The tora-chan thread

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Just wanted to say congrats on getting your Edited Manga site up, and great work on your first project! (Good choice too -- it was hilarious!) :kkthumbs
 

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Thank you~! :3

We wanted to release more stuff, but March has been surprisingly busy for me x_x Hopefully we'll be able to finish 2 other doujinshi within April... >_<
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hey, happy birthday tora-chan!!! Hope you have a great day!!!
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Yep happy B-day indeed :ossu!!! Hope you have a great day :)
 

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Thank you~~~ :glomp

I hope I'll have a... normal day. That alone would be great~ :pleased

Kisses :nod
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Normal day??? Why just a normal day??
 

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Because where I currently live I have no RL friends, so I wouldn't be able to do much anyway~ :sweatdrop There aren't places I would like to go to either... :s I'll just stay home and relax :) And do the laundry :darn And translate/edit/draw/write something :nuts Hmmm I think I'm unable to just relax and do nothing... XDDD

Anyway, I will be seeing some friends on Friday, so I guess I'll celebrate then~ :D We'll go see this expo in my hometown, it's very interesting :3
(In fact I'm kind of.. happy that we have no JUMP this week, because I definitely won't have time to translate Naruto :cool:)
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ahhh, International Arts expo, sounds good. Lol, are you gonna be celebrating Golden Week as well??
 

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Ahah not intentionally, but the days I'm going away do actually concide with the days of Golden Week, so in a sense you could say I do~ XD;
 

d4v1d_su

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
49
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ow, Tora-chan is having b-day today.
Happy Birthday Tora-chan. Are you having party today :ramen ?

Btw. why did you choose tora-chan as your nickname ?
Do you have a wild personality like a tiger? roarrr~ roarr ~
Or perhaps you are tame like a cat (well, still a family of tiger (little tiger a.k.a. Tiger-chan))? nyaa~ nyaa~
j/k
 
Last edited:

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Thank you~ :D
Nope, no party~ XD I'll have some sort of mini-party in the next few days maybe :D

Hmm you know... I don't really remember O_o;; It's been soo long... I think one of the main reasons was that I liked the sound, but I don't really recall why "Tora".. I had a (female) ferret named Tora, but I think that was after I chose my nickname XD; I also happen to be born in the year of the tiger (according to the Chinese calendar), so that could be another reason.. I might have some personality traits resembling tigers, indeed :p Definitely not a tame cat~ ;)
 

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
Hey Tora-chan ^^

I just read what you wrote about you (first post) and I have to say, kawaiii you are really awesome >.<! And I definitely envy you for visiting Japan. And your skills are incredible, I know it - you translated some things and I was impressed 'cause you live in Italy and speak japanese that perfectly. First I thought you must be japanese living in italy, but it's quite amazing you're not - it somehow gives me some hope I can manage speaking japanese fluently in some years.. or decades XD

Well, I just wanted to say Arigato for everything, and you're quite my favorite translator.
<3
 

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Thank you for your comment~! <3

I think that with efforts, practice and - above all - lots of willpower, anyone is able to learn how to speak fluent Japanese~ :) It does take quite some time (years), but once you've gotten there it's very... satisfying! XD Though you can never learn enough.. As of now I can write fine, but I should practice conversation or I'll get rusty :darn

Are you studying Japanese? :) If/when you think you might be ready for some serious practice, you can try translating something and posting it in our Practice board! ;) We'll be happy to give it a look :D
 

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
Hehe, thank you your encouraging words! ^^
Hai, I just started learning japanese, even though I already can write/read Hiragana & Katakana, there are a lot of Kanji I don't know. And what's the matter in writing Hiragana, if I don't understand a word XD
So I started a course and I think it's working quite good. But only 1h per week, the rest is self-study.
But I think I'm understanding everything pretty well, and I don't have any problems in speaking and pronunciation, 'cause I watched Naruto always subtitled. That's the only thing I can be proud of right now. ^^''

