The return of CP9?

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
427
Reaction score
121
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Holly smokes it's been ages since I made a thread, but here it goes

I was reading this week chatpter and something caught my attention



Is that Rob Lucci with a bottle of Jack Daniels? and if it its, nothing good can come out of that
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Interesting development here. I guess the most important question here though is just how strong has lucci grown over the past 2 years. He was even with luffy the last time he fought with him however there is the consideration that he was 28 years old. More so, luffy from two arcs later showed his strength was by all intents and purposes not worth a damn in the new world. Lucci and co had particular skillsets which would be useful to any crew. They were trained spies and assasins with a nack for information gathering. Now, while those skills are useful not one person in CP9 from 2 years ago would have made it in the new world alone. Now, given the age bit I find it hard to believe that suddenly even enemy luffy faced suddenly became that strong. Lucci was around 28 in part one and had fodder level strength. In turn luffy now has strength the world should fear and he is only 19 or 20. Are we to believe a 28 year old lucci suddenly had a growth spur comparable to luffy's even though 20 years worth of previous training still left him at fodder level? I guess smoker, being older, also went through a significant increase in strength however does it suddenly make sense that everyone went through something like that? Most likely lucci did somehow keep up however I can't say I would be comfortable with that development. We are talking about lucci becoming 100 times stronger in 2 years than in his previous 20 years combined.
 

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
427
Reaction score
121
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting development here. I guess the most important question here though is just how strong has lucci grown over the past 2 years. He was even with luffy the last time he fought with him however there is the consideration that he was 28 years old. More so, luffy from two arcs later showed his strength was by all intents and purposes not worth a damn in the new world. Lucci and co had particular skillsets which would be useful to any crew. They were trained spies and assasins with a nack for information gathering. Now, while those skills are useful not one person in CP9 from 2 years ago would have made it in the new world alone. Now, given the age bit I find it hard to believe that suddenly even enemy luffy faced suddenly became that strong. Lucci was around 28 in part one and had fodder level strength. In turn luffy now has strength the world should fear and he is only 19 or 20. Are we to believe a 28 year old lucci suddenly had a growth spur comparable to luffy's even though 20 years worth of previous training still left him at fodder level? I guess smoker, being older, also went through a significant increase in strength however does it suddenly make sense that everyone went through something like that? Most likely lucci did somehow keep up however I can't say I would be comfortable with that development. We are talking about lucci becoming 100 times stronger in 2 years than in his previous 20 years combined.
However logical you argument is, we have to remeber this is a fantasy world, and age doesn't play that much of a role here. The way ppl increase their strength here is "I'll train harder than I've ever trained before..BOOM new power level" its all reduced to "hard work" and "potential" Keeping that in mind Lucci could be at new world level by now
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
every enemy the strawhats have faced will come back in some way......of course cp9 is coming back....they will ne much stromger...how strong we dont know. they are trained killers and i dont see lucci following anyone else. i dont think they will be enemies but allies of the strawhats...kinda like the enemy of my enemy is my friend...they are both wanted by the government and cp9 has a bone to pick with them......ennies lobby was my fav arc...so i cant wait to see cp9
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,928
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, lucci always was following someone else. He worked for the world government and as far as we know he was fine with it. Odds are someone in his position would have joined another crew IMO. I mean, would he suddenly care about becoming pirate king or something? I don't think pirating in itself is something that fits lucci's character. I think he makes more sense as a crewmember who serves a specific purpose or a mercenary of sorts... I could see him selling his services to the yonko when necessary.
 

BobbinaSu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The chapter covers did foreshadow a return of the CP9. Lucci is back alive and sailed off into the distance. My guess, is that the CP9 have formed their own band of mercenaries or vigilante assassins. It would be an interesting plot twist, can throw Luffy and Lucci back together into a battle, and would make sense. Lucci seemingly left the government when he took out all the marine troops and talked to Spandam. Who knows? Maybe he teamed up with Aokiji after Aokiji quit. I don't think Aokiji is going to just disappear, he's two interesting, and important a character. He needs a reason to be Luffy's enemy. Perhaps the CP9 and Aokiji find a way to deal out justice their own way, not under the corrupt government. (Although the CP9's justice was pretty corrupt. Aokiji, on the other hand was an a lot more rational marine.)
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I would like Aokiji to be a bounty hunter in the NW and have the CP9 guys working under him.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, lucci always was following someone else. He worked for the world government and as far as we know he was fine with it. Odds are someone in his position would have joined another crew IMO. I mean, would he suddenly care about becoming pirate king or something? I don't think pirating in itself is something that fits lucci's character. I think he makes more sense as a crewmember who serves a specific purpose or a mercenary of sorts... I could see him selling his services to the yonko when necessary.
An underworld broker certainly fits him, he might be working for Dofla, though I guess Lucci was under the WG, but he acted in the name of Justice, at least his sense of it. So he viewed the WG as Justice so he served it, a radical change to Lucci's character is not needed, at least I hope he still follows his logic. Dofla is the most interesting choice to team up with, they both have a similar sense of Justice.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
An underworld broker certainly fits him, he might be working for Dofla, though I guess Lucci was under the WG, but he acted in the name of Justice, at least his sense of it. So he viewed the WG as Justice so he served it, a radical change to Lucci's character is not needed, at least I hope he still follows his logic. Dofla is the most interesting choice to team up with, they both have a similar sense of Justice.
Where do you get this from?
Lucci´s sense of justice was always clear, always black and white. The World Government are the good ones and are allowed and even supposed to do everything they can to erase and destroy criminals like pirates, bandits etc, there is no room for doubt.
Flamingo´s sense of justice is as different from Lucci´s as it can be because Flamingo has no absolute justice to begin with. The one who is superior always decides what justice is, whether they are pirates, the government or any other institution. So opposite to Lucci´s absolute and dark justice, Flamingo´s sense or rather definition of justice is very relative.
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ITS NOT A QUESTION OF IF, BUT WHEN. all of the main villians make another appearnance in the stroy at some point. Oda has shown the guy in the top hat more than once, so its obvious he wants us to pay attention 2 it.

