1- Each participant will pm the host with their answers for the questions. You are not allowed to share your answers with anyone else.
2- Your objectives is parallel your answers with as many other players as possible, and get the highest score.
3- Try guessing the most popular answer.
4- There is no wrong answer.
Rules
1- The number of questions shouldn't exceed 12 questions and not less 8 questions.
2- "I don't know" will get 0 points. If you can't answer just use google or any search engine or simply put any answer.
3- The winner will host the next sheep.
4- In case we have 2 winners or more having the same points, The host will pick someone randomly as the winner or one of the winners would let the other do it.
5- If the winner didn't make the next sheep within 3 days the previous winner shall do it and if he didn't. Anyone can do it just to keep this game running.
6- Calculations and gathering answers is time consuming so the host has a whole week to do it. If he/she didn't post the answers and announce the winner after 7 days. The next sheep would be free to anyone to do it.
sheep #1
(1) -You are in a war, Which fighter you would like to be : 1- Archer.
2- Healer
3- Swordsman.
(2) -A famous inventor.
(3) -What is your favorite big cat ? 1-Lion
2-Tiger
3-Jaguar
(4) -What anime villain you would like to be.
(5) -Who wins ? Team Demacia vs Team Noxus, Which team you would choose to bet all your money on.
Upper limb is team Demacia..
Lower limb is team Noxus..
(6) -Which type of landscape do you like the most, Desert, forest, mountain, plain, ocean or arctic?
(7) -Do you care about lyrics in a song?
(8) -Pick a random number from (1~25)
(9) -What season suits you best?
(10) -How many holes do you have ?
Sheep
Winner
Second
Last
1
lakhan220
Brandish
kira
2
lakhan220
Irina_mashiro_22, EmptySoul, Organizized
YumaKuga
3
Brandish, Raven
kira, Belserion
lakhan220
4
YumaKuga
Miralicious akuma
kira
5
Brandish
lakhan220
kira, Organizized
6
kira
Organizized
lakhan220
7
Atom
Vici, EmptySoul
Brandish
8
EmptySoul, Raven
Organizized
Brandish
9
Raven
Organizized
xi0
10
Organizized
YumaKuga
xi0, EmptySoul
11
Raven
BrandyThema
xi0
12
Yuma, xi0
BrandyThema
kira
13
Yuma, Knightmare
Atom
Brandish
14
Shinyarcanine45
Knightmare of heaven 0
kira
15
BrandyThema
Raven
xi0
16
Vici
Brandish
kira
17
Brandish, zimbardo
Knightmare of heaven 0
lakhan220
18
DiMaria Yesta
lakhan
Brandish
19
Organizized
Knightmare of heaven 0, Battou
Brandish
20
A.ulq
Zimb
DiMaria, Brandish
21
DiMaria Yesta
xi0
Brandish
22
Organizized
Brandish, lakhan220
kira
23
EmptySoul
Vici
kira
24
Battou
GrySun
Brandish
25
TSPanda
Organizized
kira, Brandish
26
Farfalla
EmptySoul
kira
27
Belserion
GrySun
A.ulq
28
Ustegius
TSPanda
Knightmare of heaven 0
29
Raven
Brandish
kira
30
TSPanda
EmptySoul
Tempus
31
Kat
Farfalla
goodboy_lawlett
32
MonkeyD Dragon
Knightmare of heaven 0
Brandish
33
Belserion
Organizized
xi0
34
GrySun
Farfalla
Brandish
35
Atom
DiMaria Yesta, Organizized
Farfalla
36
MonkeyD Dragon
Belserion
lakhan220
37
Linali
MonkeyD Dragon
Brandish
38
EmptySoul
Ustegius
Brandish
39
Belserion
Arjuna
Organizized
40
Farfalla
GrySun
Emperor Spriggan
41
Darky
Gryffindor
xi0
42
riki
Raven
Purity of Magi
43
Atom
Lady pompom, Linali
Raven
44
riki
EmptySoul
Brandish
45
Brandish
Linali
Battou
46
Atom
Emperor Spriggan
kira
47
Valhalla777, GrySun
Lady pompom, Organizized
Brandish
48
Zirconium
Organizized
riki
49
GrySun, Linali
Gryffindor
kira
50
Linali, A.ulq
Zirconium, Emperor Spriggan
Brandish
51
Irina_mashiro_22
Organizized, Raven
Brandish
52
Lambu
SirSamuel016
DiMaria Yesta
53
Linali
Zirconium `
Emperor Spriggan
54
Organizized
riki
Brandish
55
GrySun
Lambu
Purity of Magi
56
Lambu
Arjuna
Demonspeed
57
-
-
-
58
GrySun
DiMaria Yesta
Lady pompom
59
Xadyu
Belserion
Brandish
60
Vici
Irina Mashiro
syx
61
GrySun, Linali
Vandred, Miralicious Akuma
syx
62
Linali
Holt
Lady pompom
63
Belserion
Shobu_Yoruichi
xi0
64
Organizized
Lady Pompom
Brandish
65
Linali
Seraph
xi0
66
GrySun
Gryffindor
Brandish
67
EmptySoul
Linali
Brandish
68
Lambu
Farfalla, Battou
kira
69
Linali
-
-
70
GrySun
Arjuna
kira
71
Asako
Holt
Brandish
72
Xadyu
Lady pompom, Linali
Brandish
73
Belserion
syx
kira
74
GrySun
xi0
Erinyes
75
Holt
Emperor Spriggan
Juviii
76
syx
Gryffindor
Purity of Magi
77
Gryffindor
Elusia
Arjuna
78
Copy Panda
Lambu
kira
79
Purity of Magi
Vandred
Erinyes
Sheep king/Queen coronation happen every #100 sheep game.. So whoever wins the sheep #100 will be the king or queen of the game until the next sheep coronation and will be added to the Hall of Fame.
