The ThE WoRm thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The ThE WoRm thread

ThE WoRm

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
ano... jaa... maa... saa...

i don't really know what i'm suppose to write here, but let there be a topic of that sort here
(the name of the topic sounds bad, isn't it?)

well, i'm ranked as a translator here after all.

so you can say what you want here, questions and stuffs, i guess...

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States
So what manga do you normally do translations for?

:amuse

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel
well, i started today to do weekly for es21 (with es21 192) and i do open sesame (but the chapters where i started tling haven't been release yet) and i did 666 satan a while ago, waiting for fnuck to come back to see what's up with that proj.

i did some enchanter and get beckers, but i do it no more now ^^"

and that's about it, for now, anyways

Miso

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
How did you come into the Manga and Anime "scene"?

What do you like better?

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel
okay.
i first came into anime, i'm still young, only 17.5 years old, i came into anime with pokemon when i was about 10 or 11, that time we had it subbed in our kids channel here in israel.
the next that came was dragon ball z, with that, i missed some chapters, so i learned how to download. when yugiou came, i already downloaded it beforehand (still in english dubbed those days) and like that i started watching kenshin, and started watching yugiou in japanese, that's how i started anime.

well, manga, i guess i started manga with hikaru no go, i wanted to know how it ended, so i read the last vols (which were really good to my taste) and then, with naruto and bleach, i got bored of waiting to the new anime chaps, so i started reading the manga, and then i started watching es21, and started reading es21 manga, that's how i learned about stoptazmo, and then lurk, and then mangahelpers.

after the last three months, i've changed my liking from anime, because it has more motion and stuff to manga, for some reasons, it's easier to get, it's usually more advanced than the manga, it's always written by the original writter (like FMA, which anime ended differently) and when you get used to it, you can even feel the motion. the black and white scene give more place to your imagination. after all you find people so surprised to find out that hachi's hair is pink (from bleach), most of the people including me thought he would have white hair, i guess ^^" (not to forget there is more place to interpertrate lines of people, like, what's the tone and stuff, i guess you can say imagination as a whole)

well, i'm really the talktive guy i see, hope that answers your questions.

vlado

Reaction score
what language are you gonna translate from ? :D jap?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
its the only way to translate 666 satan and eyeshield right about now....

What are your favorite series? and what kind of series do you like to translate?(or is it just shonen jump type titles)

vlado

Reaction score
Well chinise to....

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

siegfried

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Did you say open sasame?Man it hasnt been updated for ages.Umm do you have any idea when will be the next Edited Manga ready?(I guess you made the translations for animewaves)

and how many chapters did you translate?

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Vlado -
okay, to answer you all, i translate from japanese, yes.

NeoShweaty -
currently i love es21 the best, and i don't have any prefernce when it comes to shounen/shoujo and etc, i love most of the things i've seen or read, if it's published in gangan, SJ, or ribbon (or zipper :P)
open sesame is no shounen last time i checked, i tl whatever i'm asked to tl from kunno (i'm the obident type, huh? :P), and i can tl about anything that is in my level of knowledge.

siegfried -
last time i've heard, they are tsing it now (v12) don't know when it'll be released, not something they tell me ^^" (kunno is the one that talks with AW), i translate from the second chapter of v12, i think it's 53 to 60, which is the end of v13, i finished my tlation for v13 today or so ^^"

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
ohh, i didnt see open sesame. That is why i thought it was only shonen stuff.

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Yes, it's not that of a familliar manga series like bleach, naruto or es21, but i still love it.

If there is something I want to try and translate once, it's the last 2 volumes of kare kano, because i just can't wait for tokyopop to release them (it takes years, I'm starting to wonder how long does it take to translate and edit a volume when you're getting paid for it...).

I'm not used to reading manga in japanese, I mean I translate from it, but rarely do I read it as raw, just because of convineince, I guess ^^" (reading in english is faster than reading in jap for me)

siegfried

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I am confused.is open sasame shoujo?than ichigo %100 and I"s must be shoujo too.I didnt know that.

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Well, I'm not sure about the definition... ^^"
Comedy, Romance, Sports
Those are the genres for open sesame, it's not shoujo but it's not shounen.
And I'll never call Ichigo 100% shoujo, because it has so many panty shots that it becomes a guy's thing more than a girl's thing.

gauty44

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
well, id like to say thanks to The Worm, i just finished Open Sesame's 52 chapters yesterday and i was really looking forward to Volume 12+. SO you mean to say that all of volume 13 is already done and release is pending? Also is it an ongoing series like One Piece and Naruto or is it done and AW is still working on it? Thx in advance, and I really appreciate your translation for the series!

ThE WoRm

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Well, it's still on going, i don't really know when it'll end, i hope it'll end soon, you know, not to be too long :P maybe with the developements in v13 there are going to be about 16 volums.
AW is still doing it, i hope it'll be out soon too.

gauty44

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just another quick question, since many people in AW say its still ongoing (the mangaka is still drawing for it) does it appear on the Weekly Shonen Jump as well? Also you said 12 is on its way (does that mean Edited Manga is on progress?) cuz that might take a while, putting words on the pages....Thx for the clarification! Is there a section for OS in mangahelpers?

Oh and whats the latest chapter done by the mangaka (since its still ongoing)? and how often is it released?

BadAndy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
volume 12 is already being done, of course, you already read a chapter!
the rest of the volume is underway and being edited.
volume 13, i actually dont have the scripts yet, i'll be getting it and having editors work on it asap too though.
volume 14...i dont have the raws yet :P

gauty44

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey BadAndy, when you said "volume 12 is already being done, of course, you already read a chapter!" whaddya mean because the last chapter i read was of volume 11, 52 and I didn't see a Ch 53 anywhere?! Also, how many chapters are in volume 12 and 13?