Platforms The X-Box 360 Thread

mrcongojack

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
651
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not much of a fan of Microsoft's products, they usually charge way too much. I was surprised at the release to find out that the 360 was cheaper than the PS3...what was sony thinking?

I'll probably get one this summer seeing as most good games come out on it and the PS3 is still a little too expensive for my blood.
 

patedecarne

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
4,863
Reaction score
2,841
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
currently I'm playing Devil May cry 4 in the Xbox and I have to say thats almost a perfect game, and first, hits game would be exclusively to PS3; now I'm waiting Kojima announcer Metal Gear Solid 4 for Xbox 360 and Final Fantasy 13 too, hehe!!
 

Amatersu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
360 is winning the "hard-core" game crowd right now in my mind. Wii may have best sales figures, but it doesn't really have that many A+ titles. Bioshock for one won a lot of critical praise. Gears, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Orange Box (I think)plus a bunch of multi platform titles that supposedly play better on 360. Plus, I think it's backwards compatible which means that if you didn't get an Xbox, you can play some of its games like KOTOR or Jade Empire. The only reason I got a Wii (wow that just sounds dirty =p) was for SSBB mainly, and Zelda TP. I would've got a 360 if I don't get motion sickness from playing FPSs =D
 

Hansika

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
India
XBox related Query

I want to back some of my games and profiles onto my USB stick. It is only 1 GB but when i go to Move to move the files it says my only device is my hard drive. How do I transfer it on to my USB stick?

What is the purpose of installing games into your hard drive? I dont get it. Thanks for the help.
 

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: XBox related Query

Installing games to your hard drives means that they will read of the hard drive and not the disc so it means your X-box is quieter and in many cases runs quicker and smoother.

As for the memory stick issue its just because Microsoft don't like you putting game data on memory sticks or devices that can connect to your pc easily.
 

itachisamata

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
163
Reaction score
90
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Tunisia
My friend XBOX 360 Elite just whent berserk!!!!!

to begin whit this is a story from gametrailers.com forum so i posted it here because im a victim of RROD too :s

Yesterday I was at my friend house playing Gears of War 2 on his new XBOX Elite (he had an older one but it got the RROD so he bought a new one 3 months ago). We were playing for 2 hours and all of a sudden his XBOX started making a strange noise and the fan started spinning REALLY fast, it lasted for something like 30 secs and then it just whent off. My friend gets up and turns the console on and then it apperared... the RROD! And my friend just said "WTF!!!??", and I just started laughting out loud because he's always saying that my PS3 heats up to much and that it's gonna break someday (not until now :)), after that he just says "you B****" and he kicks the XBOX and it just whent flying throught the living room (BTW I was still laughting and because of that I started to laught even harder). Then he said "that's it Im gonna sell my XBOX games and I'm gonna buy a Ps3, MGS4, KZ2 and U2!"

That day was freakin hilarious!!
 

laughing@you

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
4,096
Reaction score
1,516
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: My friend XBOX 360 Elite just whent berserk!!!!!

I have them both. the PS3 and the xbox 360 elite. probably one of the 1st elites. Two and half years later, cursed RROD came about, sent it for repaired came back haven't had any issues since. (knock on wood :p).

My PS3 though is the 80GB one that came with MGS4 bundle, for some odd reason it freezes on me. I have to get up and turn it off on the back. Don't know whats up but PS3 is not all that either!!
 

itachisamata

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
163
Reaction score
90
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Tunisia
Re: My friend XBOX 360 Elite just whent berserk!!!!!

yes but that probleme is so rare in the PS3 unlike xbox 360 there is too many consoles have turned RROD.
and they said that they fixed the problem in elite 2008 and 2009 but unfortunately it's a lie.
 

