The return of the...Baka?!? XDD

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Ohh, I see. :XD Well I'm half Canto and half Shango. Canto from my dad's side and Shango from my mum's side. I'm most fluent in Canto, since we speak it at home, but I understand most of Shango, but I don't speak it. :XD I picked up Mando from studying it at high school and the random dramas my parents watch. :oh

Haha, yep! You're from Sydney, right? I'm from Melbourne. Pshh, one in the morning isn't late at all, for the weekend. :XD
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Heya Phio_chan, nice to meet you too. :D
And thanks for replying here~

I learnt Chinese mainly by immersion, as in, from my parents speaking it. However, my reading and writing skills only really started developing in the last 2-3 years where I picked up Chinese as a subject in High School and started learning seriously. And then I decided to put my reading skills to work and started to work on the pure text light novel translations, because I could use electronic dictionaries for them and because they were in simplified chinese.

Recently, I moved to manga because it takes less time and because I've become able to recognise the links between simplified and traditional Chinese, and can sorta read it now.

Oops...hope that didn't bore ya. :XD
You are welcome, and just call me phio. ^__^

Nope, it didn't bore me at all! That is so interesting. I really need to learn from you guys. You all learn so much from self-teaching, something very hard for me to do. I wonder why. So how did you "survive" through all those times, not losing motivation? :)
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Lord, Icei, when do you plan to go to sleep? :rofl <-- lol why does rofl come out as this?

And yay for random chinese dramas; my parents already watched enough of those, and then they discovered youtube...ZOMG, it's all they do now...By the way, they're always watching 非诚勿扰; (dating show) dunno if your parents watch it. It's the number 1 viewed show in China, supposed to be very funny, but I can't get half of it.

@ Phio: I don't think we (Icei?) aren't actually self taught, we just have everyone around us using the language in question.

But if you're finding it hard to motivate yourself, find other ways: What I did was make big, (but not impossible) promises to readers that were awaiting TLs, and then push myself really hard to reach that goal of my promised deadline. If I reached it, then great. If I didn't I'd get berated by ungreatful readers (which is actually a good thing) and then I'd push myself to do more, learn more, and finish as soon as possible.

And there's a TL'er in training section here, you Mangahelpers looks like the best place to develope your language skills (if it's in japanese especially so) and there are tons of people ready to help you.

Or was this self learning referring to something else other than languages? :XD
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

@ Phio: I don't think we (Icei?) aren't actually self taught, we just have everyone around us using the language in question.

But if you're finding it hard to motivate yourself, find other ways: What I did was make big, (but not impossible) promises to readers that were awaiting TLs, and then push myself really hard to reach that goal of my promised deadline. If I reached it, then great. If I didn't I'd get berated by ungreatful readers (which is actually a good thing) and then I'd push myself to do more, learn more, and finish as soon as possible.

And there's a TL'er in training section here, you Mangahelpers looks like the best place to develope your language skills (if it's in japanese especially so) and there are tons of people ready to help you.

Or was this self learning referring to something else other than languages? :XD
But you tried to use what you've known so far by translating something. For me it includes self-teaching, as you want to improve yourself. :)

LOL~ Actually, yes, the self-teaching I meant was not about language. But generally, it's similar to studying language. I actually want to study Japanese myself as well, but often confused where and how to start. I did learn some on high school, but I don't think it's adequate... Plus I can only do so in my free time, which I often don't have when college's most hectic moments come around. But thanks for the suggestion! So I need to decide on a goal, eh? *think*think*
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Lord, Icei, when do you plan to go to sleep? :rofl <-- lol why does rofl come out as this?

And yay for random chinese dramas; my parents already watched enough of those, and then they discovered youtube...ZOMG, it's all they do now...By the way, they're always watching 非诚勿扰; (dating show) dunno if your parents watch it. It's the number 1 viewed show in China, supposed to be very funny, but I can't get half of it.
Eh... 2AM or so... :oh And maybe because it's hitting the floor...? Where's the rolling, I wonder? :blink

Haha yeah, they have DVDs all over the place. I thought that was bad, but then they got Chinese TV... Hmm, I think that's the dating show my mum always watches. :XD Haha, I sometimes just watch bits and pieces of it, but then I get bored and go back to my computer.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

*Looks at the Handwriting thread*

You know, we have a thread just for the manga collection pics. :XD Here.
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

2? Ah, well, when you were like

Pshh, one in the morning isn't late at all
I was under the impression you frequently slept at like 3 or later :XD


You know, we have a thread just for the manga collection pics. Here.
Oh... no thanks.:XD Just that Akiyama mentioned a manga collection he would want to donate to a library, and I decided to take a look at my excessive collection...

I don't really want to go compare the size of my collection, I know it'll be dwarfed by many, and I'm not exactly proud of having that much crap that I'll probably never bother to reread again >.>

Maybe I should donate those too? lol.

Oh, and before this thread goes of and dies again, is there anything anyone wants to know about me, etc?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Oh come on, I meant like... one is early in comparison to say... 1:30. :oh

Bwahaha, I see. :XD Yeaah... when I saw the extensive collections of other people, I nearly fainted...

