The adaptation of the Trost battle reminded me some things and I have a theory about the titan serum.
I think it's a drug which permits become a titan-shifter but has a secondary effect which makes you dreaming.
When Eren used his titan powers for the first time, he was dreaming about titan slaughtering(one of his fondest dreams), the second time he was unconscious and was dreaming about his family(with his mother still alive). We can interpret that Eren wanted to live a peaceful live with his family but the titans were an hindrance, it's probably one of the reason why compared to the 2 others MC, he was acting like a jerk who didn't care about his family.
Now, why did Grisha use this serum on Eren? Because he knew Eren is the human who wants to kill titans the most( he represents all the hatred of the humans), so he would have obviously killed titans in a battle. And some clever humans(like Armin) would have tried to use him as a weapon.
In fact, it's because he wants to eradicate the titans so much that he has been sparred by the Legion. Another titan-shifter would have probably acted like Eren during his 2nd transformation( going berserk and killing anything that moves while making a peaceful dream).
The serum functions like this:
1-Dreams motivated by hatred and destruction-> The titan destroys what his user wants.
2-Peaceful dreams-> The titan destroys everything.
So, when the titan-shifter abuses of his power...he confuses his dreams with the reality. It would mean that
I think it's a drug which permits become a titan-shifter but has a secondary effect which makes you dreaming.
When Eren used his titan powers for the first time, he was dreaming about titan slaughtering(one of his fondest dreams), the second time he was unconscious and was dreaming about his family(with his mother still alive). We can interpret that Eren wanted to live a peaceful live with his family but the titans were an hindrance, it's probably one of the reason why compared to the 2 others MC, he was acting like a jerk who didn't care about his family.
Now, why did Grisha use this serum on Eren? Because he knew Eren is the human who wants to kill titans the most( he represents all the hatred of the humans), so he would have obviously killed titans in a battle. And some clever humans(like Armin) would have tried to use him as a weapon.
In fact, it's because he wants to eradicate the titans so much that he has been sparred by the Legion. Another titan-shifter would have probably acted like Eren during his 2nd transformation( going berserk and killing anything that moves while making a peaceful dream).
The serum functions like this:
1-Dreams motivated by hatred and destruction-> The titan destroys what his user wants.
2-Peaceful dreams-> The titan destroys everything.
So, when the titan-shifter abuses of his power...he confuses his dreams with the reality. It would mean that
Reiner and Bertolt are actually mentally ill and that the Ape Titan can't make them return to their village. Especially Reiner who has a split personality now. When you think about it's pretty unrealistic to think that the Ape Titan could do that.
I want to say that they are mentally ill and that they are actually fighting for nothing. It would make sense with all the illogical things they said. I remember Reiner said one time that he would never be able to return to his hometown.
They were probably guinea pigs which destroyed themselves their hometown(tragic I know). I remember Bertolt said he didn't remember anything about the destruction of his village. Him and Reiner were probably unconscious and when they regained consciousness, they glimpsed the Ape Titan and were delirious. Which led them to think that the Ape Titan could make them return to their country.
I want to say that they are mentally ill and that they are actually fighting for nothing. It would make sense with all the illogical things they said. I remember Reiner said one time that he would never be able to return to his hometown.
They were probably guinea pigs which destroyed themselves their hometown(tragic I know). I remember Bertolt said he didn't remember anything about the destruction of his village. Him and Reiner were probably unconscious and when they regained consciousness, they glimpsed the Ape Titan and were delirious. Which led them to think that the Ape Titan could make them return to their country.
Last edited:
I WANNA KILL TITAAAAAAANS".