The Walking Dead - TV or comics? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Walking Dead - TV or comics?

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Which do you like better? The AMC television drama, or the original comic series by Kirman and Moore?

There are quite a lot of differences in the two, and I must say I think tv show actually flows a bit better than the comics. I haven't read lot though, where I'm at they just introduced Neegan, so I have quite a lot catching up to do.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
They're different animals really. I can understand people getting pissed off with the show not being faithful enough, I experience that all of the time with Game of Thrones, but the comic story is usually bit more concise. There are a lot of filler episodes in the show to fill out a season, and occasional bad writing (especially the latter half of this season).

I'm curious if they keep the major plot points to the show going forward though, since I'm not sure if the current arc in the comics will translate all that well to TV.

LightYagami563

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
England
I agree. Both the comics and the TV show have their own merits so I prefer to view them as seperate entities rather than compare them. The story is going to change according to the medium that represents it, so I think it's kind of silly to say that one is better than the other.