The Shadow-Skill thread

DarkCloudInc

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
- Ane-Doki, which I'm sad to see go.
- Change123
- Bamboo Blade both series
- Domina No Do [which I'm surprised you're willing to take on such a project]
- Teppu
- Onidere

You're quite the busy person.
 
Last edited:

shadow-skill

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Funny thing, out of the 6 series you have up there, I'm currently only doing one: Teppu. Ane-doki ended, Change123 got BORING!! The original bamboo blade was taken from me (not that I mind), the 2nd is taking 2 long 2 develop so I dropped it 2 free up some time 4 other manga/anime. The 6th chptr of Domina no Do was extremely sickening, and the rest simply got worse
Guys giving head 2 dildos, then water sports... YUCK!!! no thank you!!!!
although I wanted 2 continue doing Onidere, some1 else did like 5 in a week... yeah, I don't have that kind of time. But with those 5 out of the way, I have time (not always) to do other manga/anime.
 

DarkCloudInc

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
I agree on your point about Bamboo Blade B as it seemed to introduce so many characters that doesn't really stand out or draw the reader to have any interest in them.

Oh and Domina no Do, that is just mud sliding further down a crap shoot with little sign of it slowing down or plateauing.

Yeah, I remember that other group pumping out the scans with the change being very noticeable in terms of style of the scans. Quite surprised though that someone would take that project as it's not really that big enough for people to want to steal.

How many projects are you currently working on?
 

shadow-skill

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm working on 2 anime: Fairy Tail, and Omamori Himari. And 21 manga series. Most of which are monthly or neglected series. The most known ones are Beelzebub and Medaka box. My absolute favorite is one that's LONG (per chptr), but I can't help but do it: Shadow Skill! There are some more projects on the horizon, mostly manga and maybe 1 more anime. I'm trying to get through the things Spiritovod (where has he been!!?) got for me, but it's taking a lot longer than I imagined.

If your next question is why do so many? It's because I loose interest quickly. So far, only Beelzebub has been good enough to keep my interest for an extended period of time. There were plenty of times when I didn't want to do Ane-doki. I wasn't the first one who was doing Medaka box (Gomenasai was) and it would lull me to sleep. I dropped Change123 because it got foolish. It was already borderline with that weak male lead, and it fell to the stupid side at the end of vol.10. So I do a bunch of series to try and divert my attention so I don't focus on what's crappy about a specific manga.
Well, there are cases like Change123 but that's another story.
 

DarkCloudInc

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
I'm working on 2 anime: Fairy Tail, and Omamori Himari. And 21 manga series. Most of which are monthly or neglected series. The most known ones are Beelzebub and Medaka box. My absolute favorite is one that's LONG (per chptr), but I can't help but do it: Shadow Skill! There are some more projects on the horizon, mostly manga and maybe 1 more anime. I'm trying to get through the things Spiritovod (where has he been!!?) got for me, but it's taking a lot longer than I imagined.

If your next question is why do so many? It's because I loose interest quickly. So far, only Beelzebub has been good enough to keep my interest for an extended period of time. There were plenty of times when I didn't want to do Ane-doki. I wasn't the first one who was doing Medaka box (Gomenasai was) and it would lull me to sleep. I dropped Change123 because it got foolish. It was already borderline with that weak male lead, and it fell to the stupid side at the end of vol.10. So I do a bunch of series to try and divert my attention so I don't focus on what's crappy about a specific manga.
Well, there are cases like Change123 but that's another story.
It's certainly can be related about losing interest in what you're working on. Having cleaned, proofed, and typeset a series that I didn't particularly enjoyed, I'm glad it's over.

Oh and thanks for the recent work on Medaka box. Are you liking the way it's going?
 

shadow-skill

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
United States
dna, I'll look over that series. But let me warn you now. If I don't like it, regardless of how neglected it is, I won't do it. So please don't get your hopes too high up.

Darkcloud, r u talking about Ane-doki when u talk about the series u worked ont hat u didn't like? Or do u mean something else? Also, I half like where Medaka is going right now. If the author was doing a comedy, this series would be WAY more flexible and it could've gotten over the hump of not being a fighting type manga in the early stages. And if it needed a fight or 2 to keep the masses interested it could've been thrown in nice and slick like in Beelzebub. But hind sight is always 20/20. With the way things happened in the last chptr, the last obstacle Medaka is going 2 face b4 she becomes 'complete' is Kumagawa.
 