I'm really heartbroken to hear that Borders is closing all their stores. :bored It's one of my main stores for buying manga. :bored Either that, or some cons, or that other random privately owned bookstore a few suburbs over. :darn

I envy you for having Kinokuniya. :notrust

Oh yeah, I was thinking of donating some of my manga to my school library... They have a 'manga section' with just a few volumes of Fruits Basket and some manga I didn't even know existed. :oh
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Yeah, borders was great. Since they were closing down, I raided their place the other day for the 80% off on books, and bought half the beserk series...T_T Such a waste.

Oh well, most of the money I spend are book vounchers I get from school.

Kino's good, but not that great. As in, they're seriously well stocked but overpriced. Like, a volume of Haruhi or whatever will cost a full 20 bucks. Online prices are a fraction, and with the Aussie dollar so strong against the American...>.>

You're parents don't let you buy from Amazon?

Mine don't, they hate giving out credit card numbers in such an 'insecure fashion.'

Lol, my school has manga too. But they're mostly disjointed volumes of Naruto or Bleach. And I think I saw some yaoi in there. (That's probably the librarian's fault because we're an all boys school...):XD

Buuut I guess it's good to support the mangaka.
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Yeah, borders was great. Since they were closing down, I raided their place the other day for the 80% off on books, and bought half the beserk series...T_T Such a waste.
Ahh same... Though I went there when they had 30% off, then back again when it was 50% off, and for the final time when it was 70% off. T_T There wasn't really much left when I went back for the 2nd and 3rd times, but I guess it wouldn't be as worth it if I bought a lot the first time I went. :oh

Oh well, most of the money I spend are book vounchers I get from school.
You get book vouchers from school? o3o

Kino's good, but not that great. As in, they're seriously well stocked but overpriced. Like, a volume of Haruhi or whatever will cost a full 20 bucks. Online prices are a fraction, and with the Aussie dollar so strong against the American...>.>
Better than Borders. :oh Ahh, when I went, they had a sale~ I think it was something like 3 for the price of 2... Psh, stuff from Del Ray is always freaking expensive... Fairy Tail costs $25. >_>

You're parents don't let you buy from Amazon?

Mine don't, they hate giving out credit card numbers in such an 'insecure fashion.'
Veeery rarely... And yep, what you said. :oh

Lol, my school has manga too. But they're mostly disjointed volumes of Naruto or Bleach. And I think I saw some yaoi in there. (That's probably the librarian's fault because we're an all boys school...):XD
Haha, better than my school. :XD Lol, if there was a yaoi manga at my school, I bet it would be on loan 24/7... (All girls school. :XD)
Eugh, it really sucks, since our brother school has an awesome manga collection. :crying Actually, it's quite funny since they have about 6 copies of Twilight, and they even have life-sized cut-outs of the characters from the movie... :oh

Buuut I guess it's good to support the mangaka.
Yep!! :nod
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Ahh same... Though I went there when they had 30% off, then back again when it was 50% off, and for the final time when it was 70% off. T_T There wasn't really much left when I went back for the 2nd and 3rd times, but I guess it wouldn't be as worth it if I bought a lot the first time I went. :oh
Beserk isn't a very popular series compared to the big shonen titles like Naruto and Stuff, so it was still left around near the end.

You get book vouchers from school? o3op
I have to try and win them every year by doing well in my subjects or winning in-school competitions (Eg Library, or Writing or Trivia comp.)

Better than Borders. :oh Ahh, when I went, they had a sale~ I think it was something like 3 for the price of 2... Psh, stuff from Del Ray is always freaking expensive... Fairy Tail costs $25. >_>
Hooly cow...Really? I thought I was being overcharged!:XD

Oh, but there's a store called Basement books in Sydney, they buy all the books that sell less than was anticipated, and become a sort of super cheap dump site for unpopular manga, and everything in there goes for like 5 bucks. But recently they haven't stocked any new stuff.


Haha, better than my school. :XD Lol, if there was a yaoi manga at my school, I bet it would be on loan 24/7... (All girls school. :XD)
Eugh, it really sucks, since our brother school has an awesome manga collection. :crying Actually, it's quite funny since they have about 6 copies of Twilight, and they even have life-sized cut-outs of the characters from the movie... :oh

Yep!! :nod
...Cut outs...? seriously? :lmao
We have twilight too, but only one set, and most guys at my school read them so they have a good topic of conversation with the girls at the sister school...(I'm not one of them, BTW :XD)

We have an extensive Asterix collection though, and somehow it's larger than my old primary school...what the hell...
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Beserk isn't a very popular series compared to the big shonen titles like Naruto and Stuff, so it was still left around near the end.
Yep, I know. :XD I think there were a few Beserk volumes when I went back to Borders for the 3rd time...

