The Shannaro! Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Shannaro! Thread

Amidamaru

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
w00t I didn't thought of making a thread here before. xD

Well "Shannaro!" was created in april 2005 i think, and we have been Editing the Naruto manga since then (we started at chapter 252). For our name "Shannaro!" I think it's Terra who should answer why this name was chosen, as I don't really know myself. Anyway "Shannaro!" is cool eh ? Go Sakura ! Go !

Well, for the cleaners theyre are many, just check the credit page that comes with every chapter to see who worked on it. =) For the translation, we have been using Nihongaeri's, Iwanin's, and some others i think for some times (we were beta-ing those translation to get the best possible) but for the past months we have just been using Nihongaeri's, which we BETA to check any possible small errors.

Well, for the time being we are only doing Naruto, but if a translator is willing to translate the Full Metal Alchemist manga for us we will then search for cleaners, cause that's another project we want to do (better find a translator first eh ? ^_^).

Anyway, i'd like to thank every person who download our chapters every week, support us, and of course every person that is part/has been part of the Shannaro! team. Without all those great guys Shannaro wouldn't have been here today, so thanks alot guys !

| Our website/forum : http://www.shannaro.com | Do not hesitate to come and posts alot on the forum ! =D

Well then, if they are questions you would like to ask do not hesitate. :)

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Finally. :D

(to all members)
What's your favourite part of working Shannaro?
Which latest chapter has been the most fun to work with?
Which character would you rather see dead?

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
:amuse Well, well, well ..... about time, you guys.

What made all of you so generous to take your time and do such a nice thing to Naruto fans?
Herm asked about the good points already. What's the worst part of working Shannaro?

Amidamaru

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Well well to answer you guys :

Hermie -> What I find really nice at Shannaro is that all people are really nice people, so you enjoy alot more working with them. =) The latest chapter i had more fun to work with lately was 303, was really cool to have a break from those hell of a' grey pages ... Hmm character i would rather see dead, dunno really. xD

Predator -> Hmmm well we like Naruto, and like making people happy by reading great and clean scans. =D
Well, there's no really worse part. ^_^

Terra

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
That'd be working on the forum for me :D Cleaning's fun too, but I havent done that in a while... :darn

Dont remember because I havent worked on a chapter for a while :sweatdrop

Sasuke

What made all of you so generous to take your time and do such a nice thing to Naruto fans?
The first time I scanlated, it was because 247's RAW just came out and there were a bunch of people desperate for a Edited Manga, so I just had a shot at erasing the japanese and adding the english trans :) Now it's just nice to see people thanking us, it makes everyone feel really good about themselves :D

What's the worst part of working Shannaro?
Lots of stuff I have to take care of >.>

hashikei

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Cleaning!! :D Why did I join Shannaro for? Cleaning can be hard sometimes...yet for some reason, I have fun doing it.

I've only been in Shannaro for a few chapters (303 onward...) So I'm going to say..Chapter 304, not much greys :D.

Don't want to start a war with Anti-"Anti-Sai" people..but, Sai. Only because his background is pretty much revealed. Sasuke is also another candidate, but not yet. I want to see how much strength he "gained" during the time-skip.

What's the worst part of working Shannaro?
grey panels, sleep deprivation, additional stress...

glasskatana

Reaction score
Country
United States
Alrighty. How many hours total would you say is spent on a single chapter?

Do you realize that there is now an FMA section of the forum? (and Hisshouburaiken translates the chapters)

What's your least favorite element to clean (earth, water, lightning, fire, wind)

What's your favorite chapter ever?

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, feel free to use my FMA translations as you like. Just keep the spelling of names and places as they are, because I assure you they are official and 100% databook-based :)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Crazy how inactive this thread has been, considering Shannaro is such an elite group. Tsk tsk. Well, I suppose people haven't been asking questions.

Hopefully things are going alright over there, guys. Haven't seen a release in quite a while.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Their web site went down. They're still working but it's just been slow for them.

MrGoochi

Oh , that's a relief.For a moment i thought the group was gone.I hope things will work out for them.Go Shannaro! Go.

hashikei

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Sorry for answering these so late...been a bit busy lately...
glasskatana said:
Alrighty. How many hours total would you say is spent on a single chapter?
Well, the SFX translation and proofreading/QCing of the translation takes about an hour in total.
As for the cleaning, depending on how complex the page is, it can take from half an hour to 1.5 hours. Multiply that by 17 pages per week...and you get 9-20 hours of cleaning per chapter o__O
I don't know how long typesetting takes, but it takes a couple of hours as well.
After that is the fixing/final QCing/compiling of the chapters, which takes another hour or less....
As for the final total of hours...you can do the math by yourself ^^

Do you realize that there is now an FMA section of the forum? (and Hisshouburaiken translates the chapters)
Yeah, we're aware of that....I think (at least I'm aware of it). And thanks to hisshou for translating those chapters.
We said before that we would take on FMA as a second project, but it seems at the moment that we don't have enough cleaners to tackle on both series and still release it in a reasonable amount of time.

What's your least favorite element to clean (earth, water, lightning, fire, wind)
I'm not sure what u mean by this...but I think I like fire the most o_O;; XD
What's your favorite chapter ever?
...not sure =/
Ask me again sometime XD

hisshouburaiken said:
Yeah, feel free to use my FMA translations as you like. Just keep the spelling of names and places as they are, because I assure you they are official and 100% databook-based :)
Yeah, like I said, thanks for translating it ^^ ...but we're a bit short of cleaners to handle two projects at the same time. Especially considering how FMA is harder to clean than Naruto, and has more pages.

Gold Knight said:
Crazy how inactive this thread has been, considering Shannaro is such an elite group. Tsk tsk. Well, I suppose people haven't been asking questions.
I don't see you asking questions >.>;;
...JK XD

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
ウオジサマ said:
I don't see you asking questions >.>;;
...JK XD
Inspire me to ask more questions! XD

Um, well - in one of the recent releases, Kakashi said "Jesus!" Christianity in Naruto? :O

Amidamaru

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Well, for the "Jesus!" thing, i think we should see with the translators. xD It was Hisshouburaiken and Yoshitsune for that chapter, but I don't know which one put "Jesus". xD But I dont think it had any religious meaning.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
How much hours do you guys put in cleaning a page on average?

And I was sorta half-joking about that, btw ^^ I did notice that it was a Hisshou translated chapter.

hashikei

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Gold Knight said:
How much hours do you guys put in cleaning a page on average?
Didn't I kinda answer that earlier?

And I was sorta half-joking about that, btw ^^ I did notice that it was a Hisshou translated chapter.
Yeah, the "Jesus" thing was by Hisshou. I'd have translated it differently though...but I don't think it would've sound "right/correct" XD

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ahh, missed that >.>

Hm... what is Shannaro's current goal right now?

kyubisharingan

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Its been a long while since a realease, what happened? Not to be mean but while your Edited Mangas r HQ(better than Inane's) its not as good anymore. Things such as speed lines and stuff r what im talking about.[br]Posted on: September 30, 2006, 01:25:16 PM_________________________________________________Will you guys re-scanlate a few older chapters of NAruto, the Sasuke vs Naruto fight, Kakashi Gaiden? Because Inane was the only Manga Editors at the time they did actually do HQ work.

Amidamaru

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
No i don't think we will re-scanlate those.

PS: Sorry for late answer xD