Here is a thread to alert you to the start of new Sheep rounds
For anyone who plays this game: please follow this thread to receive warnings when new rounds are starting
Anyone making a round, please post a message to this thread when you do, so all prospective players will know to send a list (if you forget to do so, I will try to remember to do so for you).
This thread is currently just a test, to save on people having to go on mass tagging sprees - if the test is successful, we can keep on using it.
If the test fails (other than being extremely disappointed) then nothing will be lost and we can go back to ignoring it and tagging people like there's no tomorrow.
It's not the filetype, it's the website. Happens with some links from Tenor or Giphy. You're always better off mirroring it on imgur or something rather than direct link.
Idk since we are all Admins now can't we just Unite our Powers and negate Linas Admin Powers so she lets the sheep open another Day so you can play as well?
2 Admins uniting should be enough.
To create a Polish Internal Feud,i'm gonna unite my Admin Powers with @Vici ,let's see Lina try and oppose this Special Force
Idk since we are all Admins now can't we just Unite our Powers and negate Linas Admin Powers so she lets the sheep open another Day so you can play as well?
2 Admins uniting should be enough.
To create a Polish Internal Feud,i'm gonna unite my Admin Powers with @Vici ,let's see Lina try and oppose this Special Force
Rules are for everyone, admins included. And I'm admin of admins, so your powers are invalid in this case @Asako, it's ok, don't worry, I hope to see you participating in next sheep
Idk since we are all Admins now can't we just Unite our Powers and negate Linas Admin Powers so she lets the sheep open another Day so you can play as well?
2 Admins uniting should be enough.
To create a Polish Internal Feud,i'm gonna unite my Admin Powers with @Vici ,let's see Lina try and oppose this Special Force
Rules are for everyone, admins included. And I'm admin of admins, so your powers are invalid in this case @Asako, it's ok, don't worry, I hope to see you participating in next sheep
1. How about we eat something first? Are you ready to taste some delicious Polish food like:
a) czernina – a soup made of broth and duck’s blood (SirSamuel016, Arjuna, Darky) x3
b) kaszanka – a sausage made of pork offal, groats and pig’s blood (Totinona) x1
c) ozorki – boiled pork tongues served with sauce (Xadyu, xi0, Vandred) x3
d) bigos – aka “throw everything you have in the fridge and boil it with chopped cabbage” (Gryffindor, Zirconium, Seraph, DiMaria Yesta, Belserion, Vici, Raven) x7
e) no thanks, I’m not hungry *internal vomiting* (Lady pompom, Erinyes, Battou, kira, Shobu_Yoruichi, GrySun, Organizized, syx, Farfalla, Holt, Elusia) x11
f) Polish women (Brandish) x1
SirSamuel016 said:
Czernina sounds lovely, would like to try some sometime.
With the next question's text being all "just kidding", this may be the most picked answer. Though this would also be my honest answer, the dishes made with blood, tonges and other stuff is not exactly something I'd like to try..
I’d be willing to try most of it, I guess, but I wonder if my vegan wife would go near me for a month or so after the duck’s blood soup (we have that too) etc. D sounds pretty okay though.But I think E will an obvious choice for most.
Ehhh... this czernina thing doesn't look like my cup of tea to be honest. Duck's blood, really? Okayyyy... B and C are no option since I don't eat pork. Bigos doesn't look like it has enough meat to satisfy my body... I need meat , Linali... meat!
Answer: E, seems like I will starve to death in Poland...
Note to myself: delete visiting Linali and Vici from my todo list
Vici already spoilered a bit (), but czernina had some special meaning in the past. When a man wanted to marry a woman, he was visiting her house. If her family decided, that he’s not suitable partner for her, they served him czernina – it was a sign, that he was rejected.
2. Got you These above are some extreme dishes many Polish don’t like either. Let’s try again, this time with more eatable ones:
a) schabowy – fried slice of pork or chicken meat, usually served with potatoes and salad or vegetables (Lady pompom, SirSamuel016, Gryffindor, Arjuna, Zirconium, Xadyu, GrySun, Belserion, syx, Vici, Farfalla, Elusia) x12
b) mielony – fried minced pork meat shaped into round cutlet; served as above (Brandish, kira, Darky, Seraph) x4
c) gołąbki – minced pork meat with rice wrapped in the cabbage leaf and boiled with tomato sauce (Organizized, xi0, Totinona) x3
d) pierogi – dumplings with meat, quark, fruits, boiled, fried, whatever you want (Battou, Erinyes, Shobu_Yoruichi, DiMaria Yesta, Vandred, Holt, Raven) x7
Shobu_Yoruichi said:
Pierogi is famous, i would like to eat it someday. Besides, all the others are pork xD which is extremely good, but i will go for the different one.
Basically what I know as “pannbiff”. Friggin love it so easy choice. We have A as well and that’s also a solid choice but I trust people will go with B.
Does anyone want some dessert? You can try some of the delicious cakes:
Quark pie:
Apple pie:
Karpatka:
Poppy seeds cake:
Mazurek (baked on Easter):
Piernik (baked on Christmas, in cake form or cookies form):
Toruń city is very famous of its piernik:
And many, many more
3. Stomach full? Ok then, I have a challenge for you now. Polish language is said to be one of the toughest to learn. Wanna try? Here’s a word gauntlet – let’s see how far you can get:
a) I like my tongue and I don’t want it to break, so nope, thanks (Lady pompom, Zirconium, Shobu_Yoruichi, Seraph, Holt) x5
b) pchła (xi0) x1
c) pszczoła (Elusia) x1
d) gżegżółka (syx, Totinona) x2
e) chrabąszcz
f) Szczebrzeszyn
g) Chrząszczyżewoszyce (Brandish) x1
h) konstantynopolitańczykowianeczka (SirSamuel016, Arjuna, Raven) x3
i) I said it all! \o/ (Erinyes, Battou, Gryffindor, Darky, Xadyu, GrySun, DiMaria Yesta, Organizized, Belserion,Vici, Vandred, Farfalla) x12
j)Supercalifragilisticexpialidociousgżegżółkachrabąszczszczebrzeszynchrząszczyżewoszycekonstantynopolitańczykowianeczka (kira) x1
Ostatnie dwa były najtrudniejsze, a opcja f brzmi jak zmasakrowana wersja obsesji.
Ponadto, nie mogłem znaleźć znaczenia dla słów po dwóch pierwszych, które były pchłami i pszczołami.
But don't ask me how good it is. I actually know some Polish, although I'm better at understanding it than speaking it myself, I got a bit rusty from not using it anymore.
You should have set the rule that people only get points for this question, if they post a record of their attempt as proof.
Too bad you missed this opportunity. But what did I expect from someone who tags syx after SirSamuel.
Anywayyyyy... I compared my attempts with audio examples and that is my result: B was rather easy. My pszczoła was okay for a first try, so I will give me a pass here. I pronounced gżegżółka very slow, but in the right way more or less. That's a pass in my book. Chrabąszcz is difficult... I can't hear the "n" of "ą" in the audio example. And the end does sound like a "t". Either way, I think I failed here. :/
Translation time!
Pchła – flea (insect)
Pszczoła – bee (insect as well)
Gżegżółka – cuckoo (bird); actually nowadays cuckoo translates into “kukułka”, while “gżegżółka” became a part of Polish language tests in schools aka nightmare for pupils
Chrabąszcz – cockhafer (another insect)
Szczebrzeszyn – name of a town in Poland; part of the most popular tongue-twister, btw
Chrząszczyżewoszyce – a fictional city from Polish comedy about WWII; a main hero was caught by Germans and introduced himself as Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz born in Chrząszczyżewoszyce powiat Łękołody to impede his identification. This scene is hilarious
Konstantynopolitańczykowianeczka – young unmarried female citizen of Constantinopole (now Istambul). Another tongue-twister, no one says it for everyday
If you’re not tired yet, you can try more advanced Polish tongue-twisters. Tell me, how far did you get this time.
Stół z powyłamywanymi nogami (table with broken legs)
Szły pchły koło wody, pchła pchłę pchła do wody (Fleas were walking near the water, flea pushed flea into the water)
Poczmistrz z Tczewa (Postmaster from Tczew)
And classic:
W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie (In Szczebrzeszyn cockchafer sounds in the reed)
* ł is read as w and w as v
* sz as sh and cz as ch
* ch as h (ex. Hamilton)
* ą as on
* rz and ż as j
* ó as oo (ex. cool)
4. Wow, that was hard one, wasn’t it? So now sit and let me tell you some of Polish legends. Which one would you like to hear first?
a) about a tyrant king, who was eaten by mice (Zirconium, Shobu_Yoruichi, Organizized, Belserion, Totinona, Vandred, Farfalla, Elusia) x8
b) about a poor cobbler, who killed a dragon (Lady pompom, Battou, SirSamuel016, Xadyu, GrySun, syx) x6
c) about the boy, who was searching for fern flower to fulfill his wish (Gryffindor, Brandish, Arjuna, Seraph, DiMaria Yesta) x5
d) about a nobleman, who made a pact with a devil (Erinyes, Darky, xi0, Vici, Holt, Raven) x6
e) All of them (kira) x1
The first 3 questions were somewhat possible to predict. From 4 onwards I just gave up since there's a lot of possibilities. So I'll go with my own answers from here.
Killing a dragon eh? Sounds the most interesting. Now tell me the story!
Option A wouldn't be my preferred choice. There are tyrant kings everywhere, the fact that this one was eaten by mice doesn't sound more interesting than the other ones imo. Pact with devils is always interesting, I'm curious why a nobleman would do that, revivng some he lost? The boy searching for that flower feels like an awesome adventure. What is it that the boy desires? In the end, I'll go with the poor cobbler who slayed the dragon. I have a soft spot for seemingly normal people doing some crazy, badass stuff.
A long, long time ago, Kruszwica city by the Gopło lake was ruled by King Popiel. He was evil tyrant, who was oppressing his people and his beautiful wife was even worse than him; it was she who was forcing him to do more and more cruel things.
The king had the elder council, consisted of his uncles, to help him to rule, but he wasn’t pleased, that he has to listen to their advices and was afraid, that they might dethrone him one day. His wife was feeding these feelings and finally they decided to get rid of king’s uncles. They invited them on the feast, poisoned them and threw their dead bodies into the lake. Some time later mice appeared in the city. They were coming straight from the lake and king understood, that it’s the revenge of his uncles. He hid in the castle in the highest tower, but he couldn’t run away. Mice ate the evil king and his wife and freed people from the tyrant.
The Mice Tower is one of the touristic attractions of Kruszwica city. I was there; no mice inside
A long, long time ago, Kraków was ruled by king Krak. He was a good king, who cared deeply of his people and people loved him. Everyone were living happy peaceful life, until the day, when the dragon appeared in the neighbourhood.
Dragon was devouring the cattle and terrorized the citizens. King announced, that a man, who will kill the dragon, will marry his beautiful daughter and will be rewarded with half of the kingdom. Many mighty knights were trying to defeat the beasts, but dragon killed them all. People lost the hope, but then a poor cobbler came to the king and said, that he found the way to defeat the dragon. He killed the sheep, filled it with sulfur and left near the dragon’s cave. When the dragon smelled the sheep he devoured it at once. But sulfur hidden in the sheep made him very thirsty, so dragon moved to the river and started to drink. He drank and drank more and more and finally he drank so much, that he blew. Poor cobbler married the princess, ruled half of the kingdom and was as good king, as his father-in-law.
Wawelski Dragon is a symbol of Kraków.
A long, long time ago there was a nobleman called Twardowski. He was a smart, knowledgeable man, who was very interested in magic. He quickly realized, that it’s not possible to make a real magic without unnatural forces, so he searched the old books and executed the ritual to summon the devil.
The devil fulfilled Twardowski’s wish and let him make magic, but demanded his soul in return. Twardowski was very smart, so he decided to trick the evil – he told him, that he’s going to Rome soon and when he reach there, devil can take his soul. Devil agreed and gave Twardowski magic powers. Twardowski was travelling the Poland formany years, using his powers to cause good, but he didn’t seem to move to Rome anytime soon. But the devil had his ways – he disguised as poor peasant and begged Twardowski to help his mother. The nobleman agreed and he let the peasant to lead him to the nearest inn. That was a mistake – the inn was called “The Rome” and once Twardowski entered the inn, devil revealed himself and demanded man’s soul. He grabbed the nobleman and took him high above the ground. Twardowski knew, that he has to act, so he started to pray. The devil was getting weaker with every word of the prayer and when they were flying over the moon, he dropped Twardowski and run away. The nobleman stays there till today.
One of the most known Polish writers, Adam Mickiewicz, used this legend in one of his ballads. But in his version, devil had to fulfill Twardowski’s three wishes before he will take his soul. First wish – Twardowski demanded the horse and the castle; no problemo. Second wish – nobleman wanted devil to bath in the holy water; that was much harder task, but devil made it. Third wish – Twardowski and devil had to switch places for one year; Twardowski will be living in hell and devil on earth with Mrs. Twardowska as his wife. The nobleman demanded devil to love and respect the woman and to do everything she will say. It was too much for the devil – he run away. It remains unknown, if he run away because he was afraid of love, or because Mrs. Twardowska was so ugly
Every year in the shortest night, the fern flower blooms somewhere in the forest. The one, who will find and pick it, will be rewarded with wealth and knowledge, that no man’s ever seen. But the flower is protected by powerful forces.
There was once a little boy, who wanted to find it no matter what. When the shortest night of the year came, he sneaked out to the forest and started to look for it. He was tired and lost all hope, when he noticed a light – it was a fern flower shining in the darkness. He tried to reach it, but the forces protected the flower and boy woke up in his bed next morning not sure, if it happened for real or was only his dream. He decided to look for a flower next year too, but the same happened again. He didn’t want to give up and next year he finally got, what he wanted - the fern flower, incredible wealth and all knowledge was his. He got everything he wanted, but as the time passed, he felt more and more lonely. He decided to visit his parents first time in years, but they didn’t recognized their son. The boy run away and hid in his castle. He tried again next year, but his father passed away and his mother didn’t recognize him again. The boy had enough of his wealth and knowledge, he wanted to come back home. He visited his parents house once again only to find out, that his mother passed away too. He thought in despair, that he wants the earth under his feet to collapse and the flower fulfilled his wish – the boy disappeared.
This one is very sad, but also very didactic.
5. Even though Polish joke, that Poland is the most catholic country right after Vatican, some of pagan rituals are still celebrated. Would you like to take part in one? How about:
a) Marzanna’s burning – first you create a doll that represents Winter, then burn or drawn it to call Spring (Erinyes, Brandish, Arjuna, Xadyu, Seraph, Organizized) x6
b) Śmigus-dyngus – the water fight! Originally was a symbol of purifying oneself from sins and diseases and to ensure fertility. Now celebrated on Easter Monday, is rather a fun for children. (SirSamuel016, Gryffindor, Zirconium, Shobu_Yoruichi, DiMaria Yesta, Belserion, Vici, Holt, Elusia) x9
c) Noc Kupały – celebrated on the shortest night of the year. The party plan includes searching for a fern flower, dances around the bonfire, jumping above the bonfire and garland divination (for girls) (Battou, kira, Darky, GrySun, xi0, syx, Totinona, Vandred, Farfalla, Raven) x10
d) none (Lady pompom) x1
SirSamuel016 said:
Śmigus-dyngus sounds like my type of fun, after all who doesn't like some wet and wild fun
Oh boy... that is so awesome!! I'm between b and c, cause looking girls doing extreme things and me from a safe distance is my kind of thing... but i'll go for b cause water makes something very nice to woman clothes
Hm.. The doll burning doesn't sound very fun. Likely either B or C ends up most voted. Water fights sound fun when younger, but the me right now wouldn't find much joy in it I think.. Dancing at a bonfire isn't that great either, but it could be fun. Maybe meet some other interesting Polish people while at it and enjoy the night.
Marzanna is awesome! Because I hate... absolutely hate scraping ice off my car...
Śmigus-dyngus looks fun, but not even Polish rituals can purify my soul, Linali.
From what I found out in the internet, Noc Kupały seems to be the most entertaining one out of all three options.
So many cute girls. But it looks too good to be true... I fear that at one point, you girls will do this...
...then I will start to see this...
...and end up like this....
You wouldn't do dis to me, would you?
To make a long story short. I'll go with Noc Kupały, because I will have an epic time before I will be sacrificed brutally.
Anyone curious, how the garland divination from c) worked? First girls prepared the garlands from field flowers and herbs. They put the burning candle inside and throw it into the river. Boys stood on the opposite riverbank and were trying to pick the garlands from the water. If the garland was picked from the river quickly, its owner will marry soon. If not, she will have to wait for her husband and if the garland burned or sink, she will never marry.
6. Ok, enough of paganism, let’s go back to the civilization. Poland had and still have many great artists and composers, known all over the world. Let me introduce some of them. Which track do you like the most?
a) Ballada g-moll op. 23 by Fryderyk Chopin (I think I don’t have to introduce this man) (Gryffindor, Brandish, Arjuna, Shobu_Yoruichi, xi0, Farfalla) x6
b) Mazur by Stanisław Moniuszko (the most famous opera composer; this is a track from his most known opera, “Halka”) (Lady pompom, Darky, Xadyu, DiMaria Yesta, Vici) x5
c) Violin Concerto No. 2 in D minor op. 22 by Henryk Wieniawski (one of the most famous violin concertos) (Erinyes, Battou, SirSamuel016, Vandred, Elusia) x5
d) Piano Variation in Blue by Jan Kaczmarek (soundtrack from “Finding Neverland” was honored with Oscar®) (kira, Zirconium, GrySun, Seraph, Organizized, Belserion, syx, Totinona, Holt, Raven) x10
Gryffindor said:
Wszystkie są dobre, sprowadzają się do A lub C, naprawdę trudny wybór
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY DOES EVERY SHEEP INCLUDE TRACKS NOW?
All of the tracks are not my preferred music style. Honestly, I didn't like Mazur that much. However, Piano Variation in Blue is awesome. Violin Concerto No. 2 in D minor op. 22 is nice too, could it be that this was played in a couple of movies? Ballada g-moll op. 23 is okay (yeah yeah it's Chopin, I know). Still like Piano Variation in Blue the most!
Music from b) is actually based on Polish folk music and dance - mazur.
7. While sounds of classic music play in the background, would you mind a little history quiz? The correct answer is worth 2 points and your score for this question will depend on number of participants and your place in ranking. It’s ok to go guessing mode. Are you ready?
At the beginning I want to make one thing clear – it wasn’t my intention to make a detailed test of Polish history. I decided to make a simple quiz based on basic knowledge Polish children learn in school. Thus answers I marked as correct are answers, that simple Polish would choose if you asked them on the street. Or at least I hope so Someone more knowledgeable in detailed Polish history might disagree with me, but I think I explained my reasoning well. Ok, let’s begin!
A. How long does the Poland exists as a country?
a) around 2000 years (Darky, Elusia) x2 b) around 1000 years (Lady pompom, Erinyes, Battou, SirSamuel016, Xadyu, GrySun, Organizized, Vici, Vandred, Holt) x20
c) around 500 years (Brandish, Arjuna, Shobu_Yoruichi, DiMaria Yesta) x4
d) since 1918 (Gryffindor, Zirconium, Seraph, Belserion, xi0, syx, Farfalla, Raven) x8
e) since 1945
f) since 1991 (kira, Totinona) x2
I had a feeling, this one. I knew there was Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth and that's what made me think Poland might be an old country, though I am not sure if it counts
It is unknown, when exactly Poland formed as a country. One of the earliest dates historians are sure of, is year 966, when Polish duke, Mieszko I was baptized, which means, that Poland is over 1050 years old! Answer d) might be a little misleading, because this is the year Poland reemerged as independent country.
B. How many capitals did Poland had in its history?
a) one (Brandish, Arjuna, kira, Darky) x4
b) two (Lady pompom, Shobu_Yoruichi, Xadyu, DiMaria Yesta, syx, Holt, Elusia, Raven) x8 c) three (Erinyes, Seraph, Totinona, Vandred) x8
d) four or more (Battou, SirSamuel016, Zirconium, GrySun, Organizized, Belserion, xi0, Vici, Farfalla, Gryffindor) x10
Hmh, that I don't know actually. I have to guess. A lot has happened since 1918, so it could be two or three. I doubt it's four or more. I'll go with two, just my gut feeling.
These are: Gniezno, Kraków and Warszawa (Warsaw – the current one). Actually, there were much more cities, that can be called capitals in Polish history, but they were either temporary capitals or not as meaningful and important as the three I mentioned. Probably that’s the reason one can only heard about them at the History University. I also had no idea about them for many years and many many Polish people still have no idea. That’s why I marked answer c) as correct one.
C. Poland was once an empire.
a) true (Battou, Gryffindor, Zirconium, Darky, Xadyu, DiMaria Yesta, Organizized, xi0, syx, Totinona, Vici, Farfalla, Elusia, Raven) x14
b) false (Lady pompom, Erinyes, SirSamuel016, Brandish, Arjuna, kira, Shobu_Yoruichi, GrySun, Seraph, Belserion, Vandred, Holt) x12
Shobu_Yoruichi said:
I don't remember at my history classes the mention of Poland, so i go for nope.
This is kind of a mean question, since from what I've read there was an empire there but it wasn't technically Poland? So both true and false could be true..
Wait... this should be true, but we are speaking of a time before 1918....Are we including the whole history of Poland here? If so, then my answers to Question A and B are most likely wrong.
I guess that is the case. I won't change my answers though since I would have no idea what to choose anyway. I'm neither THAT old, nor do I have such a good educational background. But this one should be yes.
Ok, this question is my fail I’m terribly sorry for. I totally forgot, that word “empire” has double meaning (in Polish we have two different words). So it can be either question “was Poland ruled by the emperor?” (no, we had king or duke, never emperor) and “was Poland an empire” (yes, we had our Golden Age as part of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, which was one of the biggest and most populated countries of Europe and kings from Polish dynasty ruled three other countries). My initial intention was the first option, but when I realized, that I might not be understood (which is my fault, not yours), I decided to not give double points for either answer. I also prepared the hot coal I’m going to kneel on for a day as a punishment for this fail. But first, I’ll finish this.
D. How many Polish rulers is now called “the Great”?
a) none (SirSamuel016, Brandish, Arjuna, Darky, Xadyu, Elusia) x6 b) one (Lady pompom, Erinyes, Gryffindor, kira, Belserion, Vandred, Vici, Holt, Raven) x18
c) two (Battou, Shobu_Yoruichi, GrySun, DiMaria Yesta, Organizized, Totinona, Farfalla) x7
d) three or more (Zirconium, Seraph, xi0, syx) x4
Casimir III the Great, last king of first Polish dynasty. He strengthened the country after the Period of Fragmentation, reformed administration and army, codified law, built castles and defensive walls, supported mining and trade, founded first Polish university in Kraków and much much more – he definitely deserved the title.
Thanks to Vici () I know, that according to Wikipedia one more Polish king is known as the Great, but honestly I’ve never heard him being called that way. In Poland he is commonly known as the Brave and I’ll also stay with this version.
E. Show correct answer: a) Poland had once a unique political system called Nobles’ Democracy (Darky, Xadyu, Belserion, Totinona, Farfalla, Raven) x12
b) Polish rulers were chosen by the noblemen (Lady pompom, Brandish, Zirconium, Seraph, Holt) x10
c) after its territory was divided between its neighbour countries, Poland disappeared from maps for 123 years (Erinyes, SirSamuel016, Gryffindor, Arjuna, kira, Shobu_Yoruichi, GrySun, syx, Vici, Elusia) x20
d) during WW II Polish underground resistance was so large and well organized, it is now called Polish Underground State (DiMaria Yesta, Organizized, xi0, Vandred) x8
e) all of them are correct (Battou) x10
This one is really tricky. Are you sure there's not more than 1 correct answer? I read up something about every answer being legit except for the nobility thing. This is weird.
I think the correct answer to this question is something interesting. So B is no option, sounds rather meh. A big resistance group isn't mindblowing either imo. Never heard of Nobles’ Democracy, but again... I'm so bad at historical stuff, it's not even funny. 123 years of disappearance... now we are talking about some interesting shit here! I can hardly believe it, but it's my choice anyway.
Surprise I thought about adding “you can choose more than one answer”, but then I thought, that some of you may just choose all to gain more points, so I left it. But a person, who saw through my evil plan, was allow to choose – stay with “all of them are correct” and gain 10 points, or choose one of the answers and take unknown amount of points. We had one save-player and one gambler – congrats to them both, because both got what they wanted
a) Pretty crazy, isn’t it? Polish nobility got many privileges throughout the ages, which end up with immense power of the noblemen and very limited power of the king. For example, king could not decide anything without the agreement of the sejm (parliament). This system had few other disadvantages.
b) Pretty crazy again, ha? Since the end of XVI century every Polish king was chosen by noblemen. Candidates weren’t limited to Polish only, so we had king from France (very short) or Saxony. This system also had few disadvantages and in the end this and a) were two of many causes of c)
c) In 1795 Polish territory was divided between its three neighbour countries and reemerged in 1918 with the end of WWI. The day it happened (11th November) is celebrated as Polish National Day of Independence.
d) Polish Underground State included not only militaries, but also education, art, culture, courts, printing houses and many departments.
8. But Poland has also beautiful wild nature protected by 23 national parks. Would you like to visit one of them?
a) Magurski PN (Gryffindor, Arjuna, Zirconium, DiMaria Yesta, xi0, Totinona, Farfalla, Holt) x8
b) Woliński PN (Battou, Shobu_Yoruichi, Seraph, Vici, Elusia, Raven) x6
c) PN Ujście Warty (Brandish, Xadyu, Organizized, Vandred) x4
d) Drawieński PN (SirSamuel016, Darky, GrySun, syx) x4
e) All of them (Lady pompom, Erinyes, kira, Belserion) x4
Erinyes said:
all of them, want to go everywhere, so beautiful !!
C looks like a swamp which isn't very inviting. The other 3 ones all look really good, so idk. This one's up in the air just like the music question. I think A and D are the prettiest.
was torn between a and b, since a is hilly and b is near beach, but I eventually chose a. Not really a fan of c since it's a swamp. I'd like to visit all though
I CAN'T DECIDE LINALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are all great places I would like to visit!
But PN Ujście Warty is too "open" for my taste. I need a more thick surrounding, where I get this feel of uncertainty. Overall, Drawieński PN impressed me the most! Especially this place here I fell in love with! I would go full exploration mode there,
chill my life there
and fall asleep while listening to the satisfying sound of nature...
If you have enough of nature, we have plenty of architectural relics as well!
Salt mine in Wieliczka
Medieval Town of Toruń
Książ Castle in Wałbrzych
Old Town in Warsaw
and Kraków
And it's all only the beginning
9. Do you want to check out the Polish wedding party? It’s another trove of traditions, that differ depends on region. But there are some common ones too. Which one do you find the strangest?
a) “Why do bride and groom’s parents welcome their children with bread and salt?” (Lady pompom, Erinyes, kira, Darky, Organizized, Elusia) x6
b) “Why did bride and groom break glasses after they drank champagne?” (Battou, Brandish, Shobu_Yoruichi, xi0, syx, Holt) x6
c) “Why are guests paying to dance with bride and groom?” (SirSamuel016, Gryffindor, Arjuna, Xadyu, GrySun, DiMaria Yesta, Vandred, Farfalla) x8
d) “It’s been 12 hours of eating, drinking and dancing and you still going to have the afterparty?!” (Zirconium, Seraph, Belserion, Totinona, Vici, Raven) x6
B and D sound pretty normal to me, and I can guess C at least.
I picture A having nothing to do with the wedding, but in the birthing room and the father is standing there with a fistful of salt in one hand and a loaf in the other, shouting “WELCOME!” when the baby comes into the world. And even though that’s not the case, that’s my reason for picking it.
“Why do bride and groom’s parents welcome their children with bread and salt?”
Before bride and groom enter the place of party, their parents welcome them with bread and salt. Newlyweds take a bit of bread, dip in the salt and eat. Bread is a symbol of wealth happy life and salt is a symbol of stability of the relationship.
“Why did bride and groom break glasses after they drank champagne?”
After newlyweds drink, they throw the glasses behind them (through the left arm without turning their heads back). The more glasses will break, the longer time newlyweds will spend with each other. If glasses won’t break, it groomsman’s duty to crush them with his feet. Sometimes newlyweds have to clean the mess they made – it’s their first task as husband and wife.
There might be minor changes in this tradition depending on region; sometimes breaking glasses happens right after welcoming with bread and salt, sometimes after all guests will enter the party place.
“Why are guests paying to dance with bride and groom?”
“Collecting for stroller” is one of wedding party activities. It takes only few minutes during which guests pay any amount of money and dance with bride or groom until next person come and pay. Not seen on every wedding party, activities depends on organizer and newlyweds will.
“It’s been 12 hours of eating, drinking and dancing and you still going to have the afterparty?!”
Wedding parties ends around 4-5. Later on the same day there’s afterparty called “poprawiny”. It’s the same as wedding party – guests eat, drink and dance, just shorter and not so crowdy
10. Since we talk about weddings, we have to say at least a word about vodka, right? 40% ABV alcohol can be seen on Polish tables on every occasion and if you’ll visit Polish house, you definitely will be asked, if you want to drink it. How much do you think you can drink?
a) no thanks, I prefer something weaker (Erinyes, GrySun, DiMaria Yesta, Belserion, syx, Totinona, Elusia) x7
b) 1-2 glasses (Shobu_Yoruichi, Seraph, Farfalla) x3
c) not more than 5 glasses (SirSamuel016, Arjuna, Organizized, Holt) x4
d) not more than 15 glasses (Brandish, kira, xi0, Vandred) x4
e) hey, the bottle’s empty, bring next one (Battou, Gryffindor, Darky, Xadyu, Vici, Raven) x6
f) I don’t drink (Lady pompom, Zirconium) x2
How many bottles are there in a glass? *hiccup* I'm pretty tolerant when it comes to alcohol, I can even drink more and better than most of the Polish people I know, and those actually drink 24/7. I haven't touched an alcoholic drink since 3 years now.. so maybe I should change the answer to c or d.
And i'm already at my Limit here I'm a lightweight when it comes to Drinking,yet that Image of my Limit always fades into the Background when there's a Night Out standing on on.
Honestly, probably not even that much because I’ve had too many horrible “vodka incidents” from situations like option E (almost died once) so I get queasy from just the smell... but I could probably down 5 glasses or so before having enough.
3rd place with 95 points: @Vici 2nd place with 97 points: @Gryffindor And the winner of the Sheep game #66 with 103 points is @GrySun Congratulations! Remember about our plan...
Not bad you guys really not bad,well played all 3 of you and i'm totally not Salty that i didn't make it that far...no not at all...not that i wanted to win this one and make one too for once...yeah i didn't have any plans like that at all...this loss doesn't hurt me...oh damn it:
And now i learn that @GrySun and @Linali have a Secret Plan? You know what:
Anyway Congratulations Gry for winning this Sheep game made by Lina,i really enjoyed playing it...Goodbye Upper Rankings...Hello Lower Rankings...again.
Dziękuje ci bardzo Linali. Naprawdę doceniam twój wysiłek.
It was fun to get some insight about Poland. Und herzlichen Glückwunsch an DAS DEUTSCHE REICH GrySun!
Seems like I can skip GrySun's Germany themed sheep. It would be unfair otherwise.