Raki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 16, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: My friend XBOX 360 Elite just whent berserk!!!!!

yes but that probleme is so rare in the PS3 unlike xbox 360 there is too many consoles have turned RROD.
and they said that they fixed the problem in elite 2008 and 2009 but unfortunately it's a lie.
Sadly this is true, Xbox360 has great library but the terrible hardware ruins it. I went 5 RROD since I bought one in July 2007. Even though I took all possible precautions (Cool room, good ventilation) the system dies. One hilarious moment is that when I recieved it back, it dies after 5 hours and MS customer service did not believe it until I tried in front of them.

Currently, the PS3 is the main console now, but I still want to know about the future Xbox360 models. Working in far remote areas is the another reason why I can't take my Xbox 360 to the customer service.
 

jackprw1

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hard time finding for the best RPG games in Xbox 360 as i did not want to waste my money on games that are not very enticing.As far as i have researched, the reviews from other websites are that Elder scrolls IV : Oblivion was the best. I thought of Fable 2 was also the best game. So what is your choice?
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Just depends on the kind of RPG's you're into. You've got the Western ones like Fable, Dragon Age, and Oblivion, but then you have the Japanese ones like Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, and Lost Odyssey. There's actually quite a bit of RPG's on the system, but yeah. It just depends on what you're looking for.
 

raptor02_2001

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
528
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I need help from xbox users or shooter fan...

I will planning to buy shooter game but hard to choose
Modern War 2 or Battlefield Bad Company 2 ...

I want to fun with game for it ( i am not good shooter, most of my friend call me Noob Shooter )

I already have shooter
Halo1,2,3, and OSDT
Call of Duty (old version)
Gear of War 1 (not 2 )
that is all

I want to know good and bad point between two game

I already have gold live online but two of game are enable xbox live...

Please don't give me " game suck or bored game " ... i want to why game is bad then "weak storyline , graphic , or not enjoy to play "
 
Last edited:

DanielKnoT

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
105
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
If you played those games before, then you SHOULD buy Modern War 2

Is amazing, great improvement. I highly recommended. ;)
 

raptor02_2001

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
528
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i have another question about Modern War 2... my friend told me .. it is okay in solo campaign but best online with mutliplayer since my vacation will begin at two week later ...

for me hard time to decide ...

Bad company or MW2... it is amazing games are good by Review but I prefer from hear from your opinion since you already play those game ... since i dont have time to rent or try it out since i am so busy ... I miss old day of game video ..

better get new or used game ( i dont mind pay new game ) ?

I will buy game in two week later but i will wait for your review or opinion..
 

Xeduz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
19
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Hmm, both games have notched up from they errors. I think its bit about preferable preferences. I mean, both games are great online, but it depends on what kind of action you want. Do you like it up close and personal, then I would say MW2 - since most fights (even sniping, unless its huge map ie: Derail/Wetlands) its at most mid range.

While BC2 in this case deals more with bigger battlegrounds and reshaping of the map, you gotta love explosives! While you have different tactics involved that uses both infantry units and armored vehicles.

Storywise single player: The biggest difference there, if I were to compare them with each other there. MW2 feels like a movie, they use music/acting and game sounds to create a layer of feeling. As you sneak silently through a snowy field, or goes gunslinger in a prison. It just races with you like its a movie and builds up.

While BC2 still lacks little bit there, I must admit I'm positive surprised about BC2 campaign, they have borrowed slightly from COD4 and what IF stared on there. It's really well made, but out of those two stories. I would say MW2 tops, while BC2 is still up there, but it lacks little bit substance to keep the pace MW2 sets in first 10mins into SP.

I hope this mini rant helps you on the choice and whatever you choose of those two, you will get a quality game.
 

raptor02_2001

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
528
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
United States
it is helpful info ... . I will buy MW2 at next week ( upcoming vacation yeah! escape from work)

I will buy MW2 in this month.. then later Battleground in next month for summer time..

thank you for your rant ( i like thread better than Gametrailer reviewers )



EDIT ::::
Damn i love MW2... damn it is better than Halo (all time) no wonder i was fool by Halo games ... since Halo is fun but it is lack of action or shooter
Hey i dont hate halo but i like halo but not enough action ..

compare to MW2... damn good but lack of story pace but I am still on single player campgian but I am on Level on White house battle ...