im sure its lucci and i bet the captain of the black cat pirates has joined them
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Where do you get this from?
Lucci´s sense of justice was always clear, always black and white. The World Government are the good ones and are allowed and even supposed to do everything they can to erase and destroy criminals like pirates, bandits etc, there is no room for doubt.
Flamingo´s sense of justice is as different from Lucci´s as it can be because Flamingo has no absolute justice to begin with. The one who is superior always decides what justice is, whether they are pirates, the government or any other institution. So opposite to Lucci´s absolute and dark justice, Flamingo´s sense or rather definition of justice is very relative.
The way I look at it, Doflamingo was someone that first brought up the term Justice after the CO9, so I think Oda was alluding that they have similar viewing points, though not as ruthless, I think Doflamingo hides his action under Justice. "Justice will prevail" is a term they both used I think. Not completely similar, but I think it is fair to say that it unites them a bit, unlike other villains that do not have that much in common.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I can't imagine Lucci to ever follow someone else than the government, even if they threw him out. He was a fanatic. I think it would be more plausible if the CP 9 are now after Robin and Luffy, to restore their image.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,387
Reaction score
12,175
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I highly doubt that silhouetted man is Lucci. Just because he has a top hat, doesn't make him Lucci. If Oda would have wanted us to know it was Lucci, we'd see Hattori in shadow as well, as Hattori is always on or near Lucci. As for his re-appearance, I'm sure he and the rest of CP9 will be more of a neutral party. Their side-story has shown that they are now wanted by the government and are just traveling since the WG attacked them at their homeland. They've shown that they aren't completely evil, and it seems they just want to be left alone.
 

hoeru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
705
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mauritius
Holly smokes it's been ages since I made a thread, but here it goes

I was reading this week chatpter and something caught my attention



Is that Rob Lucci with a bottle of Jack Daniels? and if it its, nothing good can come out of that
Well, it could fit:



But as we know: Lucci and the former CP9 stayed somewhere in Paradise to raise the next generation of fighters for justice. I don't know how it would fit that Lucci now appears in the New World as broker.
 

Zoronoa Roro

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
13
Gender
Hidden
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
luci and old cp9 are betrayed by the WG and as they were they fits perfectly with revolutionaries. specialy becouse they views were always "or, or" and RA doing the spy buisiness needs people like them so CP 9 could act as a brokers for RA...
 
Last edited:

cearon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
384
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
The way I look at it, Doflamingo was someone that first brought up the term Justice after the CO9, so I think Oda was alluding that they have similar viewing points, though not as ruthless, I think Doflamingo hides his action under Justice. "Justice will prevail" is a term they both used I think. Not completely similar, but I think it is fair to say that it unites them a bit, unlike other villains that do not have that much in common.
this is the whole quote.

Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

lucci and DD is as different on their views of justice as day and night.

well to the topic at hand. that could be lucci but there was many chars. that wore the same type of hat. for example WB 5th divison captain Vista. resemblence is there. though will WB remnants use a wepon of mass destruction is another issue.
there was also the laffitte from BB.the hair is a little different but that could be the shadowing.
or could be that mafia boss like supernova forgot his name.
though could simply be some1 we know that just bought a hat or some1 new :)

though every1 seems to think old enemies will resurface but i am not sure we will see some of them. my bet for now is crocodile, buggy(i know right even i cant believe i wrote his name), spandam (he hold grudges that man), and bonney (she does have a bone to pick with zoro and lufy) oda drew her when he draw other supernovas so it could be something.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Well, CP9 might really appear in the plot at some point, especially since Oda normally gets old characters back in plot like he did with Buggy, Croc and Mr.1, so I do believe they might come back.
The question is when and under what sicumstances. I doubt they will become pirates. It's against their sense of justice. I believe they might have become a group of mercenaries or either they might have joined Revolutionary Army as someone said.:)

Still there are two possibilities. Going by the silouette it might be either Lucci or Laffite.:)
 

UnknownMugiwara

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
304
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
What if they are with Aokiji ! :gwah
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Well, it might be like this...
I believe Ao Kiji might have joined Revolutionary Army, so if CP9 joined him, then they would be in RA as well.

Though they might be an independant group of mercenaries in New World.:)
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well, it might be like this...
I believe Ao Kiji might have joined Revolutionary Army, so if CP9 joined him, then they would be in RA as well.

Though they might be an independant group of mercenaries in New World.:)
Makes even less sense then being pirates imo, especially since the WG was holy for the CP9. They also were not betrayed by the WG but by Spandam, little but important difference. I think they are bounty hunters along with Kuzan.
 
Top