The truth will set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

:lmao @ Hege's post~ But you two are quite in love with history, you can get along well. :amuse

I have my hands on Inheritance e-book, though I'm not sure if it's the one indeed. :worrybunny
Muahaha... At least he can provide me with many useful pieces of history. I'm not sure he wants to know Indonesia's history though. :derp

I have my hands on Inheritance e-book too since yesterday and I know it's the right one. The problem is I don't have the time to read it. I have this bad feeling that I can only read it next month. :bored
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

History is...
history is...?!
History is a Weapon -

History isn't what happened, but a story of what happened. And there are always different versions, different stories, about the same events. One version might revolve mainly around a specific set of facts while another version might minimize them or not include them at all.
Like stories, each of these different versions of history contain different lessons. Some histories tell us that our leaders, at least, have always tried to do right for everyone. Others remark that the emperors don't have the slaves' best interests at heart. Some teach us that this is both what has always been and what always will be. Others counsel that we shouldn't mistake transient dominance for intrinsic superiority. Lastly, some histories paint a picture where only the elites have the power to change the world, while others point out that social change is rarely commanded from the top down.

Regardless of the value of these many lessons, History isn't what happened, but the stories of what happened and the lessons these stories include. The very selection of which histories to teach in a society shapes our view of how what is came to be and, in turn, what we understand as possible. This choice of which history to teach can never be "neutral" or "objective." Those who choose, either following a set agenda or guided by hidden prejudices, serve their interests. Their interests could be to continue this world as it now stands or to make a new world.
We cannot simply be passive. We must choose whose interests are best: those who want to keep things going as they are or those who want to work to make a better world. If we choose the latter, we must seek out the tools we will need. History is just one tool to shape our understanding of our world. And every tool is a weapon if you hold it right.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: This is a Graveyard thread.

Same for me too. Chibi powah! :wtf
Team Chibi are the most awesome team on MH. :wtf



The original trio are legendary chibis now. New Era chibi's have more to look forward to I guess. ^^
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

A heavy answer :sweat but very true.
:plot kind of makes me wonder who will write our history.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

You DON'T KNOW history??? :derp
Enlighten me, historian-sama :worship
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

History is a Weapon -

History isn't what happened, but a story of what happened. And there are always different versions, different stories, about the same events. One version might revolve mainly around a specific set of facts while another version might minimize them or not include them at all.
Like stories, each of these different versions of history contain different lessons. Some histories tell us that our leaders, at least, have always tried to do right for everyone. Others remark that the emperors don't have the slaves' best interests at heart. Some teach us that this is both what has always been and what always will be. Others counsel that we shouldn't mistake transient dominance for intrinsic superiority. Lastly, some histories paint a picture where only the elites have the power to change the world, while others point out that social change is rarely commanded from the top down.

Regardless of the value of these many lessons, History isn't what happened, but the stories of what happened and the lessons these stories include. The very selection of which histories to teach in a society shapes our view of how what is came to be and, in turn, what we understand as possible. This choice of which history to teach can never be "neutral" or "objective." Those who choose, either following a set agenda or guided by hidden prejudices, serve their interests. Their interests could be to continue this world as it now stands or to make a new world.
We cannot simply be passive. We must choose whose interests are best: those who want to keep things going as they are or those who want to work to make a better world. If we choose the latter, we must seek out the tools we will need. History is just one tool to shape our understanding of our world. And every tool is a weapon if you hold it right.
*plokplokplok* I'm half believing that you copy it from somewhere but I'm also half believing that you are a history lecturer material. :blink

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Team Chibi are the most awesome team on MH. :wtf



The original trio are legendary chibis now. New Era chibi's have more to look forward to I guess. ^^
And suddenly you talk about chibi... :fail
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

*plokplokplok* I'm half believing that you copy it from somewhere but I'm also half believing that you are a history lecturer material. :blink

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------



And suddenly you talk about chibi... :fail
History was my favourite subject back in school :wtf thought about teaching it but well, decided in favouring something else.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Mangahelpers need to tell a history too :p
Team Chibi was awesome :crying
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

WTH! Don't blame me now hime! I didn't start the chibi talk and chibi talk is awesome, okay!? Never doubt the chibi powah! :pwnge
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Mangahelpers need to tell a history too :p
Team Chibi was awesome :crying
well yearbook is coming soon :hee in a large place like MH it's very difficult to keep track of all the things happening. Would be damn lots of work.

