Feedback - The search seriously needs improvement! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback The search seriously needs improvement!

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This has to have been posted somewhere. But not like I can use the search function to find it!!

Has anyone else had trouble with the forum search?
Try searching for old translations as an example. Type one piece 412. You'll get everything BUT the old translation thread. Xophien's brigade? Pinoy hangout thread? What the heck!?

Or am I just using search wrong??

(and this has to be known, but it's impossible to search for japanese strings using the current engine)

We need an upgrade in this department, for real...

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Yeah, we definitely need improvements for the search engine, it's hard to find anything right now >.<

the best I could come up with for the search you mentioned is
search for:
"one piece" in "Thread Titles Only" sort by "Thread Start Time" in "descending order" and search only in "English Translations" of the Translation Vault...

it's a hassle to do it like this, but it'll at least give easier to digest results than searching for "one piece 412" >.<

We'll take a look into improving the search engine,
thanks for the note =)

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I'd say it's one of the minus when we moved to vB from SMF. SMF had a great search function, while on vB, somewhat the searches always go too broad.

Although, yes, that's not an excuse. As ttx said, we'll look into this and hopefully we can come up with something better.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well, prefixes help us with this, especially in R/T/S Archives and sometimes other sections. Translators could try prefixing their stuff.

I find VB's search function helpful when finding a key word that I remember within a specific thread, but as for finding threads within the boards, yes, it's very nearly useless.