Yap, I'll definitely try some translation - maybe in one or two years. ^^ Until then I'll just be satisfied with translating from english into other languages.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
tora-chan said:
Real name: Alice
My first image in the head: Alice from.. Resident Evil movies <I didn't play games ;p>

tora-chan said:
Birth date: April 28th, 1986
... I thought Your one year younder than me haha :p

tora-chan said:
I began studying by myself around 2001,
You know, Your better than anyone I know. I envy such people, that they were/are so.. how to say it in english.. so inteligent in a young age xP

tora-chan said:
I visited Japan 3 times for about 2 months each, always living in Kameari (north-eastern Tokyo). I'm planning to visit again this summer <3
I have a question.. how much it cost to go to Japan, to stay there, to eat there, to buy something, to visit eveything <or anything you like: temples and such things> etc.? <3
Just curious, but I always imagine <and when one of my friends payd a lot to travel agent for a visit to Japan...> that it isn't cheap.

tora-chan said:
In december 2004 I started Editing the weekly Naruto chapters into Italian under username "tora-chan" and group name "nayama bros" (though it's only me actually XD; ). I started from the second chapter of Kakashi Gaiden (ch240; I later did ch239 and vol.25 as well) and got to the end of vol.33. I'm currently almost finished doing vol.34, but due to exams I won't be working on it until mid-February.
WOW, just WOW xD

tora-chan said:
Blue Dragon: all (shame on me)
xD

tora-chan said:
Videogames I've played (a long list... lol):
Naruto: all of the PS2 ones <3
Kingdom Hearts: 1 & 2 (loved 2 <3)
Prince of Tennis: Smash & Hit! 1 & 2, Love/Kiss of Prince, a dating sim one whose name I can't remember
Wow, and also a gamer girl.. xP Your Goddess xP

tora-chan said:
-I like Japanese seiyuu a lot! Lots of Naruto seiyuu are among my favorite~. I'm very happy because last summer I went to Junko Takeuchi's sign event and I got my Naruto vol.38 signed, woohoo! X3
I'm jealous :x <3

tora-chan said:
-I love Japan (lol, indeed)
hehe there are people, who love Japan even if they weren't there <that's lol :p>

tora-chan said:
-I worship Kishimoto. I'm one of the very few people (that I know of) that never complained about a Naruto arc. Go go Kishi!
I complained sometimes <but about small things>, and if it means for something else, I was aways the one to proetect tha Naruto manga. <was, right now I had no time for such things> So I know what You feel hyhy ^^

Misury said:
Well, I just wanted to say Arigato for everything, and you're quite my favorite translator.
<3
Yeah, yeah, me too, me too, my favourite translator *x*

See ya tora-chan!
 

PossesedNinja

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
23
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hero... thats what you are :D, thanks for helping me on ch 1 :D.
I bow to your superior wisdom.
 

tora-chan

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
261
Reaction score
624
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Sometimes my replies are terribly late... ==

Hehe, thank you your encouraging words! ^^
Hai, I just started learning japanese, even though I already can write/read Hiragana & Katakana, there are a lot of Kanji I don't know. And what's the matter in writing Hiragana, if I don't understand a word XD
So I started a course and I think it's working quite good. But only 1h per week, the rest is self-study.
But I think I'm understanding everything pretty well, and I don't have any problems in speaking and pronunciation, 'cause I watched Naruto always subtitled. That's the only thing I can be proud of right now. ^^''

Yap, I'll definitely try some translation - maybe in one or two years. ^^ Until then I'll just be satisfied with translating from english into other languages.

I think that if you practice a lot on your own (like self-study), even if the course is only 1h a week you can learn a lot anyway :D My first course too was like that, but thanks to continuous practice I got where I am now..! XD
Also, any kind of translation, even English->other languages, is a good exercise! :D I think the basics of translating are the same in every language, so doing that will definitely be of help to you when you eventually get to do it from Japanese ;)


I have a question.. how much it cost to go to Japan, to stay there, to eat there, to buy something, to visit eveything <or anything you like: temples and such things> etc.? <3
Just curious, but I always imagine <and when one of my friends payd a lot to travel agent for a visit to Japan...> that it isn't cheap.