I have to try and win them every year by doing well in my subjects or winning in-school competitions (Eg Library, or Writing or Trivia comp.)
Ohh, nice! Are the vouchers good? 30% or more off, maybe? :nod

Hooly cow...Really? I thought I was being overcharged!:XD

Oh, but there's a store called Basement books in Sydney, they buy all the books that sell less than was anticipated, and become a sort of super cheap dump site for unpopular manga, and everything in there goes for like 5 bucks. But recently they haven't stocked any new stuff.
Haha, yeah... Stuff from Viz usually sells for about $15-$17 at Borders... At Kino, it was about $9-$11. :XD I'm really happy that I found a bookstore that sells manga at the price Madman sells it for... Though at cons, they sell them for $10 each... But if you include the $25 entrance fee... Eugh.

...Cut outs...? seriously? :lmao
We have twilight too, but only one set, and most guys at my school read them so they have a good topic of conversation with the girls at the sister school...(I'm not one of them, BTW :XD)
Yes, seriously. :fail They haven't changed the cut-outs for about 8 months now... :oh They even have a Harry Potter one too.
Hahaha, well do most of the conversations lead to how bad it is, etc? :XD And good, good. I only read about half of the first book and gave up...

We have an extensive Asterix collection though, and somehow it's larger than my old primary school...what the hell...
That's... somewhat messed up. :blink
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

...$10? We talking about the same Kinokuniya here?:XD

Kino doesn't sell at such cheap prices anymore, only Chinese and Jap raws go for about 7 bucks each.

Viz translations are the same as Border, around 15-17.


As for them vouchers...they're those ones that replace money, like $50 voucher or $100 dollar voucher...:vbunny I also have a Kino membership card, which gives me 10%off every time...:darn Damn I buy way to much.

I've never been to a con, even though there have been heaps in the city. The closest I've ever been to a live anime/manga event was the Cinema airing of Rebuild of Eva 2.0, where the English and Jap sieyu for Asuka came along...:D

Twilight...I thought most girls really liked the series so the guys just read it and went along with whatever the girls thought :amuse And that sorta works as a springboard for them to, dunno, talk more?

Also, since I did the gothic Genre (Specifially the literary aspects of Vampires - Dracula) for english last year, our teacher actually went out of her way to pick up the series and critique it, and talk about all the problems of the series and how meaningless it was to actually have a Cullen as a Vampire. :XD It was hilarious, she was calling it a soppy romance did not hinge upon Cullen's vampirism at all, and could have been easily replaced with a bad boy with a tendecy for drugs.

She was also telling us how she'd fail us all if we even dared to analyse that for an essay...I think there was still someone who did it for the sake of it:p
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

...$10? We talking about the same Kinokuniya here?:XD

Kino doesn't sell at such cheap prices anymore, only Chinese and Jap raws go for about 7 bucks each.

Viz translations are the same as Border, around 15-17.
Wha-wha...whaaaaaat?! :faint Noooooooooooooo!

This can't be happening. :bored

As for them vouchers...they're those ones that replace money, like $50 voucher or $100 dollar voucher...:vbunny I also have a Kino membership card, which gives me 10%off every time...:darn Damn I buy way to much.
Wooow, that's awesome!! :D Haha, I wish we had those vouchers at my school... Then I'd actually have motivation to do well and buy more manga. :XD Oho, nice! I have a VIP card for Sunstar... I went on a $170 spending splurge one time and got the card. :XD Now every time a friend wants to buy something K-pop or Asian dramas or whatnot, they ask to borrow my card. :XD

Speaking of Sunstar, when I went to Sydney, I discovered the Sunstar there, and I complained about how the prices at Sydney were a few dollars cheaper than the ones in Melbourne... When I was back in Melbourne and went to Sunstar, I noticed that the prices dropped a few dollars. :toc Heh, if they ever found out that I was the one who complained to the Sydney chain, I bet they would ban me forever. :lmao

I've never been to a con, even though there have been heaps in the city. The closest I've ever been to a live anime/manga event was the Cinema airing of Rebuild of Eva 2.0, where the English and Jap sieyu for Asuka came along...:D
Ah, well they're nothing special... Except for the relatively cheaper manga and the occasional good cosplayer. :D I swear, 99% of them suck. -_-; Ohh, wow! An actual Jap seiyu! We always get the dub voice actors... :oh

Twilight...I thought most girls really liked the series so the guys just read it and went along with whatever the girls thought :amuse And that sorta works as a springboard for them to, dunno, talk more?
Some do... As for the rest of us, we hate it with a passion. :oh Haha, I think people get along better if they have a similar hate rather than a similar passion... :XD

Also, since I did the gothic Genre (Specifially the literary aspects of Vampires - Dracula) for english last year, our teacher actually went out of her way to pick up the series and critique it, and talk about all the problems of the series and how meaningless it was to actually have a Cullen as a Vampire. :XD It was hilarious, she was calling it a soppy romance did not hinge upon Cullen's vampirism at all, and could have been easily replaced with a bad boy with a tendecy for drugs.

She was also telling us how she'd fail us all if we even dared to analyse that for an essay...I think there was still someone who did it for the sake of it:p
Oooh, wow!! :blink That sounds like a hell of an awesome teacher! I have a freaking scary English teacher this year... My friend has an awesome teacher though... ;A;
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Lol this place is turning into a private convo. Is there really nothing else anybody can even be bothered asking me about? :XD

---
Wha-wha...whaaaaaat?! :faint Noooooooooooooo!