Anyway, I may really like history but that doesn't mean I didn't paste and copy the text :derp
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

I had an awesome idea for the yearbook but I totally forgot to mention it at the right time. =/


It's niichan. Off course he copy and pasted it. :derp
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Enlighten me, historian-sama :worship
I cannot give you any high-quality answer like what narutonii-chan gave you because right now my head is too dizzy to even think of an answer... What he said is true and detailed enough.
But practically, I learn (any kind of) history because I want to learn from people's experiences and mistakes. How to solve problem, not to make the same mistake and so on... I particularly learn world history because I am quite fascinated with past cultures and how the world changes throughout the years. Stories are actually a part of history, you know, that's why narratives are written in past tenses. Actually what made me fall in love with history at first were stories, legends and myths. :p

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

History was my favourite subject back in school :wtf thought about teaching it but well, decided in favouring something else.
What do you give up history for? :pwnge

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

WTH! Don't blame me now hime! I didn't start the chibi talk and chibi talk is awesome, okay!? Never doubt the chibi powah! :pwnge
I didn't blame you! I just... facepalmed. :fail

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

well yearbook is coming soon :hee in a large place like MH it's very difficult to keep track of all the things happening. Would be damn lots of work.

Anyway, I may really like history but that doesn't mean I didn't paste and copy the text :derp
Who makes the yearbook anyway?

See? :derp Half of me was right.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

For a second there I was looking up to niichan and then he came and destroy my image.
Then, yuki have you heard of qinshihuang, emperor qin?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Then, yuki have you heard of qinshihuang, emperor qin?
Which emperor is it? I have heard too many of Chinese emperors until I don't which one is which... :fail You gotta mention what was his contribution....
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

The Great Wall Of China!
And the killing of millions. Yep.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

I cannot give you any high-quality answer like what narutonii-chan gave you because right now my head is too dizzy to even think of an answer... What he said is true and detailed enough.
But practically, I learn (any kind of) history because I want to learn from people's experiences and mistakes. How to solve problem, not to make the same mistake and so on...
Great reason yuki, I got to learn about one of your good points now :pleased

What do you give up history for? :pwnge
Becoming an educator for 1-28 years old :) I would consider teaching history later on though, who knows~

Who makes the yearbook anyway?

See? :derp Half of me was right.
all staff members

yeah both your half sides were formidable :derp

For a second there I was looking up to niichan and then he came and destroy my image.
Then, yuki have you heard of qinshihuang, emperor qin?
:modsmack you're mean Zel :gwah
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

The Great Wall Of China!
And the killing of millions. Yep.
Oh. That emperor. Yes, I have heard of him. So... what?

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Great reason yuki, I got to learn about one of your good points now :pleased
I wasn't even talking to you. :-_-

Becoming an educator for 1-28 years old :) I would consider teaching history later on though, who knows~
I wonder why people want to teach... No, don't answer that. I know quite enough that people have different preferences. :fail

all staff members

yeah both your half sides were formidable :derp
Oh.. I see.

Formidable? What do you mean by that?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

I wasn't even talking to you. :-_-

I wonder why people want to teach... No, don't answer that. I know quite enough that people have different preferences. :fail

Oh.. I see.

Formidable? What do you mean by that?
Doesn't matter, I got to experience it at first hand :pleased

not gonna tell then but I like working with kids so that may be one reason :hee

well both of your sides were kinda right :amuse
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Doesn't matter, I got to experience it at first hand :pleased

not gonna tell then but I like working with kids so that may be one reason :hee

well both of your sides were kinda right :amuse
Whatever. :fail

Cih~ and I don't like kids, especially naughty kids. :-_-

oh well, let's call it my good instinct. :facepalm
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Whatever. :fail

Cih~ and I don't like kids, especially naughty kids. :-_-

oh well, let's call it my good instinct. :facepalm
y u get so nasty when you talk to me? :fail

who likes naughty kids anyway? There are some great kids out there, it's interesting to see there development and how they change over time.

yeah you definitely have good instincts :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top