Wow, and also a gamer girl.. xP Your Goddess xP

I complained sometimes <but about small things>, and if it means for something else, I was aways the one to proetect tha Naruto manga. <was, right now I had no time for such things> So I know what You feel hyhy ^^

Thanks for your comments~~ XD

To answer your question about Japan: lessee... I've always used JAL to fly (Japan Air Lines), and - at least here in Italy - they have a discount fare if you're younger than 26 years old. The round trip ticket is 600€ + airport taxes (which last year were around 140€, and this year might be even more x_x), so the total is around 800€. Without the discount, I think it's about 900-1000€..
As for the stay, it obviously depends on where you go. In Tokyo (where most people go, in the end XD; ), the prices get cheaper as you move away from the center of the city. You can find very good prices in Saitama and Chiba, which are the neighbor prefectures. Also, guesthouses will usually cost you less than ryokan or other hotels. I suggest you avoid hostels, because they're less comfortable unless you're staying for just a day or two. Personally, I've always done homestay with the same family, so I'm not very informed about other options, but anyway XD; The only problem with homestay is that usually the family will only speak Japanese.. :s
The food is very cheap, at least in my opinion, but that may change depending on where you live. Compared with Italy, food in Japan is a lot cheaper. You can eat a lot with as little as 5€ a meal XD In Italy you won't even get a pasta dish with that, barely a simple pizza.. Also, in Japan you can find food *everywhere* and at every hour (night included, thanks to conbini) XD;;
"To buy something"... That depends on what you want to buy ;D You could spend 10€ or 1000€, it's up to you~ XD
As for visiting temples and such, well, they're not very expensive (compared with Italy at least). In Kyoto, most temples I visited cost from 1€ to 5€. That's because some people visit temples for religious reasons, so it would be annoying if they had to pay a lot.. For example, if I remember well, Kiyomizudera in Kyoto (it's this one, very beautiful <3 I took and stitched the photos myself~) only costs 200¥, that is about 1,5€.. I don't really know about museums, because I admit I haven't visited many.. XD;; But I don't think they're very expensive either..
What I'd also include are the train expenses... Tokyo is VERY big, and you'll definitely be using the train everyday (especially if you happen to stay in Saitama or in the outskirts). So you have to consider about uhmm at least 2€-10€ a day to travel around the city, depending on where you live and where you go.. If you stay for at least 3 weeks you can consider buying a monthly ticket :D You can only buy it for a precise route, not for the whole railway system, but it's very convenient IMO :)

Actually, if you use a travel agency to plan your trip you WILL most likely spend a lot... If you go on your own, on the contrary, it'll be way cheaper. Sure, you won't have a guide nor anyone to help you, but nowadays you can find so many info on the internet... You can very easily plan your trip in advance, buy maps and you'll have no problems, especially if you can speak at least English. If you want info about temples/museums/cities, you can get them on the net, it's not necessary to pay for a guide, unless you're fine with spending more money...

I'm glad that other people are protecting the Naruto manga~. I think it deserves it~ ;D
Oh, and I guess I wouldn't call myself a "gamer".. XD; Unfortunately I don't own any consoles, so I can only play when I'm at a friend's house, since she has a PS2 :( But I managed to play all the Naruto games all the same~ :nuts And I love Kingdom Hearts <3

I hope the info about Japan was useful~ :D


Hero... thats what you are :D, thanks for helping me on ch 1 :D.
I bow to your superior wisdom.

A hero?? Waaaah~ :nuts I don't deserve all these compliments~ XD
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
tora-chan said:
I don't deserve all these compliments~ XD
Yes, You do! :wtf

Thx for the reply, tora-chan! From what You wrote, the most expensivie thing is.. to get to Japan with the plane :x Ehh ^^"
 

PossesedNinja

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
23
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whos your best character in Naruto Accel 2?
Mine is Hinata.
 
Top