This can't be happening. :bored
Lol so dramatic XD
But yeah, most stuff has gone up, dammit.

Wooow, that's awesome!! :D Haha, I wish we had those vouchers at my school... Then I'd actually have motivation to do well and buy more manga. :XD Oho, nice! I have a VIP card for Sunstar... I went on a $170 spending splurge one time and got the card. :XD Now every time a friend wants to buy something K-pop or Asian dramas or whatnot, they ask to borrow my card. :XD

Speaking of Sunstar, when I went to Sydney, I discovered the Sunstar there, and I complained about how the prices at Sydney were a few dollars cheaper than the ones in Melbourne... When I was back in Melbourne and went to Sunstar, I noticed that the prices dropped a few dollars. :toc Heh, if they ever found out that I was the one who complained to the Sydney chain, I bet they would ban me forever. :lmao
I...I never thought that the comments of a single consumer would actually make a difference...:D


Ah, well they're nothing special... Except for the relatively cheaper manga and the occasional good cosplayer. :D I swear, 99% of them suck. -_-; Ohh, wow! An actual Jap seiyu! We always get the dub voice actors... :oh
No, I don't suppose the maid cafe would be too interesting for girls...:XD
As for the Jap seiyu, she could only speak Jap, and the interpreter was pulling the translations outta...er, they were inaccurate according to my Jap friend.

Some do... As for the rest of us, we hate it with a passion. :oh Haha, I think people get along better if they have a similar hate rather than a similar passion... :XD
Good to hear, good to hear. I seriously cannot take the series.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, huh?

Oooh, wow!! :blink That sounds like a hell of an awesome teacher! I have a freaking scary English teacher this year... My friend has an awesome teacher though... ;A;
Yeah, that was last year. This year I have a teacher that even the other teachers in the English staffroom hate and leave out of the loop. And we suffer. :crying My english rank dropped nearly 100 places...:darn

Oh and by the way, my school started Anime film festival this week, goes on for 2 weeks and they play 2 anime movies over the course of the lunch breaks we have.

And we started with "The lost thing" and Porco Rosso. It's great.
 
Last edited:

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Lol this place is turning into a private convo. Is there really nothing else anybody can even be bothered asking me about? :XD
Well hey, at least it's a convo, not random spam posts here and there. :oh

Lol so dramatic XD
But yeah, most stuff has gone up, dammit.
First Borders is closing... now rising prices... daaaaammmnnn iiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!! :bored Well I guess bookstores don't do very well these days... It's a shame. :(

I...I never thought that the comments of a single consumer would actually make a difference...:D
Psh, whatever. :pwnge

No, I don't suppose the maid cafe would be too interesting for girls...:XD
As for the Jap seiyu, she could only speak Jap, and the interpreter was pulling the translations outta...er, they were inaccurate according to my Jap friend.
...There was a maid cafe? :oh
Heh, your Jap friend should've gone down there and translate instead. :lmao When Vic Mignogna came to the con I went to, my friend got a pic with him and he autographed her FMA volume. :XD There was a huge line, so I didn't bother and went bargain hunting instead. :D

Good to hear, good to hear. I seriously cannot take the series.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, huh?
Excellent~ And yep, seems so. :XD

Yeah, that was last year. This year I have a teacher that even the other teachers in the English staffroom hate and leave out of the loop. And we suffer. :crying My english rank dropped nearly 100 places...:darn
Wooow... that seriously sucks... :comfort Haha, you guys even know about what goes on between the teachers?
Whoa, your school has rankings? :blink Haha, I thought Australian schools don't have student rankings and that it was only in Asia. :XD

Oh and by the way, my school started Anime film festival this week, goes on for 2 weeks and they play 2 anime movies over the course of the lunch breaks we have.

And we started with "The lost thing" and Porco Rosso. It's great.
Ohh, that's awesome! My school has an anime club and they air an episode each week... Last year, they had Ouran High School Host Club. When they finished, they wanted to show FMA Brotherhood, and I thought that they were idiots. They barely fit in 24 episodes in the whole year, and showing FMA would have been hell... In the end they decided on Durarara!! for this year, and I reallllly wanna go watch it (DRRR is my fave anime) but the club's run by my mortal enemies, so I don't dare. :notrust

Oh by the way, have you been watching Masterchef or the Amazing Race lately? :D Or do you study too much to watch it? :XD
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Well hey, at least it's a convo, not random spam posts here and there. :oh
Ah, yes, I went to lurk at everyone elses threads, but they seem to be primarily emotes, so I didn't bother...:XD

First Borders is closing... now rising prices... daaaaammmnnn iiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!! :bored Well I guess bookstores don't do very well these days... It's a shame. :(
Blame the ipaaaddd...and Kindle lol.

I personally don't read much hard copy books either.

