Year Round The Tennis Thread

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Tennis Thread

I MISSED the whole game. Got stuck in traffic b/c of a thunder that fell like tons of trees on the street so i sat in traffic for 3hours.... turned off the radio and listened to some cd's so that i wouldn't hear the outcome of the game cuz i wanted to watch it later on when i got home (recorded it luckily.)
The first thing i hear when i get home -
"WHAT A GAME, SAD RODDICK DIDN'T WIN.. YOU HEARD ALL ABOUT IT ON THE RADIO??"

I wanted to punch him >.>
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Tennis Thread

Awww it was a great game, shame you missed it...
There wasn't much between both players all through the 3hours+, the only thing is Federer just got stuck in there even though he hadn't broken Roddick til the very last game of the match.

It was great to have seen him win, but it's a shame Roddick lost cos he definetly played his part in that match, t'was an amazing performance, one of his best ever.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Tennis Thread

Aww, you think it's worth watching it now even though I know the outcome? I mean, if it was that good with some great battles between them...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Tennis Thread

well you could watch the highlight so you get a gist of what happened but it's too long and wasn't as entertaining...
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Tennis Thread

I'll browse youtube for it then!

Hope Soderling will do better next time tournament :( Early draft vs federer ;/ Shudda be playing him in semis imo. He would've beaten Haas.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Tennis Thread

Yeah I think with him now, the match is won and lost on a psychological level before they even get on the court. You can just tell by watching certain players that they're not as concentrated as the other player.

But Federer is taking some time off now, I think winning the French and Wimbledon back to back has taken a lot outta him, so I'm guessing he'll only play about 2-3 tournaments before US Open; if that...
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: The Tennis Thread

with Nadal out of the pitch, Federrer can win every game
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Tennis Thread

Yeah, I hope he recovers properly and that this injury doesn't become a recurence; the game needs someone like him.
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: The Tennis Thread

it's not the first time he have knee problems, i hope it will stop
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Tennis Thread

I hope roddick plays against nadal and shoot a serve in nadal's face... ;< I don't like him. Prefer feddy
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: The Tennis Thread

Nadal is a good role model as a person
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Tennis Thread

Really? I like Nadal cos he's very different to Federer; it reminds me a bit of the difference between Neji and Lee; one is a born genius and the other is a hardworking genius. Nadal isn't as gracious on the court as Federer but through sheer hard work he's become an awesome player.

there was an article on the difference between Nadal and Federer's game that better explains what I'm trying to say. When I find it, I'll post he link :)
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: The Tennis Thread

Who says Nadal isn't good? He is excellent. Obviously I think Federer owns anyone in Tennis, Federer plays so swiftly and flawlessly. One thing I like about him is that he doesn't loose his temper unlike many others do.

Anyway what a shame Blai, Roddick and Federer match was good but it wasn't good as the final last year. In this final they "served" their way out of the game, meaning they won the sets and games through mostly serves.

Roddick is excellent at his serves, he gave Federer a hard time. But same with Federer, in my opinion Federer serves better then Roddick because he puts more spin and magic into his serves unlike Roddick's which is pure strength.

Federer wasn't tired compared to the last year's final. That final was jaw dropping I tell ya, I wanted Federer to win so much, he was so close but Nadal won it through not giving up. I liked it when Nadal was jumping of the roof when he won it. :lmao
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The Tennis Thread

That was probably the best tennis match I had ever seen. It lasted so long, I remember cos it was during the preparation for my sister's wedding; everyone stopped what they were doing to watch the match...I was happy that Nadal had finally won Wimbledon but it was sad seeing him taking it away from Federer as it had become his home.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Tennis Thread

Yeah that game was truly one of the best games I've ever seen!
I can also remember the men's double in the olympics that lasted for like 5hours or something. Think it was the finals and Sweden played... anywho it was the best game I've ever seen, sat with some friends and we were dying, screaming on every ball from like the ninth gem in the last set and it ended after like 20gems so we kinda died. :wtf
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: The Tennis Thread

Yeah same down here in the UK. Me and my mates couldn't gasping everytime it became a tie last year because it was so close. Everyone was like ARGH! come on someone make a mistake LOL I had a bet placed with one of my friends between Nadal and Federer, I obviously chose Federer and I lost *weep weep*. It was £40 I lost.

And just to piss me off (in a good way) he bought himself tennis rackets :lmao
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The Tennis Thread

Did anyone watch the Davis cup doubles matches today?

Also results.

Croatia 2-1 USA. I think Croatia is going to take this one.

Czech republic 2-1 Argentina. I don`t know about this one, but I think Argentina will come back and win it.

Spain 2-1 Germany. Spain will win no problem.

Israel 3-0 Russia. Israel is through to the semi-final.
 
Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Tennis Thread

I never really follow davis cup..i do know Latvia is up..which is good because one of the wins was from Gulbis
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: The Tennis Thread

I'm thinking of purchasing a new tennis racquet, my current one is like 7 years old. I'm considering buying a certain "Prince" racquet (quite economical and efficient) but any other ideas on a specific tennis racquet (not just the brand)?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Tennis Thread

I don't like Prince... I'm using (and have always used) Head. It's pretty economical too I think, not too expensive in Sweden but on the contrary they are really good, you CAN throw them in the net or on the ground when you get pissed off because someone shot an IMPOSSIBLE slice from the base line... oh nvm... I'm using Head Mg.Carbon 900.... It's a couple of years old, like two or three but I think it's still available out there and for around 85$ I think... I got something like that when I googled the racquet...

It's a pretty long racquet, pretty light too.. It's not as wide as all other racquets but the height is great for smashing and serving... It's also good when you're getting out-played, i.e. x person is pumping against your base-line both left and right and you're running between because it's easier to reach them with that racquet..

What prince racquet did you think of buying?
 
Top