TV The Television Show Thread

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Just watched the final episode of beauty & the nerd (season 2). Liked season one more with that crazy richard :D
 

JeffDoogins

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Hermie said:
Futurama, Simpsons, Family Guy, Friends, That 70's Show, Lost and Prison Break are all necessary components for the world to go around.
agreed...

with that i'd like to add,

The chasers War On Everything
The NRL Footy Show
Bro Town
Pulp Sport
American Dad (sometimes)
South Park
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Television Show Thread!

destinator said:
well ok i start with ... xD

Ok seriously my advice for you is that if just got it you should spend a lot of time watching it. After that spend enough time on season 2 so that when you're finished with watching season 2 you instantly can continue watching season 3 at tv or from the torrent...

The second final was a torture of 2h with a million new questions that wont be answered before season 1xxx and well you got 1 answer for some of the "mysteries" of lost...I know that they want people to see season 3 but that way really pissed me off :(
I do plan on trying to catch up to the latest season since I have a lot of friends watching it. Will the season 2 set be out this summer though? That'd help me a lot...
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

the simpsons jumped the shark so long ago. I used to be such a big fan.

A show that i am checking out now is Rescue me on FX. In the span of a few minutes of that show, 1) a woman beat her girlfriend visciously 2) a woman attempted suicide and 3) a child got run over by a car and left for dead. That is some excitement folks. (not that i condone any of those actions)
 

CheckMate

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
488
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Eileen said:
I love 24 as well. Jack Bauer the agent, trying to save President America, save the world, save this and that in 24 hours. Too bad my TV only shows up to season 1 when we knew that Nina Kratz was the villian behind the whole president assasination attempt and the kidnapping of Jack's daughter and wife. After that, no more.... I knew that recently, it was about a virus trading?? A kind of virus that could kill a lot a lot of people? Cant be too sure. Of course, these are not too spoilerish I suppose. :p

Friends is also amazing and I do prefer CSI NY and Miami over LV
24 - second season: terrorist threat in the NY or Washington (or wherever :p)
23 - third season : yeah something about bio-chemical weapon

and Friends,oh my i love this series very much, i collect (well, my little brother actually) it from 1st season to 10th season (finish)


anyway have u watched Prison Break EileeN? it's pretty cool too :)
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Man, you guys want to turn me into a TV junkie, bringing up all these names. I traditionally am not much of a TV-watcher. However, lately, I've found myself doing it more in my spare time (which might be a bad thing).

Back in the days, I did watch some of <i>The Simpsons</i>, and, due to my father, got stuck watching <i>South Park</i> here and there - more for the satire rather than the gross stuff. My father has a disgustingly funny sense of humor. :p

Recently, I watch <i>House</i>, but although some of the myseterious illnesses are quite fun to figure out, some of the rag-tag ideas, inconsistent characterization, and simply incorrect medical procedures makes me go *squick.* Especially when the doctors put on suits and go directly themselves to investigate contaminated, roped off areas. Uh...govt. duties anyone? NOT the normal physicians' job. @.@

Awhile back, I watched the series <i>Into the West</i>, which I loved even though I never got to see all of it. ;_; It makes me sad. It also gets me into a philosophizing mood. I get so sentimental watching it. "Why Mom, why? *sniffle* People are people - <i>why</i> do they act that way? People are people are people are people...."

I want to see all of <i>Lonesome Dove</i>... *sighs* If only I knew someone who could loan it to me. I liked what I saw of it. The characters were loveable.

Most of the time, though, I'm a big dork and wind up watching Discovery Health Channel. I adore <i>Mystery Diagnosis</i> and <i>Medical Incredible</i> the most.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Television Show Thread!

i just got scrubs first season on dvd. i love that show! its so friggin funny!

other great shows, Lost. it just gets better and better. i mean its about a bunch of people stuck on an island but you dont
give a damn about a rescue. its not even in the plot. it was for the first like 6 episodes but not anymore. now its all good stuff
instead.

prison break. man that was good! when i first heard about it i was like: "what do you mean he got the blueprints as a tattoo? thats just stupid"
but hey it wasnt. in fact it was really smart. and the story is just great. the whole conspiracy thing and so on. but a second season????
i dont want to sound negative but i cant imagine what that will be like... very weird
 

Verena

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
59
Reaction score
3
Re: The Television Show Thread!

destinator said:
Does anybody like Lost xD? I like it but the second season final was.... xD
I'd be lost without it! "Lost" is pretty cool. We've just started the second season in the U.K. and every week you end up switching off the the T.V looking like this: :blink

How many series are there meant to be?
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Verena said:
How many series are there meant to be?
ive heard something about seven seasons in total but im not sure
 

Verena

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
59
Reaction score
3
Re: The Television Show Thread!