...There was a maid cafe? :oh
Heh, your Jap friend should've gone down there and translate instead. :lmao When Vic Mignogna came to the con I went to, my friend got a pic with him and he autographed her FMA volume. :XD There was a huge line, so I didn't bother and went bargain hunting instead. :D
There usually are, especially at SMASH and ANIMANGA...I haven't been, as I said before...
But on that weekend we had soccer and we had to travel thru the city, and whole streets were closed off for this parade of otakus....
Soo many dudes cosplaying, but I recognised none of the characters. I think they were all cosplaying as guys from Shoujo manga's their girlfriends talked them into dress as...:XD

Lol nice...maybe I'll go to a con after HSC...

And the other day, I just saw some dude carrying Leon's Gunblade. It was so random.:rofl

Wooow... that seriously sucks... :comfort Haha, you guys even know about what goes on between the teachers?
Whoa, your school has rankings? :blink Haha, I thought Australian schools don't have student rankings and that it was only in Asia. :XD
Well, lots of things happen to make us all think the rest of the staff hate him; giving him the assessment notifications really late or not even telling him what they're about is one thing that is glaringly obvious.

And also, when he had too many extra handouts he popped into my friends class and asked their teacher if they might want to use it. As soon as he left, my friend's teacher started critisising the problems with the handout and told them to all throw it out...>.>

I kinda feel sorry for him, but he's just so incompetent. I think he even told us that his dog likes playing with strangers better than playing with him.

As for the rankings, we don't have those until year 11 and 12, because our uni entrance test scores or ATAR (or whatever they're called in Vic) are partially based on school rankings, and we have a right to know them. But these rankings aren't publicly published, that's just slack.

Although, the best highest ranked school the state (James Ruse) does have them ranked, the pressure must be enormous for them.
Ohh, that's awesome! My school has an anime club and they air an episode each week... Last year, they had Ouran High School Host Club. When they finished, they wanted to show FMA Brotherhood, and I thought that they were idiots. They barely fit in 24 episodes in the whole year, and showing FMA would have been hell... In the end they decided on Durarara!! for this year, and I reallllly wanna go watch it (DRRR is my fave anime) but the club's run by my mortal enemies, so I don't dare. :notrust
...You have CLUBS? Waaat? The only clubs I've seen are...sports teams...I want an anime cluuub! :crying So jelly.:XD

And you have mortal enemies, Icei?

I don't understand how girl's social groups work but us guys are all chummy and all to each other as long as we're getting something out of the *friendship*...and I don't think the people in our school fight often. Strange, really.

Oh by the way, have you been watching Masterchef or the Amazing Race lately? :D Or do you study too much to watch it? :XD
I can't watch masterchef anymore, coaching cuts through it. (Yes, my Chem bliddy goes 6:30-8:30)
And I don't think I watch amazing race much at all.

What I do watch however, is Man Vs Wild. Damn, that show is soo cool...and freaky.:XD

Also, we have a channel that occasionally has anime on air past midnight, like Gundam 00 and Gurren Lagann!

U studying hard?

...
:blink This is one long post...:XD
 
Last edited:

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Ah, yes, I went to lurk at everyone elses threads, but they seem to be primarily emotes, so I didn't bother...:XD
I think it was in Impy's thread, but all Xad and scav posted were the :lmao emotes in single posts... When I saw that, I suddenly realized why Impy's thread had such a high number of posts in it...

Blame the ipaaaddd...and Kindle lol.

I personally don't read much hard copy books either.
*Stares at the Kindle next to me, which I hardly use.* I got a Kindle as a present sometime last year, but I have yet to use it... The only hard copy books I read these days are just manga... :darn Oh yeah, and also the books we have to read for English.

There usually are, especially at SMASH and ANIMANGA...I haven't been, as I said before...
But on that weekend we had soccer and we had to travel thru the city, and whole streets were closed off for this parade of otakus....
Soo many dudes cosplaying, but I recognised none of the characters. I think they were all cosplaying as guys from Shoujo manga's their girlfriends talked them into dress as...:XD

Lol nice...maybe I'll go to a con after HSC...

And the other day, I just saw some dude carrying Leon's Gunblade. It was so random.:rofl
Ohh, ok... Well I don't think there has ever been one at the Supernova and Armageddon cons I've been to. :XD
Whoaa, the streets were closed off? :blink That's hardcore. :lmao Whenever I go to a con, the tram that goes to the location is usually packed with otakus. But that's basically it. No streets closed off. :XD
Haha, well from my cosplay sightseeing experience, 97% of the cosplayers are usually female... It's kinda sad, since the good cosplayers are usually male... or maybe that's just my opinion... Haha, there was an awesome Jack Sparrow cosplayer earlier this year! He almost looked like the real deal! His picture was even in a news article somewhere... Here!

Go, go, go!! Celebrate your freedom! :XD

And wow, just like... randomly walking down the street? Haha, whenever I see someone cosplay and there's no con on that I know of, I'm usually like, "Am I missing something...? :shifty"

Well, lots of things happen to make us all think the rest of the staff hate him; giving him the assessment notifications really late or not even telling him what they're about is one thing that is glaringly obvious.

