The truth will set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

I walk a lot, pretty much everytime I leave my house to go somewhere, I walk. After a while, you get used to it, slowly improves your stamina but actively jogging may be better.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

I walk a lot, pretty much everytime I leave my house to go somewhere, I walk. After a while, you get used to it, slowly improves your stamina but actively jogging may be better.
I walk a lot too, since I go back and forth the campus by walking. (And of course, I'll have to walk everywhere in campus, and since my building doesn't have elevators, I go up and down stairs a lot too.) Or, if I want to go eat and shop, I'll walk to nearby restaurants and mini markets.
However, walking here and there in a rush can tire me easily since my lungs are not strong enough. I can walk in normal speed for long route, but when I have to run a bit, I'll lose my breath fast. The last time I had to run for a while, I almost passed out. :cookiestare
And normally, I have big stamina, unless when I have to run (oh, I hate running) or I get anemic (even then, in two hours, I'll get up again as if nothing happens).
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

I had to walk really fast yesterday morning as I was running late for work, I walked so fast my shins began to burn. Good cardio and leg workout though. I think regularly, I only get the bus to go to my sister's( which is essentially in another city) and some work venues I get the train, but I still have to walk about 30mins to the train station.

I think jogging occassionally will improve your fitness, you'll still feel like passing out when your body reaches its limit, but if you push through it, you'll get used to it. I think you mentioned your anemic problems before, that definitely sucks but you seem to recover quick enough.

Another busy week?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

I had to walk really fast yesterday morning as I was running late for work, I walked so fast my shins began to burn. Good cardio and leg workout though. I think regularly, I only get the bus to go to my sister's( which is essentially in another city) and some work venues I get the train, but I still have to walk about 30mins to the train station.

I think jogging occassionally will improve your fitness, you'll still feel like passing out when your body reaches its limit, but if you push through it, you'll get used to it. I think you mentioned your anemic problems before, that definitely sucks but you seem to recover quick enough.

Another busy week?
Ah, train. I wish we have MRT here. It will make life soooo much easier but with our government like this.... *sigh*

I just don't have much time to exercise, you know... I've long given up on doing any kind of physical exercise. I think I'll just be the one who's brainy but physically weak.

Yep. Not as busy as before, though. I got some time to relax (which I spent for sleeping and gaming). Tomorrow I even have holiday! :woo
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Ah, train. I wish we have MRT here. It will make life soooo much easier but with our government like this.... *sigh*
There is already a plan by the last governor of Jakarta to make something like that, if I remember correctly. Now let's wait another decade before it happens. :cookiehand
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

There is already a plan by the last governor of Jakarta to make something like that, if I remember correctly. Now let's wait another decade before it happens. :cookiehand
Decade? Why don't we try century. :cookiehand
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Decade? Why don't we try century. :cookiehand
That sounds better. :nod

I've kinda lost hope in our public transportation, lol.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

That sounds better. :nod

I've kinda lost hope in our public transportation, lol.
I've kinda lost hope in our government officials. Seriously, I do not know what is going on anymore.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Ah, train. I wish we have MRT here. It will make life soooo much easier but with our government like this.... *sigh*

I just don't have much time to exercise, you know... I've long given up on doing any kind of physical exercise. I think I'll just be the one who's brainy but physically weak.

Yep. Not as busy as before, though. I got some time to relax (which I spent for sleeping and gaming). Tomorrow I even have holiday! :woo
Ahh I can't really say we have that problem here. Though we just have a timetable problem with our transports. They are currently a tram line extension to go across the city centre here. It'll be awesome when it's completed.


We're not a metroplitan city like London, so we have no need for an underground. At least not for a few decades.

I also thought I didn't have time to exercise, but I do now but for different reasons. Well, as long as you walk enough, I guess you'll be okay :nod

I hope you're enjoying your "holiday". What games are you playing?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Ahh I can't really say we have that problem here. Though we just have a timetable problem with our transports. They are currently a tram line extension to go across the city centre here. It'll be awesome when it's completed.


We're not a metroplitan city like London, so we have no need for an underground. At least not for a few decades.

I also thought I didn't have time to exercise, but I do now but for different reasons. Well, as long as you walk enough, I guess you'll be okay :nod

I hope you're enjoying your "holiday". What games are you playing?
If only you can experience Jakarta's traffic, you will know why I and Phio are losing hope. She has it worse though, since she actually lives there. In my town, it is not that bad.
Tram, huh? It looks interesting. I wish we have good public transportation here-no matter what kind of transportation-but now the government can't even manage buses. :fail
And I don't think we can have underground. The whole city will collapse... with all the corruption and incapacity. The bridges here already suffer greatly (the designs are actually great, but the materials... nah. They might had planned for good materials but hey, corruption), I can't imagine what will happen to underground.

Maybe I'll have time... someday. :derp I greatly doubt it though. Even with my free time, I prefer to do some reading or learning behind the desk.

I did enjoy it, short-lived as it was. Facebook games, mostly. :p But I don't play anymore. I'm back to my books.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

If only you can experience Jakarta's traffic, you will know why I and Phio are losing hope. She has it worse though, since she actually lives there. In my town, it is not that bad.
Tram, huh? It looks interesting. I wish we have good public transportation here-no matter what kind of transportation-but now the government can't even manage buses. :fail
And I don't think we can have underground. The whole city will collapse... with all the corruption and incapacity. The bridges here already suffer greatly (the designs are actually great, but the materials... nah. They might had planned for good materials but hey, corruption), I can't imagine what will happen to underground.

