Discussion - The Ten Commandments | Page 37 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Ten Commandments

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
That was the page.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
He in-hindsight did not have Pacifism. He had a commandment and thus was immune to it affect. That leaves Patience and Repose.
sorry to ask another question FKS. But, what does the Kanji for those two names read or translate to? Is there meaning implied by the names so as to guess their meaning by that? Given symbolism and his near empty state. Repose seems likely.
Patience is 忍耐 (nintai, also endurance, preserverance) and Repose is 安息 (ansoku, also rest). They're pretty much normal words.
The first one is comprised of kanjis for endurance/conceal/sneak and for endurance/resistance, and the second has the kanjis for relax/quiet/cheap and for breath.
Also, if Mel had a commandment then he had to be subjected to its effect if it activated.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Why did Meliodas bring up Zeldris being alright without his Commandment since their useless against the Archangels?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Why did Meliodas bring up Zeldris being alright without his Commandment since their useless against the Archangels?
He is worried and the Archangels are not the only ones against them. Merlin specifically said that they considered the danger of Piety when they chose this team. Piety is hax. If Arthur was not immune for some reason he would have lost much sooner.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
He is worried and the Archangels are not the only ones against them. Merlin specifically said that they considered the danger of Piety when they chose this team. Piety is hax. If Arthur was not immune for some reason he would have lost much sooner.
Piety was also drawn as the largest out of all the commandments. Which has to mean something.

JOA20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought about that panel as well, but I believe three of the symbols have yet to be identified. Besides the one you mentioned, there's the spiral one and the one in the lower right corner. Iirc, the commandments whose symbols we don't know are Love, Piety and Faith.
We've seen Piety though (https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U5uFwUsI...vfjk1AHdSBCEtzngPtNoGuN8bQXQCHMYCw/s0/002.png) Zeldris stated himself that one of those is Piety. It's also specifically the biggest drawn commandment in the picture I showed you.

we also know it's Piety since the other four have been Identify as Gowther, Droles and Gloxinia commandment (https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yalvMu2C...DSlOCYDh1zPoJLG_dOkv0OqldsVgCHMYCw/s0/012.png) along with Grayroads. (https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y90nyaB3...6ynSNoCNnXlGGy8DHqSGBFR_G8egCHMYCw/s0/016.png)

So we know what Piety looks like.

also for Faith given the symbolism it is quite clearly that spiral like looking commandment. Leaving the one on the lower right to be love by process of elimination.

JOA20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
We've seen Piety though (https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U5uFwUsI...vfjk1AHdSBCEtzngPtNoGuN8bQXQCHMYCw/s0/002.png) Zeldris stated himself that one of those is Piety. It's also specifically the biggest drawn commandment in the picture I showed you.

we also know it's Piety since the other four have been Identify as Gowther, Droles and Gloxinia commandment (https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yalvMu2C...DSlOCYDh1zPoJLG_dOkv0OqldsVgCHMYCw/s0/012.png) along with Grayroads. (https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y90nyaB3...6ynSNoCNnXlGGy8DHqSGBFR_G8egCHMYCw/s0/016.png)

So we know what Piety looks like.

also for Faith given the symbolism it is quite clearly that spiral like looking commandment. Leaving the one on the lower right to be love by process of elimination.
Yeah, you're right. About Piety having something special, I dunno. If it was the decree given to the leader of the Ten Commandments, I'd agree, but Meliodas didn't have Piety, since it was in Calmadios' possession.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, you're right. About Piety having something special, I dunno. If it was the decree given to the leader of the Ten Commandments, I'd agree, but Meliodas didn't have Piety, since it was in Calmadios' possession.
Given how Piety works and Meliodas raw. It's given too the most loyal and not most powerful despite being the strongest commandment. (Also Meliodas ruthlessness might have made such a commandment pointless.)

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Given how Piety works and Meliodas raw. It's given too the most loyal and not most powerful despite being the strongest commandment. (Also Meliodas ruthlessness might have made such a commandment pointless.)
Actually would've been the perfect Commandment for him giving his reputation. Either you become a slave to the demon clan or get killed by Meliodas.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I just realized something. In the manga, after Fraudrin is freed from the Pleiades by Grayroad, the former attacks the group with intent to kill despite having no decree and therefore not having any immunity to Pacifism. Alongside the fact that he mentioned his decree returning to Gowther after his death, it makes it seem like some sort of plothole Nakaba either didn't plan thoroughly or just planned and dropped it at some point. Dunno, it just doesn't add up.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just realized something. In the manga, after Fraudrin is freed from the Pleiades by Grayroad, the former attacks the group with intent to kill despite having no decree and therefore not having any immunity to Pacifism. Alongside the fact that he mentioned his decree returning to Gowther after his death, it makes it seem like some sort of plothole Nakaba either didn't plan thoroughly or just planned and dropped it at some point. Dunno, it just doesn't add up.
It is a plot hole as far as I'm concerned. Fraudrin would have obviously screwed himself 9 ways to Sunday had he actually killed one of them. Then the whole Gowther thing was clearly leading to Gowther regaining his memories that way rather than what we got. People say he was lying to get the Pledias off his back, but that really wouldn't matter as they would've killed him anyway seeing as he was a demon. Nothing came of the "lie" anyway. Gowther got imprisoned very briefly, it was implied his memory returned and he got the Commandment back (which clearly isn't the case), then nothing came of it. All of that was just forgotten.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The only bit about that that doesn't make sense to me is fraudrin attempting to kill the pleiades. As for the rest, to me it makes sense that fraudrin simply lied. He probably said his commandment would return to gowther if he died because he didn't want them to know he didn't have one. As for trying to kill them next to greyroad.... there is no explanation to that so far.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
He probably said his commandment would return to gowther if he died because he didn't want them to know he didn't have one.
Why would it matter though? He already admitted he was an understudy and they would've killed him either way.