Theory The Succession War will NEVER end

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't mean the manga itself will not end.
I think it will end though not anytime soon.

What I do mean is that the Succession War
will NEVER be resolved but the story WILL.

How the hell would that happen when only one of the 14 Kakin Princes can survive?

My theory is that there are loopholes in the
rules or rather will be so that TECHNICALLY all but one Kakin Prince did not "survive".

First Prince Benjamin will "die" but will
somehow get switched with "Basilimico"
who was already swapped with Halkenberg

Second Prince Camilla "died" when she was shot in the head but her nen ability with the cat brought her back to life.

Third Prince Zheng Lei will die but the coins
are actually nen tokens for a "new game"

Fourth Prince Tserriednich will NEVER die
because I think he will suffer the Zobae

Fifth Prince Tsueppa is really a clone

Sixth Prince Tyson will "die" when she and
her followers go to "the afterlife" according to the Taithon Chronicles

Seventh Prince Luzurus will die

Eight Prince Sale Sale is dead

Ninth Prince Halkenberg is technically dead

Tenth Prince Kacho died trying to escape
but her likeness was brought back with
the nen beast

Eleventh Prince Fugetsu will die but will
be able to use her ability to escape death
and bring back Kacho

Twelth Prince Momozoe is dead

Thirteenth Prince Maryam will not die

Fourteenth Prince Woble will no longer be a prince because Kurapika adopts her.

Of course it won't go exactly like that but
I think there be a lot of bending the rules
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah but no...

The point is, I think many people have misunderstood the contest.

It is literally a Succession Constest. Not a survival contest.

The Princes get judged by their abilities as successors. All of them have to die, hence why there are 14 coffins. I think they automatically die at the end of the journey, should they survive until then. The one most qualified will then be ressurected by the collected Nen from the machine. The machine picks the successor, and it is probably tied to the other artifacts that Chrollo wants to steal.

I think Luzurus will the the one to rise up again, because it will be revealed that the First King of Kakin who started all this mess was a giant pothead. ;)
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah but no...

The point is, I think many people have misunderstood the contest.

It is literally a Succession Constest. Not a survival contest.

The Princes get judged by their abilities as successors. All of them have to die, hence why there are 14 coffins. I think they automatically die at the end of the journey, should they survive until then. The one most qualified will then be ressurected by the collected Nen from the machine. The machine picks the successor, and it is probably tied to the other artifacts that Chrollo wants to steal.

I think Luzurus will the the one to rise up again, because it will be revealed that the First King of Kakin who started all this mess was a giant pothead. ;)
Yeah I know those are the rules but I just don't think Togashi will necessarily play by the rules or at least not in the way we think.

I think Togashi clearly loves puzzles but he also is an out of the box type thinker
You could be right and they all die but
I think there is a bigger purpose to the Succession War than what it seems now.

I don't believe Togashi has been putting in all of this time and effort just to wrap it up tidy
before moving onto the dark continent.

I think the Succession War will continue on
to the Dark Continent somehow
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
Yeah but no...

The point is, I think many people have misunderstood the contest.

It is literally a Succession Constest. Not a survival contest.

The Princes get judged by their abilities as successors. All of them have to die, hence why there are 14 coffins. I think they automatically die at the end of the journey, should they survive until then. The one most qualified will then be ressurected by the collected Nen from the machine. The machine picks the successor, and it is probably tied to the other artifacts that Chrollo wants to steal.

I think Luzurus will the the one to rise up again, because it will be revealed that the First King of Kakin who started all this mess was a giant pothead. ;)
It's pretty clear the 14th Coffin is for Nasbui. Either way it won't matter since this SW will fail and be the last one.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's pretty clear the 14th Coffin is for Nasbui. Either way it won't matter since this SW will fail and be the last one.
I don't think so, all of the coffins are the same, they must be for the same entities.
And I also don't think it will fail, because that is not a good story. The machine is Chekhov's gun, obviously it will be used.

You have to think about it from this angle:

The Seed Urn Ritual and everything connected to it is a Nen ability, it is an Hatsu created by the First King of Kakin centuries ago. It is easy to deduce that the purpose of this ability is to maintain Kakin. He set it up so that it would continue to exist.

If we go through the candidates:

Benjamin & Camilla are fascist wannabe military dictators.
Tserriednich is a psycho who lost control of his mafia family.
Tubeppa & Halkenburg are reformers that want to change Kakin.
Tyson & Salé-Salé are idiots.
Kacho, Fugetsu, Momoze, Marayam & Woble are minors.

The only Princes that actually support Kakin in the sense of what Kakin is, are Zhang Lei & Luzurus.
However, many including myself have a feeling that there is going to be something really nasty about Zhang Lei.

Luzurus is literally the status quo.
 
Top