And also, when he had too many extra handouts he popped into my friends class and asked their teacher if they might want to use it. As soon as he left, my friend's teacher started critisising the problems with the handout and told them to all throw it out...>.>

I kinda feel sorry for him, but he's just so incompetent. I think he even told us that his dog likes playing with strangers better than playing with him.
Aww, you gotta feel sorry for him... :( Is he a new teacher this year? And if your rank has dropped, have your parents suggested English tuition? :XD

As for the rankings, we don't have those until year 11 and 12, because our uni entrance test scores or ATAR (or whatever they're called in Vic) are partially based on school rankings, and we have a right to know them. But these rankings aren't publicly published, that's just slack.

Although, the best highest ranked school the state (James Ruse) does have them ranked, the pressure must be enormous for them.
Ohh, I see... I don't think they've even told us about the existence of these rankings here. :XD (And yep, it's ATAR here as well.)

Argh, the ranking of my school has dropped quite a bit in the past few years... Some say it's because of the principal... But I dunno...

Haha, I got into the highest ranked girls school in Vic from the scholarship tests you could take in year 8. I didn't go in the end and stayed in the school I'm in now. :XD I'm kinda glad, since I don't think I'd do well under that kind of pressure. :darn

...You have CLUBS? Waaat? The only clubs I've seen are...sports teams...I want an anime cluuub! :crying So jelly.:XD
Yep. :nod We even have a Glee club where we just watch Glee episodes every week. :XD Ah, there's even a bug club... Dunno about the attendance there though. >_> Glee club is always packed~

And you have mortal enemies, Icei?

I don't understand how girl's social groups work but us guys are all chummy and all to each other as long as we're getting something out of the *friendship*...and I don't think the people in our school fight often. Strange, really.
Well the thing is, when I was still with my bf, I didn't like them because they were chummy with him. But now that I've broken up with him, they hate me because I'm his ex. (Actually, I think they've always hated me, so meh.) And now I dislike them for disliking me. :oh

Aahh, yeahh... the friendships between girls are so confusing... two of my friends really hate each other, but they act like best friends. :oh

I can't watch masterchef anymore, coaching cuts through it. (Yes, my Chem bliddy goes 6:30-8:30)
And I don't think I watch amazing race much at all.

What I do watch however, is Man Vs Wild. Damn, that show is soo cool...and freaky.:XD

Also, we have a channel that occasionally has anime on air past midnight, like Gundam 00 and Gurren Lagann!

U studying hard?

...
:blink This is one long post...:XD
Ahh, that sucks. :darn 2 hours is freaking hardcore! I applaud you! :clap2

Haha, I don't watch Man Vs. Wild... Maybe I should one day. :XD

Ooh, channel 31? I can never watch it since my mum always hogs the tv with her Chinese channels at that time...

Erm, no... but I should, since I have exams this week. :darn I have a chemistry exam tomorrow... >_>

Haha, wall of text! :p
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Hm. Looks Late. Just wishin you good luck in your chem tomoz.

I'll reply fully later. :XD

Oh, you graduating this year, or next?

---------- Post added June 07, 2011 at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was June 06, 2011 at 11:52 PM ----------

I think it was in Impy's thread, but all Xad and scav posted were the :lmao emotes in single posts... When I saw that, I suddenly realized why Impy's thread had such a high number of posts in it...
Hey, the higher the post count, the higher...er...>.>

*Stares at the Kindle next to me, which I hardly use.* I got a Kindle as a present sometime last year, but I have yet to use it... The only hard copy books I read these days are just manga... :darn Oh yeah, and also the books we have to read for English.
...Soo jealous! I'm can't get a kindle this year, otherwise I'll totally fail my ATAR, because I'm also pretty geeky and into SF and fantasy books...I'l never do any work buried in all this stuff :rofl

And yeah its the same for me now, I never read anything other than the crap the schools force us to read.

Ohh, ok... Well I don't think there has ever been one at the Supernova and Armageddon cons I've been to. :XD
Whoaa, the streets were closed off? :blink That's hardcore. :lmao Whenever I go to a con, the tram that goes to the location is usually packed with otakus. But that's basically it. No streets closed off. :XD
Haha, well from my cosplay sightseeing experience, 97% of the cosplayers are usually female... It's kinda sad, since the good cosplayers are usually male... or maybe that's just my opinion... Haha, there was an awesome Jack Sparrow cosplayer earlier this year! He almost looked like the real deal! His picture was even in a news article somewhere... Here!

Go, go, go!! Celebrate your freedom! :XD

And wow, just like... randomly walking down the street? Haha, whenever I see someone cosplay and there's no con on that I know of, I'm usually like, "Am I missing something...? :shifty"
Think it was Smash, the Con took up quite a bit of space, with some cosplay parades of shoujo chara's and maybe one or two Akatsuki's in the crowd.

And :XD that jack looks soo proo!

