The truth will set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

I don't think you'll be getting her blessing anytime or approval anytime soon, unless you bribe her with Fire Emblem, that is. Just go ahead and make. Give us MH's first mod baby?(iirc) :nod
You do realize for most part the series isn't as animu as this game right? If anything this game is more like the biggest fanservice imposed on the director by nintendo, most controversially is the introduction of Casual Mode which essentially goes against the director's intent of permanent death being a trademark of the series. Yeah I'm not too happy about this FE, or well the FE's after 10 because balance just flew out the window making every character way too bork this game for god sake the maps in general can be singlehandedly covered by Sorcerer + Nosferatu (I have no idea why they allowed this spell to become so easy to purchase). As a long time fan, one whose played all the FEs and been part of the original Fire Emblem community (FESS), can't say I want to support this one. Only thing that really tides me over about this series is the total homage paid to the original and older FEs through the DLC, as well as this game's references.
 
Last edited:

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

It's like an ambidextrous talent :toc
Being nice or cruel at will, I mean.
So, cheer up instead of getting depressed. Say to yourself that you have a unique ability. It usually works.
Not really a talent... I just have to put on one mask and replace it with another. :p
Hah, I wish I can cheer up, but problems are piling up...

---------- Post added February 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was February 26, 2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

:blink that's....uh.....a long time ago? Well, nowadays you can get many games on PC versions too. I'm guessing though, that now you're over the wanting to play video game phase. Besides a few titles.
Yeah. The funny thing is that I used to want those game consoles a lot, but since this wish was denied for years. Then, I no longer had interest in it. In fact, if someone offers me a game console now, I might decline.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

You do realize for most part the series isn't as animu as this game right? If anything this game is more like the biggest fanservice imposed on the director by nintendo, most controversially is the introduction of Casual Mode which essentially goes against the director's intent of permanent death being a trademark of the series. Yeah I'm not too happy about this FE, or well the FE's after 10 because balance just flew out the window making every character way too bork this game for god sake the maps in general can be singlehandedly covered by Sorcerer + Nosferatu (I have no idea why they allowed this spell to become so easy to purchase). As a long time fan, one whose played all the FEs and been part of the original Fire Emblem community (FESS), can't say I want to support this one. Only thing that really tides me over about this series is the total homage paid to the original and older FEs through the DLC, as well as this game's references.
Well, since I don't play the game myself, I can't comment anything about the game system and stuffs. I can only comment on the plot and the characters, and I really think it has good plot and characters. Especially for the characters, I think they are the most prominent aspects of the game. Yeah, the marriage system is entertaining and satisfy the feelings of some romantically hopeless fans (I admit I ship one or two couples, but I am not particular nor insistent about it), but I love how the characters interact and bring out their unique characteristics (not to mention the hilarity when this happen). For example, Henry (the guy in my set, for people who don't know) is a really happy psycho and even I think he's really creepy, but I can't hate him for some reasons. It's like we can actually feel for the characters. We can relate to them and I think that's really an achievement.
Oh, and time travel! Time travel is always interesting for me. Imagine that you meet your children from the future...?
The base plot is rather classic, about fighting the destiny/fate, but they create a pretty interesting story though I am a bit disappointed about the end since there are actually many questions left.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Not really a talent... I just have to put on one mask and replace it with another. :p
Hah, I wish I can cheer up, but problems are piling up...
Isn't that a talent already? You need to know when to switch, and more importantly, to which one :XD
Kill off their root or else they will keep coming. It's a cheap hint you read in those personal growth books, but it's one of the few that sounds like genuine.
I wonder if I could make a career out of my advisory skills, which are God awful, stereotypical at best so relieving.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