I will buy battleground:bad boy in July if i have free time ... i need to work to pay bills I wish Video game paid my bills... hehe
back to this topic
thank you for your opinion and help

p.s.
I will play online for try it out in next week since work call me ...




EDIT :::::::::::::::::::::::::

NEED HELP OR ADVICE FROM XBOX360 USER

I got Death Ring in my xbox after i just play MW2 plus i already update from Xbox live

I think my consoles was very old since i just bought at four or year ago ... but I will planning to buy new consoles but I wonder My HDD from old system to new system will work ?

I already look at repair xbox center .. .it is lot of money and time... to waste for me for old system for repair ...

for me , it is cheap to buy new system than rather send old system and wait for 30 day hell no .. i have limited vacation before back to work ...

what you recommend ?

xbox 360 without HDD or With HDD but i need to know about my old HDD will work at new system? because i have lot of saved game and profile
 
Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
My Xbox is 4 years old I think, maybe 3 and a half, not sure. Anyway I got the RRoD a few months back, strangely I just turned it off/on a few times and it dissapeared. Since I never got it again I figured it was just an error by my Xbox, maybe a loose cable or something. Well that's until yesterday... Brought my box to a friend of mine so that we could finish our last two spec op missions in MW2 on the hardest difficulty, been putting that out for months. I turned it on, and decided to play a few online matches to "warm up". Game froze after the 2nd game in the lobby and I went ".... Huh? This has never happened before". Turned it off/on and the RRoD appeared, *sigh*.

The thing now is that my Xbox is really old, so in a sense it's not that surprising that the RRoD finally claimed my box, especially not since my box is among the oldest and has been working tirelessly for ages. Still it doesn't mean that I didn't get fucking pissed off. It's annoying having to spend money on a new machine after all, because 1) I don't have a freaking clue where my receipt is, and because of that I... 2) Opened the box to try and fix it myself with my friends, we failed. So now there's no way they'll ever treat my box anyway even without the receipt. Yay.

Fuck this, I'm buying myself a brand new Elite version. Black is cool, and I get Halo 3: ODST, some crappy car game and Mass Effect 2 included in the package that costs about $300. With other words pretty darn cheap for my country, when you consider that I'll get a new Elite version, black is cool, 3 games where atleast one of them (ME2) is a game I wanted to buy anyway and that alone costs ~$80. I can sell the car game and Halo 3: ODST online without opening them, and I'll get a decent price for them. So all in all I'll get a Xbox Elite + black controller = I have three controllers + ME2 for about $150. That's pretty awesome if I may say so.
 
Last edited:

raptor02_2001

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
528
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mmmm

i wonder to planning to buy elite ....but i want to know about that

Green Box (without HDD)
White box ( with HDD)
Black Box (Elite)

they are same spec or difference speed ? CPU clock ??
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
The only real significant differences are these:

Xbox 360 Arcade: No HDMI cable option, small HDD
Xbox 360 Pro: HDMI, larger HDD
Xbox 360 Elite: HDMI, black (for the lulz), largest HDD.

If you're buying a new one you should definitely buy either a Pro or Elite version, so that you get the HDMI cable option for better overall quality. That's if you even got a HD TV, if you don't then it really doesn't matter. The Elite version is basically the same as the Pro version, just with a larger HDD and black design. Personally I could care less about the HDD, but the HDMI is what made me buy the Elite version (plus that I got a really good deal, and black suited better with the rest of my furniture).
 
Last edited:

raptor02_2001

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
528
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
United States
really i dont know that xbox 360 arcade dont have port HDMI since i already have Pro ... mmmi will get pro... but Elite is too pricey but black design match my bedroom ... Black and Dark wood stand ...or white and Dark wood stand...

i will decide by buy it before my birthday..(June 22)

I am more lean at Elite than Pro...

Thank you for your advice
 
Top