As for thinking guys are the best cosplayers, I thinks it's probably because you're a girl. :XD See, guys tend to think the maids look much cooler :hurr

Aww, you gotta feel sorry for him... :( Is he a new teacher this year? And if your rank has dropped, have your parents suggested English tuition? :XD
He ain't a new teacher, probably just has some issues. I dunno. But we're suffering pretty badly.

And no, I don't go English tuition. <---Is too stubborn to go. :XD


Ohh, I see... I don't think they've even told us about the existence of these rankings here. :XD (And yep, it's ATAR here as well.)

Argh, the ranking of my school has dropped quite a bit in the past few years... Some say it's because of the principal... But I dunno...

Haha, I got into the highest ranked girls school in Vic from the scholarship tests you could take in year 8. I didn't go in the end and stayed in the school I'm in now. :XD I'm kinda glad, since I don't think I'd do well under that kind of pressure. :darn
Lol Didn't you know, ATAR is a ranking based score, with every 0.05 of and ATAR being 60 people. And only the to 40ish get 99.95

Also, my parents expect me to get 99+ :crying

Yeah, moving schools in year 8 is pretty hard, you have to force your way into the social circles espcially if you're a girl. I thinks guys have it a little better in that regard. Also, many people at the nerdiest school are only good at studying and aren't very good at being an all rounded person in terms of socialisng and sports, etc.

Yep. :nod We even have a Glee club where we just watch Glee episodes every week. :XD Ah, there's even a bug club... Dunno about the attendance there though. >_> Glee club is always packed~
You a gleek? :XD

Again, our school doesn't have any literay 'clubs' being a boy school and all, we just have tons of sport teams. You name it, we've probably got it and we've our principle Imports nationals players to our school, so we've probably won some of the sports as well (Except rugby and rowing, we get our asses kicked.)

Well the thing is, when I was still with my bf, I didn't like them because they were chummy with him. But now that I've broken up with him, they hate me because I'm his ex. (Actually, I think they've always hated me, so meh.) And now I dislike them for disliking me. :oh

Aahh, yeahh... the friendships between girls are so confusing... two of my friends really hate each other, but they act like best friends. :oh
Parents don't want me having a girlfriend, think I'll get even more distracted...>.> (Well, I will, but...)

Ahh, that sucks. :darn 2 hours is freaking hardcore! I applaud you! :clap2
FYI, Math goes for 3 hours. :crying

Haha, I don't watch Man Vs. Wild... Maybe I should one day. :XD

Ooh, channel 31? I can never watch it since my mum always hogs the tv with her Chinese channels at that time...
Man vs Wild is pretty cool, just sometimes he does some really disgusting stuff, like eat bugs raw, and drink his own distilled piss.. (which is actually amazingly clean...:barf) and also brew tea with some weird hamsterlike-animal droppings...

Erm, no... but I should, since I have exams this week. :darn I have a chemistry exam tomorrow... >_>

Haha, wall of text! :p
Hm, what other subjects you do?
I do English, Math, Chem and Chinese.


Holy...[Insert exclamation here] This thing is getting really long now...
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Hm. Looks Late. Just wishin you good luck in your chem tomoz.

I'll reply fully later. :XD

Oh, you graduating this year, or next?
Haha, thanks for the wish! The exam was actually quite easy~ :p

I'm graduating next year. :XD

Hey, the higher the post count, the higher...er...>.>
Seems like it... *Looks at gb and BBBro's threads* >_>

...Soo jealous! I'm can't get a kindle this year, otherwise I'll totally fail my ATAR, because I'm also pretty geeky and into SF and fantasy books...I'l never do any work buried in all this stuff :rofl

And yeah its the same for me now, I never read anything other than the crap the schools force us to read.
Haha, it's not thaaaaat amazing! :XD You still have to actually buy the books, and you still read it with words on a flat surface... o.O

Ahh, which books do you have to read this year? Here, we have to read Alice Pung's 'Unpolished Gem', Tim Winton's 'Minimum of Two' and also 'Macbeth' next semester. >_>

Think it was Smash, the Con took up quite a bit of space, with some cosplay parades of shoujo chara's and maybe one or two Akatsuki's in the crowd.

And :XD that jack looks soo proo!

As for thinking guys are the best cosplayers, I thinks it's probably because you're a girl. :XD See, guys tend to think the maids look much cooler :hurr
Ooo wow... I think it was 2 years ago, but there was this whole crowd who dressed up as everyone from the Gotei 13 in Bleach. :XD No one was missing, which was totally amazing. :o

Yeah, the Jack was awesome! :XD I got a pic with him too. :nod

and yeaaah... I think that's about right. :oh There were these awesome L and Light cosplayers who were chained together. :hurr

He ain't a new teacher, probably just has some issues. I dunno. But we're suffering pretty badly.