yukihime03;3324928 Well said:
romantically hopeless[/S] fans (I admit I ship one or two couples, but I am not particular nor insistent about it), but I love how the characters interact and bring out their unique characteristics (not to mention the hilarity when this happen). For example, Henry (the guy in my set, for people who don't know) is a really happy psycho and even I think he's really creepy, but I can't hate him for some reasons. It's like we can actually feel for the characters. We can relate to them and I think that's really an achievement.
Oh, and time travel! Time travel is always interesting for me. Imagine that you meet your children from the future...?
The base plot is rather classic, about fighting the destiny/fate, but they create a pretty interesting story though I am a bit disappointed about the end since there are actually many questions left.
The gameplay took such a step back from strategy while the role playing element clearly is at the forefront and well that is what they aimed for so yeah~ Guess its a hit for new people who want to enter the series but its not exactly comforting to older fans. But lets face it they clearly want to rally new fans since their old fanbase has simply grown up or become too old so they need the younger fanbases.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Yeah. The funny thing is that I used to want those game consoles a lot, but since this wish was denied for years. Then, I no longer had interest in it. In fact, if someone offers me a game console now, I might decline.
I see. I'm sorta the same now. I can't remember the last time I played a game that wasn't on my phone. I don't think I'd decline if someone offered me a console; I'd take it and possibly leave it lying around or sell it. Maybe when I live alone, I'd get a console. Possibly the PS4 at that point.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Isn't that a talent already? You need to know when to switch, and more importantly, to which one :XD
Kill off their root or else they will keep coming. It's a cheap hint you read in those personal growth books, but it's one of the few that sounds like genuine.
I wonder if I could make a career out of my advisory skills, which are God awful, stereotypical at best so relieving.
Nah, everyone can actually do the same thing, it's just that maybe they do it unconsciously. (I'm not going to explain on Jung's theory in Persona to explain this condition.)
Haha, I wish it's that easy. The future of the students of the university is at stake here! :arf I'll be fine in a week, by that time, it will be over and I hope the result will be as expected. :derp

The gameplay took such a step back from strategy while the role playing element clearly is at the forefront and well that is what they aimed for so yeah~ Guess its a hit for new people who want to enter the series but its not exactly comforting to older fans. But lets face it they clearly want to rally new fans since their old fanbase has simply grown up or become too old so they need the younger fanbases.
That's a possibility, I guess...

I see. I'm sorta the same now. I can't remember the last time I played a game that wasn't on my phone. I don't think I'd decline if someone offered me a console; I'd take it and possibly leave it lying around or sell it. Maybe when I live alone, I'd get a console. Possibly the PS4 at that point.
I think I prefer to sell it. :cheez I know I will never have time to learn to play it anyway...
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Nah, everyone can actually do the same thing, it's just that maybe they do it unconsciously. (I'm not going to explain on Jung's theory in Persona to explain this condition.)
Haha, I wish it's that easy. The future of the students of the university is at stake here! :arf I'll be fine in a week, by that time, it will be over and I hope the result will be as expected. :derp
Ah, pretty good. I was kind of pushing it to see whether I could have you go a square back, but it doesn't work :XD
Make it work, if it's that critical! :zomg

It's a good thing that the storm will end sooner rather than later. Reminded me of this.

After the storm comes the sunshine
The clouds are gone and the world is tame
Into each life there will be showers
But don't the world look brighter after the rain


An optimist's song by Wynn Stewart :amuse
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Ah, pretty good. I was kind of pushing it to see whether I could have you go a square back, but it doesn't work :XD
Make it work, if it's that critical! :zomg

It's a good thing that the storm will end sooner rather than later. Reminded me of this.

After the storm comes the sunshine
The clouds are gone and the world is tame
Into each life there will be showers
But don't the world look brighter after the rain


An optimist's song by Wynn Stewart :amuse
Nah, I stand firm by my beliefs.
I wish it is that easy to make it work, I can only do what I do and leave the rest to other people and God. It is rather problematic since I can only wait for other people's decisions now, and I have no idea what their decisions will be, so I can only pray it is to my expectation.

