Software The Web Browser Thread

What web/internet browser are you using?

  • Google Chrome

    Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Mozilla Firefox

    Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Internet Explorer

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sea Monkey

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Opera

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Safari

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Konqueror

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • K-Meleon

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xombrero

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netscape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maxthon

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rocket Melt

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phoenix

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Links

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

    Votes: 2 5.1%

  • Total voters
    39

Rainier

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: What is your web browser?

Safari xD

Love speed.
 

FlikerBoy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is your web browser?

gotta love google chrome
 

Guru981

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
82
Reaction score
21
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: What is your web browser?

Firefox 3.5.2. The only downside for me is the "awsomebar", but you can disable it at least.

I hate IE's GUI... I'll never get used to it.
 

TheChosenOne

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
6,886
Reaction score
322
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is your web browser?

Firefox 3.5 and Chrome 4.0
 

glycosuria

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: What is your web browser?

I use Firefox 3.5.2 and I love it, but will occasionally use Chrome, which definitely has potential. I tried Safari and it was all right, but nothing outstanding.

I can't stand IE.
 

timewastin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: What is your web browser?

Opera. Love it. Once you get it customized right (involves a lot of .ini file editing), it's very fast and just like you want it to be.

I have plugins, referrer sending and even Javascript turned off by default, I only activate it for sites that don't work without it. Very handy.
 

merru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: What is your web browser?

1. normal uses - lolifox
2. facebook/photobucket - firefox
3. online games that requires ie - Internet Explorer (if they get some certain error with ietab)
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: What is your web browser?

FIREFOX only! Except for Windows update (IE) xD
 

Tesan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: What is your web browser?

I use Firefox but sometimes I use Internet Explorer when mozilla isn't friendly :)
 

virbens

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is your web browser?

Opera
Firefox but its popups are really gay
 

pirateninjahunter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
550
Reaction score
40
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is your web browser?

Firefox 3.0.1.4.
IE 8. (Sometimes Firefox consumes, just too much memory!!!)

I keep the history in firefox, but in IE I erase the history each time.
 

shalimar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 2, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
Ajman
Re: What is your web browser?

hi,
i was using firefox for the past 1 year, but all of a sudden, out of whim i used chrome, and it seems to be working at a lighning speed, i even tested my internet speed ((http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed

-test/

)) but there was not much change.
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is your web browser?

chrome is probably one of the better browsers out there, it is indeed extremely fast and efficient
 

konoto04

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is your web browser?

using chrome right now ie7 was good updated to ie8 and learned of the failure that is Microsoft.

tried may different browsers, chrome seems the fastest its not all that but after u get used to it u appreciate the simplicity of it.

i had one issue with chrome(compatibility) so i open safari for that specific issue or ie8.
 

Forever_Melody

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,886
Reaction score
634
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: What is your web browser?

I like Google Chrome, but currently it doesn't have all the add-ons that I use on Firefox so I can't fully switch yet; the built in developer tool isn't as polished as firebug for example.

If I need my add-ons, then I'll have to use Firefox, otherwise I'll use Chrome.
 

dpsoul

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 7, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: What is your web browser?

i use mozilla firefox and google chrome
 

raptor02_2001

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
528
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is your web browser?

i used to IE .. but some of software hard time with IE .. i tired of that some of issue need fix but i hate Update give me not help for it ...
I use FireFox for everyday ... for my personal use
IE 8 for my workplace ( i hate workplace dont allow Firefox in office)
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is your web browser?

Hey, I use both IE7 (I hate IE8 because it forces me to use Bing.com!), and Firefox 3.5.

Somehow, when I tried to post thing on this website with Firefox 3.5, it gets really weird (the white box doesn't appear, and I can't write anyting!!).
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: What is your web browser?

I've been on Firefox for years now and it's my reflex browser, but Chrome has really grown on me, like FM says, they haven't got all the add-ons Firefox has, which lets it down a bit.
 
Top