plus Shinwei's flight back home, suffice to say that 403 has been a bit of a pain in the ass but never fear were very close and the 404 raw is a gem and should be done quickly and should help us get back on track.

so after all that heres what we currently look like :)

Current Members:
Shinwei
Xallisto
Kokotas
slojo
onecrazylocalboy

Releases up to Date:

All Releases

Chapter 401
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Chapter 402
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Assuming shinwei decided Freestyle and afterwards you guys wanted to change it...
How did you decide the new name? And why rampage?
Are you planning to do other manga's then One Piece when you have more members? *cough*d.gray-man*cough*666satan*cough*
How did you guys get together? ( onecrazylocalboy probably didn't introduce himself on this forum in your thread XD )

slojo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
This is my first time posting here so let me introduce myself.

I am slojo.

There's my introduction. As for other information about me, I am currently a photography major who spends way too much time on photoshop. I was dragged into this project by shinwei because we went to high school together.

The name was changed from freestyle to rampage after i dissented. I thought that the name "freestyle" made us sound like a group of amateur rappers. After some brainstorming with shinwei, we settled for "rampage" in remembrance of our former days as FFXI junkies. I hope that cleared up any questions that anyone may have had.

As for 403, it has been going incredibly slow due to, as Xallisto pointed out, a really bad quality raw, midterms/finals, and traveling. Rest assured, we are working our hardest to provide the masses with a high quality production.

xallisto

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slojo said:
I thought that the name "freestyle" made us sound like a group of amateur rappers.
ROFL, i didnt know that was the reason, but a good one all the same :)

Thanks for posting Slojo :)

onecrazylocalboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Khaludh said:
How did you guys get together? ( onecrazylocalboy probably didn't introduce himself on this forum in your thread XD )
LoL. sorry about that. i guess i'll introduce myself here.

im onecrazylocalboy. i've been coming to this site for a couple of months now to read Naruto, but after discovering One Piece i knew i had to do something. right now im studying to become a massage therapist. i always wanted to get into a Editing group and improve my photoshop skills as well as give back to the online One Piece community. im pretty new to Editing, but i have A LOT OF FREE TIME due to my study. lol.

well if you want to know anything more, just ask :occa LOL

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Welcome to MH, slojo and onecrazylocalboy, hope you guys have fun here. Any problems just send me a PM.

(And xallisto, we haven't forgotten about Rampage's request, will get on with it.)
(Edit: Done. Check your PMs.)

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Khaludh said:
Are you planning to do other manga's then One Piece when you have more members? *cough*d.gray-man*cough*666satan*cough*
I kind of want to stay away from getting TOO big at this point. Big groups are harder to manage and multiple projects even harder. To me, One Piece is the definitive manga of all time, and although those other two you mentioned are decent manga, they just don't compare. Translating D. Gray-man is just a side thing, but its also a lot more difficult to translate than One Piece because of its endless supply of really cheesy lines that simply cannot be made to sound cool in English (or any language, for that matter) without spending a long time on Thesaurus.com (these lines sound really cheesy even in Japanese).

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Makes sense :thumbs

Zenith

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Well done on having formed this new OP Edited Mangas group. It's good to have more groups for popular manga so there's some competition. And when there's competition, the fans benefit from the increase of quality or the quicker the release of a chapter. Hope you all continue to get better every week. ^^

justink908

Reaction score
Country
United States
i've been on the site for a while now but yea . no thanx from me,, so

THANKYOU :smile-big :smile-big :smile-big :smile-big :smile-big :smile-big :smile-big :smile-big :smile-big :smile-big
i check this site daily and hourly when i'm at work on thurs and fri, love all three mangas and i'm gla your aboard thanx again

rubbereruben

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
My cries of help have been answered! Another Edited Manga group is always welcomed. And especially for One piece...

I'll be looking forward to your work. :)

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Chikusho and Rampage have merged into Rush. Thread locked. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.