Ah, I guess I'm not in the mood of sunshine-y songs.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Nah, I stand firm by my beliefs.
I wish it is that easy to make it work, I can only do what I do and leave the rest to other people and God. It is rather problematic since I can only wait for other people's decisions now, and I have no idea what their decisions will be, so I can only pray it is to my expectation.

Ah, I guess I'm not in the mood of sunshine-y songs.
Yeah, as firm as a statue o/
Fair enough. You don't have control over everything. You have got to be satisfied with doing your part, but no one would, so, take it easy.

Oh, why not :o
Never mind, it wasn't that serene as a song, anyway.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Oh, why not :o
Never mind, it wasn't that serene as a song, anyway.
Because I'm not a sunshine-y person? All my favorite songs don't fall in that category.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Because I'm not a sunshine-y person? All my favorite songs don't fall in that category.
Give an exemplary favorite song, won't you?
Better than trying to predict and getting way off.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Give an exemplary favorite song, won't you?
Better than trying to predict and getting way off.
Lots of them, mainly classical music (my fav is Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No 2) and music by Akiko Shikata and Kajiura Yuki. There are some New Age music too, and folk music. Hmm, all in all, my favs are various but none is cheery music. Some even border on creepy.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Lots of them, mainly classical music (my fav is Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No 2) and music by Akiko Shikata and Kajiura Yuki. There are some New Age music too, and folk music. Hmm, all in all, my favs are various but none is cheery music. Some even border on creepy.
Classical, New Age, folk, lots of peaceful genres you listen to, then. Not cheery, but doesn't sound creppy, either. Unless you listen to things like Dark Ambient, perhaps.
On another note, the ones you said aren't moody, as well. Balanced would be the right term to use.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Classical, New Age, folk, lots of peaceful genres you listen to, then. Not cheery, but doesn't sound creppy, either. Unless you listen to things like Dark Ambient, perhaps.
On another note, the ones you said aren't moody, as well. Balanced would be the right term to use.
The ones that I said creepy were not included in the examples. I do not know what genre they are, so I did not mention it in the examples. But some of the creepy ones include Latin chants and hymns.
Well, I did not say my fav music are moody, right? Just not cheery.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

The ones that I said creepy were not included in the examples. I do not know what genre they are, so I did not mention it in the examples. But some of the creepy ones include Latin chants and hymns.
Well, I did not say my fav music are moody, right? Just not cheery.
Chants are great! Perhaps more as a touching music than a creepy one.
I used to listen to somewhat moody music a lot, but it has been months since I last did. I kind of miss the chain effect of depression the songs had on me I guess it's better to be listening to balanced music rather than the moody one day and the cheery on the next.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Chants are great! Perhaps more as a touching music than a creepy one.
I used to listen to somewhat moody music a lot, but it has been months since I last did. I kind of miss the chain effect of depression the songs had on me I guess it's better to be listening to balanced music rather than the moody one day and the cheery on the next.
I don't know why people think chants are creepy. Well, it can be creepy but it's beautiful too...
I just listen to whatever music I'm in mood to listen to. Lately I'm listening to mellow music.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,027
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

I don't know why people think chants are creepy. Well, it can be creepy but it's beautiful too...
I just listen to whatever music I'm in mood to listen to. Lately I'm listening to mellow music.
I find them soothing. Perhaps it reminds them about some weird religious rituals they are fantasizing about, who knows.
So, instead of forcing a mood change with music, you abide by your mood, hm. I do that, too, but occasionally, I'd the former, trying to cheer up myself or vice versa.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,764
Reaction score
26,120
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

I agree with Haku - I don't see a problem with chanting.
Having not read the previous posts.... question for Yuki chan.
Do you use chants in religious activities?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Have you heard Shikata-san's newest release? Another hymmnos song, titled METHOD_ALTERNATION/. Well, not bad, always takes time to get used to it, although the ending is a re-arrangement of METHOD_METAFALICA/., lol.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,764
Reaction score
26,120
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: PICK A GOD AND PRAY.

Phio - chaali demands you post some of this in the music thread. ^^
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top