Discussion Theory I had for quite some time

Omnie

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
United States
What if “The One” is escanors magic?
I decided to share this theory now, although I had it for a few months now seems the best time because imagine if Mael gets sunshine allowing him to act as escanors sun

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Fun Forum
Seems unlikely given how Chandler and several other individuals have recognised "The One" as a power directly given by the sun blessing, a power Mael had as well (Chandler even called it Mael's grace).

I do believe Escanor probably has some unique aspect to the sun blessing for himself, but the 12:00 mode is shared amongst all users.

Boldon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Switzerland
Escanor is a huge mystery to be honest

1.) Is he a human or a half Goddess? (Considering the mere fact that he's alive after 30 years of sunshine)

2.) Why has the grace manifested in him? Why hasn't it just returned to the SD, or to another angel?

3.) Who tf is Rosa? Why did she shock escanor so much that he instantly fell in love with the first woman who looked like her

4.) Why does he have such a strong link with rhitta? (King summoning his sacred treasure is one thing but why can escanor do the same?)

5.) Mael's ego seemed fine no matter the time of day, but why does escanor's personality change?

My only theory for his existence? Remember the spell that Mael cast? Reincarnation?

Now assuming the girl Ludo's friend protected last chapter was Rosa and assuming she was holding a child behind that dude (escanor), and assuming that dude had sunshine or had something to do with the grace after it left Mael

Then the theory is that they were both killed still but reincarnation was cast of them

It took quite a while to take effect, like 3000 years

Then Rosa was reincarnated with the baby, but they were reincarnated apart, she eventually found him when she heard of what happened in the royal family and figured it was sunshine manifesting itself and protecting him. Then she saved him. (Why she disappeared though I have no idea)

In this instance, unlike Rosa, escanor would have no memory of his previous life since he was just a baby, he became his own person

It would explain his unexplained obsession with her and later toward Merlin (Oedipus complex)

It would explain why sunshine protected him if Ludo's friend had something to do with sunshine

It would explain why despite having a human constitution his affinity with sunshine was strong

It would explain rhitta if rhitta was planned in advance for his eventual reincarnation

It would explain his body changing, despite being a reincarnation he was now in a human body and not a goddess one so sunshine forced his body into a form that it could handle

As for his ego, I choose to believe one of two things, first being that sunshine has a side effect that changes the user, second is my favourite, it's leftover ego from Mael, it would be so funny

But that's just my headcannon until the truth is revealed

Omnie

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
United States
Q324: (Honey Magic-san from Ooita prefecture) Is Mael's personality mixed to Noon Escanor?
A: Noon Escanor is Night Escanor's (original) wish

gg ez?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Country
Fire Nation
While I do think it is the case that escanor has an innate magic of his own, I doubt The One is what his magic is. If he does has a magic of his own it does make sense that it has been at work mixed in with his other abilities without us noticing.... What if his innate magic is super regeneration? We have seen escanor has astonishing capacity to heal, specially during the day, but its not a power which is immediately obviously connected to the sun grace. Maybe it was stronger under the sun but it is an innate ability of his.... Which allowed him to withstand the grace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)