- Joined
- Aug 12, 2009
- Messages
- 66
- Reaction score
- 7
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Seeking help to understand these
対等に泰斗
This one is the title of a 4koma strip and I'm not sure how to translate the title. The context includes two slackers who are blaming each other. Chara A blames Chara B because B is making A looks lazy and vice versa. And on the last panel, their friend made a remark,
"いや…日頃の行いだろ"
桜花狂い
What is the right way to translate this title? Is it "The Madness of the Cherry Blossom", "Deviant Cherry Blossom", "Off-season Cherry Blossom" or just "Cherry Blossom Crazy"?
The story where this title comes from involves a sealed youkaizakura(?) or cherry blossom youkai that's not allowed to reach its full bloom. The tree has the ability to "invite death" whenever it reached its full bloom. I have yet to read the whole thing, but I thought I should know the proper way to read it first before translating. Oh, dunno if this will help, but the author made the book volume/chapter number like this ==> 一部咲き, 三部咲き, 五部咲き, 八部咲き, etc, instead of the conventional "Volume 1" or "Chapter 1'
And the last one, am I doing this one right? The のに after 拭く kinda confuses me.
デジタル化のお陰で当分お尻を拭くのに困らなくなったよ!
Thanks to the digitalization, we have no problem wiping our butt now!
This might help understanding the context, Gensokyo is the end destination for forgotten things. And.... the 4koma, since I think it'd be easier to understand this way.
Thanks in advance
対等に泰斗
This one is the title of a 4koma strip and I'm not sure how to translate the title. The context includes two slackers who are blaming each other. Chara A blames Chara B because B is making A looks lazy and vice versa. And on the last panel, their friend made a remark,
"いや…日頃の行いだろ"
桜花狂い
What is the right way to translate this title? Is it "The Madness of the Cherry Blossom", "Deviant Cherry Blossom", "Off-season Cherry Blossom" or just "Cherry Blossom Crazy"?
The story where this title comes from involves a sealed youkaizakura(?) or cherry blossom youkai that's not allowed to reach its full bloom. The tree has the ability to "invite death" whenever it reached its full bloom. I have yet to read the whole thing, but I thought I should know the proper way to read it first before translating. Oh, dunno if this will help, but the author made the book volume/chapter number like this ==> 一部咲き, 三部咲き, 五部咲き, 八部咲き, etc, instead of the conventional "Volume 1" or "Chapter 1'
And the last one, am I doing this one right? The のに after 拭く kinda confuses me.
デジタル化のお陰で当分お尻を拭くのに困らなくなったよ!
Thanks to the digitalization, we have no problem wiping our butt now!
This might help understanding the context, Gensokyo is the end destination for forgotten things. And.... the 4koma, since I think it'd be easier to understand this way.
Thanks in advance
Last edited: