Movies - The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Discussion Thread! | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Discussion Thread!

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
I hear that there will be a new movie every summer starting in 2015...no specific amount of movies mentioned...
heard about that. rumor has it that there's going to be the new trilogy every 2 years from 2015 on and inbetween there'll be movies focusing on certain characters, Yoda and Boba Fett are most commonly speculated on I think.

as for the main characters of Star Wars, it doesn't really matter who the flesh and bone sidecast is or when it plays as long as C3PO and R2D2 are in :derp

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I know some stuff about the extended universe & read a few things as well.

In my opinion, Luke Skywalker is a boring character after the return of the jedi. He is the mighty jedi, almost no flaws & not so vulnerable to the dark side ... boring. Plus I don't want to see old Harrison Ford, old Mark Hamill & what's left of Carrie Fisher as main characters. It would be an error. I'm not against cameo appearances but that's it.

If they really want to do an other trilogy about a skywalker, do it after Cade Skywalker. That one is interesting. And as it is happening hunderds years after Luke's era, it would be a great reboot. Cade is closer to Han Solo than to the "Jedi" attitude & would be a great lead. Plus Darth Krayt could be an enjoyable movie vilain.

But, anyways, I don't see George Lucas bother at all about the extended universe. It will likely be an original story.
Well, that kinda depends on at what point in time the story is to take place. In the expanded universe it takes him more than a while to actually get a padawan and start his jedi academy.... Honestly though, I wouldn't mind seeing a movie about luke jumpstarting the jedi order and finding its place in the universe after the galaxy spent 20 years without jedis. Other than that I can't imagine luke doing much in the movie other than sitting as the head of the jedi council or something. Hamil has aged horribly, even the prospect of seeing him in a lightsaber duel is terrible. Of course, a movie about luke jumpstarting the jedi order would have to feature a different luke from hamil.

Ford is older now but he hasn't aged as badly as the others... I wouldn't mind seeing him kick some ass in the movie. I wonder how disney would play that out. Ideally solo ended up with leia so perhaps it would be interesting to see how a badass uncultured rebel smuggler made his relationship with a well bred refined diplomatic princess work. Or perhaps the twist will be that it actually did not work out because they were incompatible in every regard but did have a badass kid to take over the solo's role.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I feel like Disney is about to poop on my childhood. The prequels were bad enough.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, disney has done a pretty good job with the marvel universe so far and while some people do feel the movies are not all that great most people do enjoy them. Specially the iron man ones.... I don't think we know enough just yet to have reasons to believe significant childhood pooping will occur. Disney spent 4 billion on the franchise, I don't think they would give the go ahead to any movie if it was really terrible. I guess they could miss but I don't think Disney missing with a movie is that common an occurrence. At least not the majority....

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would love it if they adopted something along these lines...

:hmm

Last edited by a moderator:

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a deep, forboding feeling about this. Abrams is going to write with Kasdan now. A part of me wonders if Abrams will try to reinvent a formula that doesn't need to be?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, the series does need some change from what it was to make some sense today. It does need to preserve the things which make star wars, well, star wars while at the same time be something appealing today. They need at least vast improvements over the prequel trilogy. They can't have more jar jars, they need to have better written plots and storylines (anakin going to the dark side still makes remarkably little sense), and they definitely need significantly improved lightsaber fights (disney can't have random people on youtube outdoing them when making lightsaber fights as lucasfilm did). If there is a mace windu film, he definitely needs to utter the words "motherf****r" at least once too (ok, that doesn't need to happen and it certainly won't but how awesome would it be?).