The truth will set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is it what you're looking for ? :mono
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you planning on seeing Thor 2?

PS. You really should; Tom Hiddleston doesn't disappoint. Brilliant performance. I can't decide if this is his best appearance as Loki.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you planning on seeing Thor 2?

PS. You really should; Tom Hiddleston doesn't disappoint. Brilliant performance. I can't decide if this is his best appearance as Loki.
Yep. Tomorrow, actually. I would have watched it sooner if it's not for my friends who didn't have the time last week.

PS. Even without watching, I know he's going to be awesome. I'll tell you tomorrow what I think about it.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Not gonna complain, really. In truth, I do see the similarity. :oh

Anyway, I've watched Thor 2 and gee, it's awesome:
The plot is so-so actually, IMO, but Tom is just brilliant. I think this is indeed his best performance of Loki. We can see how much more complicated he is now after all the events in Thor and The Avengers. We get to see more of his prankster side (which is kinda muted in The Avengers, but well, he was busy trying to take over the world) but there is still that evil and sadness inside him. I especially paid a lot of attention on Loki's eyes during the whole movie. Before he makes any evil smile or stuffs, there's a split second that shows deep sadness in his eyes. Tom was really engrossed in his role as Loki, wasn't he?
Is it just me or I think Odin is such a jerk in this movie? I hate it when he says to Loki that his birthright was to die. Odin goes too far. I feel so bad to see Loki's expression the moment he heard that.
I love Frigga because it seems she's the only one who still sees the good in him. If only she's still alive, she might be able to save Loki from himself.
That ending is a big surprise. Does this mean we'll get to see more Loki?? :swoon
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad you enjoyed the film; I left most of my thoughts on it in the movie thread, but I'll add to a few things here after I reading your post:

I couldn't decide whether it was his best performance as Loki but I'm glad to see you've made your choice. Tom Hiddleston was I agree, really engrossed in his playing of Loki, as he had previously, but moreso in this instalment. Some of the scenes, especially with Frigga in his cell and when Thor finally comes to visit him, are very emotional and deep. Despite all that he says to Frigga about his birth and her role as his mother, I think the love he bears for her is clear to see and it is further shown when Thor comes to visit him and immediately calls his bluff of illusion.
Besides Loki, I'd also like to note on Chris Hemsworth's performance. It's really enjoyable when you can notice a character's personal growth through several films. The impact that the New York incident and Jane have on him, makes him almost unable to enjoy any time with his comrades or his victories across the many realms he's saved. Beyond the fights and action, I enjoyed those 2 character's personal, emotional scenes most.

You're right, Odin is a jerk. Even I went "ouch" after that scene; it was so uncalled for. Also when he instructs the medical team to stop examining Jane and have her returned to Midgard. Right that he could've been in that her place wasn't among Asgardians, but there are ways and times to handle such matters. Also his willingness to sacrifice the entire army in order to fend off the enemy's attack, instead of listen to Thor's plan of luring them away from the realm.

The ending was surprising. I thought something was quite suspicious when the soldier appeared before Odin in the throne room to report to him( note, that this is also the same soldier Loki disguises himself as when Thor breaks him out of the prison :)), but I didn't really think much of it until the end. It was quite surprising. I'm not sure nor recall reading anything about the next Thor film but if the ending means anything, it would possibly be more focused on Asgard and the aftermath of Frigga's death and possibly discovering that Loki is on the throne. Where do you suppose Odin is now? dead? locked up somewhere?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ha! and you thought she'd be mad at me. Yuki can't hate me, she's the ghost of my thread :nod
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Senpai debuting in this thread, too.

Could this mean this thread does not have much of a life left in it :worrybunny
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Am I a thread reviver or something? Or maybe death itself? :XD
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
No, or rather, I don't know.

It has been a while since I last posted here, so, I tried to make my entrance super cool., but I didn't try hard enough :fan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top