Maybe I'll have time... someday. :derp I greatly doubt it though. Even with my free time, I prefer to do some reading or learning behind the desk.

I did enjoy it, short-lived as it was. Facebook games, mostly. :p But I don't play anymore. I'm back to my books.

Reading through you last few exchanges with phio, I can tell it's quite bad; something I didn't realise before. So in Jakarta and your city( dunno what it's called), what are the best methods of transport?

The tram link is good, I use it to get to my sister's; which is essentially another city and it's like 30mins.

I think the last Facebook game I played was Sims Social, which was addictive but I didn't like the fact it was too dependant on other users. I guess that's to be expected though, of social network games.

What books do you have lined up?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Reading through you last few exchanges with phio, I can tell it's quite bad; something I didn't realise before. So in Jakarta and your city( dunno what it's called), what are the best methods of transport?
I'm not sure about Jakarta, but in my city, Surabaya, car is still okay for far travels. I don't often go out by motorcycles or public transportation though, so I don't really know. If it's somewhere near, walking is advised greatly.

What books do you have lined up?
I've finished some novels in rapid succession, so I'm starting to stop read the novels because my eyes hurt. I still have tow Agatha Christie's to read though, and I haven't finished the Philosophy Book and Psychology Book. :derp I think after this, I'll just work on my assignments again. *sigh* I just spent hours writing script yesterday, and it's not finished yet.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Jakarta is small. Living here is the best because it's small and it has many things/places which you can use for daily needs. The problem is just the traffic. When you spend 2 hours reaching a place you can normally reach in 30 mins... You get older faster, my friend.

:lmao
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Jakarta is small. Living here is the best because it's small and it has many things/places which you can use for daily needs. The problem is just the traffic. When you spend 2 hours reaching a place you can normally reach in 30 mins... You get older faster, my friend.

:lmao
Then I am fortunate to live youthfully. :lmao
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

I'm not sure about Jakarta, but in my city, Surabaya, car is still okay for far travels. I don't often go out by motorcycles or public transportation though, so I don't really know. If it's somewhere near, walking is advised greatly.
I'm sure car travel would be the best( or closest to) means of transportation around. Ahhh I've wanted to try out travelling by motorcycles, as a passanger though; I have no interest in learning how to ride one.

BTW, how often do you guys get floodings?

I've finished some novels in rapid succession, so I'm starting to stop read the novels because my eyes hurt. I still have tow Agatha Christie's to read though, and I haven't finished the Philosophy Book and Psychology Book. :derp I think after this, I'll just work on my assignments again. *sigh* I just spent hours writing script yesterday, and it's not finished yet.
What's the script about?
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

I'm sure car travel would be the best( or closest to) means of transportation around. Ahhh I've wanted to try out travelling by motorcycles, as a passanger though; I have no interest in learning how to ride one.

BTW, how often do you guys get floodings?
Since I can't ride anything, of course I'll always be a passenger. :XD

In my town? Not often, and it rarely becomes a serious problem. It's a different matter in Jakarta though...

What's the script about?
A love story with lots of intrigue between two college students. :p
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Since I can't ride anything, of course I'll always be a passenger. :XD

In my town? Not often, and it rarely becomes a serious problem. It's a different matter in Jakarta though...
Do you have any plans to drive though? :derp I worry though, that you would be the vengeful driver-type :teehee

Lucky for you then :3 I have a college friend that lives in Jakarta, and I remember her sharing photos of the flooding that happened a while ago; looked so terrible. I can't believe something like that happens often.

A love story with lots of intrigue between two college students. :p
Is that based on your own experiences? :heh
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Jakarta is not too high from sea level. Our northern side opens right to sea. With generally not-so-good water system and trashes everywhere, no wonder we get flood easily. And also because we don't have much open space to keep the water that falls thanks to all the buildings and roads.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: *unintelligible T-Rex shrieking sounds*

Do you have any plans to drive though? :derp I worry though, that you would be the vengeful driver-type :teehee

Lucky for you then :3 I have a college friend that lives in Jakarta, and I remember her sharing photos of the flooding that happened a while ago; looked so terrible. I can't believe something like that happens often.
Haha. No, not for now at least. But who knows if I change my mind in the future, though it is rather unlikely.

Not lucky, really. Just more selective. I could have chosen to study in Jakarta, but since I hate traffic and flood, I chose Surabaya instead. It's closer to my hometown too. :noworry

Is that based on your own experiences? :heh
Nope. Well, the heroine's background and personality is similar to me, but what happens to the characters is inspired by by my friends' experience.
If a story is based on my own experience, it will be bloody and violent. :3c But I'm tired of killing off characters so... I have no choice but to write romance. My friends already commented that it's so-not-me since I lack love story in my life, not to mention my hostility to male species.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Jakarta is not too high from sea level. Our northern side opens right to sea. With generally not-so-good water system and trashes everywhere, no wonder we get flood easily. And also because we don't have much open space to keep the water that falls thanks to all the buildings and roads.
Well, just hang in there, okay? :lmao
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,107
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Be Done and Be Gone

Ano sa yuki chan, whats this title?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top