I'm translating Open Sesame, but I didn't get the raws for the next volume yet ^^" maybe if I'll remind Kunno that'll remind BadAndy I'll know the situation better.
About the question about the secret, yes, the mangaka is definitely dragging the secret too much, but in the next couple of chapters another part of the secret will be revealed, and it's kinda becomes more and more understandable what it is ^^"
About how I learned my japanese, well, mostly was from the net, that's why I still do stupid mistakes with hard places, but as I translate more my experience from things gets better and better, I started off with a net teacher (that was in some channel I was and offered to teach japanese to people who are serious), but when he told me to learn the Hiragana chart in a week, I was too lazy back than, and than I learned a little from my friend who learned his japanese from books, but now it seems like I don't yet remember the 5 levels of a godan by their japanese name because of that ^^" and after that I got myself a book, I myself don't remember how deep I got into the book. The next level was reading from some sites on the net (Espacially japanese.about.com) and in the end I used some voice japanese program to advance some more, but when I understood it's not that of a good Idea, I stopped it too ^^" And than I just started translating. That's all, I guess. I myself hope that when I'll get my driving license (and with much look it'll be this year) I can get a private teacher and finish all of what I've started, mainly all of the other parts (except reading) I still can't do so well ^^" But like I said, first I need my driving license.