Rafael Nadal (1) def Roger Federer (3) 7-5 7-6 5-7 6-1
The first three sets were so intense! I started watching 20 minutes into the game, and at that point Nadal was losing 1-3, but shortly after he rebounded and at one point one
7 games in a row! He broke Federer when Federer was serving for the set (5-3 to Federer), so really, kudos to him. He might have had an easier time closing the second set if the rain and the play suspension hadn't interfered.
All in all, the match was very good, excellent play from both players!

Rafa really chases any ball down, you can't get rid of him - like the commentator on the channel I was watching it on, he's like a rash

Federer did very well, too, but I guess it just wasn't good enough. Too many unforced errors as well. And I guess clay just isn't his thing... On the other hand, with Rafa nailing his 6th Roland Garros title, he truly is the king of clay
So, it looks like Rafa holds on to his #1 rank, at least for now~ He should probably thank Federer for taking care of Djokovic in the semis though, or he might not have been able to defend the championship.