And no, I don't go English tuition. <---Is too stubborn to go. :XD
Ahh, I see... :darn Well even though my teacher this year is evil, I gotta admit, she's a pretty good teacher...
You can do it!! :cheerbunny

Haha, same here. :XD My English grades have been dropping a bit, but I don't wanna go to tuition. :darn

Lol Didn't you know, ATAR is a ranking based score, with every 0.05 of and ATAR being 60 people. And only the to 40ish get 99.95

Also, my parents expect me to get 99+ :crying

Yeah, moving schools in year 8 is pretty hard, you have to force your way into the social circles espcially if you're a girl. I thinks guys have it a little better in that regard. Also, many people at the nerdiest school are only good at studying and aren't very good at being an all rounded person in terms of socialisng and sports, etc.
Ohh, well now I know. :XD

Ah well... that's Asian parents for you. :oh

Mm, good points you have there. :XD Yeah, you just start to settle in year 7 and 8, and if you're forced to move again, it's pretty hard... :darn I mean, it was hard enough to move from the countryside to the city. >_>

You a gleek? :XD

Again, our school doesn't have any literay 'clubs' being a boy school and all, we just have tons of sport teams. You name it, we've probably got it and we've our principle Imports nationals players to our school, so we've probably won some of the sports as well (Except rugby and rowing, we get our asses kicked.)
More or less. :XD

Yeah, we have quite a few sports teams as well, but not as much as a boys school, of course. :XD All our 'clubs' are usually quite lame... Just sitting around watching an episode of something... :oh
And wow! national players! O_O We just have exchange students... and they hardly participate in extracurricular activities anyway.

Parents don't want me having a girlfriend, think I'll get even more distracted...>.> (Well, I will, but...)
Well my parents didn't know about him... Sooo... :oh

FYI, Math goes for 3 hours. :crying
Man, that's harsh. :comfort

Man vs Wild is pretty cool, just sometimes he does some really disgusting stuff, like eat bugs raw, and drink his own distilled piss.. (which is actually amazingly clean...:barf) and also brew tea with some weird hamsterlike-animal droppings...
...Ok, nevermind... Not gonna watch it...

Hm, what other subjects you do?
I do English, Math, Chem and Chinese.


Holy...[Insert exclamation here] This thing is getting really long now...
I'm doing English, Chinese, Chem, Physics, Specialist maths and yr 12 maths. :darn

Haha, I think I just cut down on the walls of text... Somewhat... :XD
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Kami no Procrastinator

Haha, thanks for the wish! The exam was actually quite easy~ :p

I'm graduating next year. :XD
Ah, nice. Asian blood pays off with the sciences, huh?:XD

Oh, next year huh? Well, not so much pressure, enjoy it while you can...Year 12 is a huge explosion of mess...

Haha, it's not thaaaaat amazing! :XD You still have to actually buy the books, and you still read it with words on a flat surface... o.O
I thought you could load any pdfs you had onto it, and I have quite a few Light Novel Pdfs...also, I happen to have some other pdfs of questionable source, ready to load onto this Kindle I will soon be getting...:XD
Ahh, which books do you have to read this year? Here, we have to read Alice Pung's 'Unpolished Gem', Tim Winton's 'Minimum of Two' and also 'Macbeth' next semester. >_>
I'm in year 12, and your reading is very differnt to mine, even compared to my year 11 list.
Yr. 11: Othello (Begone, Green Monster!) Of Mice and Men + American Dream, and some crappy poetry...and Dracula, + other gothic texts.
Yr. 12: Orwell's essays, Frakenstein/Bladerunner, Julius Caesar, And Emily Dickinson's poetry, and for the Extension English: Some SciFi stuff like Brave New World and 2001.

Ooo wow... I think it was 2 years ago, but there was this whole crowd who dressed up as everyone from the Gotei 13 in Bleach. :XD No one was missing, which was totally amazing. :o

Yeah, the Jack was awesome! :XD I got a pic with him too. :nod

and yeaaah... I think that's about right. :oh There were these awesome L and Light cosplayers who were chained together. :hurr
...! I wanna see that Bleach Gotei 13!!!

Ahh, I see... :darn Well even though my teacher this year is evil, I gotta admit, she's a pretty good teacher...
You can do it!! :cheerbunny
Grudging respect, huh?
:rofl Thanks =)

Ohh, well now I know. :XD

Ah well... that's Asian parents for you. :oh

Mm, good points you have there. :XD Yeah, you just start to settle in year 7 and 8, and if you're forced to move again, it's pretty hard... :darn I mean, it was hard enough to move from the countryside to the city. >_>
You're a country bumpkin Icei? :XD From outskirts of Vic to Melb?

Yeah, we have quite a few sports teams as well, but not as much as a boys school, of course. :XD All our 'clubs' are usually quite lame... Just sitting around watching an episode of something... :oh
And wow! national players! O_O We just have exchange students... and they hardly participate in extracurricular activities anyway.
Well, our school wants to win sooo, recruit the best players! (BTW I'm not on any of the good teams, almost always on like the F team or some crap like that :XD)


...Ok, nevermind... Not gonna watch it...
No, no, no, please do, he may do some weird stuff, but most of the survival stuff is really, really cool....


I'm doing English, Chinese, Chem, Physics, Specialist maths and yr 12 maths. :darn

Haha, I think I just cut down on the walls of text... Somewhat... :XD
*dreaming* If only I could drop English...
 
Top