- Joined
- Mar 29, 2011
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 5
- Age
- 35
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Hey, ihr Eumels
I have just a few thoughts about the philosophical presuppositions of Gantz I want to share with you. My theory is, that Gantz draws heavily from the german philosopher Nietzsche. In chapter 55 you can see his name on the cover. What is the essence of his philosophy?
He mainly focuses on overcoming the crisis of man the "death of God" had caused.
There is no truth anymore, neither moral values, which are given by God. Objective truths are revealed as subjective assumptions. There are traps he warned humankind of: one the one hand of nihilism (the false assumption that there are no moral values anymore), represented by "Nishi" who displays socialdarwinistic attidtudes towards those around him.
On the other hand there is the despair of weaklings who can't deal with the death of God, represented by the pussy guy bitching around in self-pity in chapter 290. In the very chapter his attitude is confronted with the Kei's will to live. Kei is not denying that the world is devil's playground and "it hurts to live until the end" but despite that he choses to fight. He is the "Übermensch", the light that shines in the darkness and darkness has never put it out. In a chapter I can't find now he expresses his atheistic worldview: "There is no god. Life is precious. Man is on his own" or something.
But I don't now wether there is a god since the "immigrant " alien mentions some kind of god. Maybe you know more. I am eager to read your thoughts.
I have just a few thoughts about the philosophical presuppositions of Gantz I want to share with you. My theory is, that Gantz draws heavily from the german philosopher Nietzsche. In chapter 55 you can see his name on the cover. What is the essence of his philosophy?
He mainly focuses on overcoming the crisis of man the "death of God" had caused.
There is no truth anymore, neither moral values, which are given by God. Objective truths are revealed as subjective assumptions. There are traps he warned humankind of: one the one hand of nihilism (the false assumption that there are no moral values anymore), represented by "Nishi" who displays socialdarwinistic attidtudes towards those around him.
On the other hand there is the despair of weaklings who can't deal with the death of God, represented by the pussy guy bitching around in self-pity in chapter 290. In the very chapter his attitude is confronted with the Kei's will to live. Kei is not denying that the world is devil's playground and "it hurts to live until the end" but despite that he choses to fight. He is the "Übermensch", the light that shines in the darkness and darkness has never put it out. In a chapter I can't find now he expresses his atheistic worldview: "There is no god. Life is precious. Man is on his own" or something.
But I don't now wether there is a god since the "immigrant " alien mentions some kind of god. Maybe you know more. I am eager to read your thoughts.