DarkCloudInc

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
Well, I guess I wasn't too clear. I recently worked on a series that I had some excited to work on as I watched over photoshop batch process a set of images before I had gone out to work on the raws. It looked great and seemed to have potential up until I began to read the script and typeset it. The story was mind blowingly numbing and lacked the excitement I had anticipated. Further I got into it, the farther away my interest in this series got. The series being Zero: Circle of Life.

Anyhow, about Medaka, I think it's going the way the animated series of shadow skill went with Zenkichi becoming the apparent lead much like how Gau took the lead from Ellie.
 

shadow-skill

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is that the manhwa that had a pretty decent start, a very good basis with a poor execution, and because of that poor execution, an early end? Wait a second... I just mentioned like half the manhwa's out there!! Seriously though, is that the one of a clone boy with 'mindblowingly' high psychic powers and his 2 'sisters'?

The thing with Shadow Skill, is Gau was the main character, Elle was where he wanted to reach. The OVA mostly covered the character introductions (not all of them), and the tv series was almost a waste of time! But in Medaka's case, she's the title of the series, she'll always be the lead. I'm just glad her lackeys can fight and are getting the spotlight instead of having Medaka handle everything aka dragon ballz.
 

DarkCloudInc

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
I thought Ellie's warrior name was Shadow Skill? Though, about the manga, I haven't read it as it tends to be NSFW which is where I read the most.

Anyhow, I thought the one shot for Medaka Box was better than the most of the series up till recently as it didn't make Zenkichi look like a weak punk.

About Zero, that's pretty much it exactly with the sister being his lover in a previous life even though her brother doesn't remember. Though, not exactly recalling if he has another sister.
 

shadow-skill

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shadow skill is, as it's name implies, a type of skill. There's front skill, and Shadow skill. Shadow Skill uses a lot of kicks because it was something made by women slaves that don't have a lot of strength in their arms. And even if they did, their hands were tied, so they needed a way to fight back. Normal (front) skills wouldn't work, so they made up Shadow Skill. Both Elle and Gau say "My shadow skill is invincible!".

As far as Medaka goes, I never read the one shot. And I took over in the mid 20's I think. I didn't really read everything prior to where I took over. But I didn't mind how the story was developing. Mostly because it wasn't the same old shit in a different toilet.

Yeah, he had a little sister... that series had the potential to be great, but screwed up badly! Man, I hope Veritas doesn't go down the drain like all the other (though not many) manhwa I've read.



dna11, I checked out ace... it was good, but not good enough for me to try and commit time to translating it. Sorry, but you'll need to ask somebody else.
 
Last edited:

Gomenasai

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
9
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey, since things have gotten a little hectic with getting raws now that raw-paradise was shut down, why don't you go back to your original goal of doing series with no love or are neglected?
 

shadow-skill

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You do know I put Pink de Pink 3 the same day you posted that, right? And by the looks of it, BEFORE you posted this question here. If you didn't notice, well, now you know.
 

Gomenasai

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
9
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's not what I meant. I know you have some manga piled up on you. But, I was asking why don't you do something that no one is doing, or the masses haven't heard of yet? For as crappy as bleach has gotten, I'm sure there would be SOME people who'd be interested in a change.
 

shadow-skill

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well the things that I haven't done in a while would SEEM new to the bleachies that are FINALLY starting 2 c the light!! Something new is always appealing to me, but with raw-paradise no longer in existence, it's become a chore to find raws. As you can see, I haven't done Teppu, Junketsu no Maria, Shihou Sekai no Ou, or Bra(swing) Girls, to name a few, in a long time. And even before 楽園 went down, I haven't seen Spiritovod (my favorite raw provided) in a while. I wonder if he's not doing it anymore? There are other providers like Finestela and Rena-chan, but I still liked what Spiritovod provided the best.

Getting to the point... if I have one (c; ... There really hasn't been anything that I'm dying to do. If I get the interim chapters of Frogman, I'd jump on them, but that's something that I'm already doing.
 

Gomenasai

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
9
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah... u really did take a VERY long time 2 get 2 ur point. If Spiritovod himself doesn't scan anymore, I'm sure u can still find the older raws he uploaded here. And most people don't translate something unless it's popular. Take one of those and translate it.
 

shadow-skill

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Would you stop trying to make it sound like you CAN'T translate!! If you see something you think should be done, do it. And it's no new revelation that ppl don't do something unless it's popular. That's the reason a lot of seinen go unnoticed.
 
Top