:o

HOW CAN YOU HAVE SEVEN SERIES?!

*dies*
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Television Show Thread!

hpefully they will all be as great as the first two... trust me youre in for a ride with season 2!
 

Verena

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
59
Reaction score
3
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Dude, my head hurts everytime I finish watching, lol.

Anyone here like Wife Swap?

Yayz, 20 posts ^0^
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Television Show Thread!

no clue? whats wife swap?
 

Verena

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
59
Reaction score
3
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Wife Swap is where two families swap Mothers. It's brilliant. Usually, in the British version they pair up soemone really, really common with someone rather posh. You just sit back and watch the sparks fly. The American version is funnier, though. They usually pair some highly religious people with non-religious, gay or lesbian couples. Ahhh, wonderful cheap T.V.

Anyone follow Big Brother?
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Television Show Thread!

OMG I always thought that this wife swap thing was an idea of a stupid german producer xD damn no offence but I think its rather dumb. Most of them end up crying and stuff like that. But if you like it (same for BB)... (:


And I really hope their wont be 7 seasons of Lost, or at least that they will change the style of storytelling. Its okay that you need to develop everything but the 2nd season is just a crap of 24 episodes with a million questions and like no answers...(especially the season final was a huge dissapointment in case of "I want ansers now").
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

des said:
especially the season final was a huge dissapointment in case of "I want ansers now").
but that's what keep the viewers coming back to watch season 3 neh? i'm not much for serials...don't have the patience. like des...i just want to skip ahead to see the ending and the AnSWers! when my friends chat about the latest Jap/Korean serials (a bit like "Dynasty", "The bold and the beautiful" except usually shorter)...i'm totally 'lost' after the first 2 episodes. i just wait until it nears the end to find out who died...who lived and who had whose baby :smile-big no offence to drama serial lovers out there.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Brede said:
but that's what keep the viewers coming back to watch season 3 neh?
sure it is...but i think its possible to give answers in a season final and also put new questions into the head of the viewer
the only question that got answered in the final was why the plane crashed...thats nothing for watching a 2h final >.<
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Count me as a new Lost diehard fan. My dad's always been a fan of Lost, so I got for him the first season DVD set for his birthday a couple of months ago, and watched it with him the last week. Loved it. I wish the second season set was already out (I checked and it's not out until October 6th T_T ).

Seven seasons - sounds fun. If that's true, it probably means they have the whole story planned out from season 1 to the last season. Shouldn't be any letdown, hopefully. I like the characters enough that I think it'll be good.

As for Wife Swap, Big Brother, etc, sorry, the only reality shows I watch are Survivor and The Amazing Race. ;)
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

i think i saw Wife Swap a bit before.. but it was mean..
they put a poor african american mommy into a super rich japanese family..
she was struggling to eat raw fishies...and she's shocked when she saw how much they have to pay for that... (at a super high class japanese restaurant.. about several hundreds of dollars for 5 people)
she made a comment that that would feed her family for a year..

big brother... it sickens me now..
only an excuse to put sex and nudity on screen..
or maybe it's just the australian big brother.. i haven't seen the american one..

i'm watching Mythbusters, supernatural, medium, tru calling..
just watched an episode of tru calling last night very very very sad :(

used to watch all sorts of law and orders, csi, ncis etc..
was good.. but there's a lot of em.. my fave is Criminal Intent... Detective Goren? or Goran?
until i can't keep up with them and the piling assignments.. i decided to quit it..
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Television Show Thread!

karasu said:
i'm watching Mythbusters, supernatural, medium, tru calling..
just watched an episode of tru calling last night very very very sad :(
too sad they canceled true calling in the 2nd season...still I liked it too.
 
Top