Favorites - Top 10 favorite characters | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Top 10 favorite characters

Who is your favorite character?

• Total voters

Nirduna

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
El Salvador
1. Levi
2. Mikasa
3. Erwin
4. Hanji
5. Armin (God damn, isn't he cute? >.< Normally didn't into Yaoi but.. damn o.o)
6. Jean
7. Petra (Miss her >.<)
8. Berthold (I feel really sorry for him)
9. -
10. -

teiran

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
1. Armin - i like how his strength mixes with weakness; his mercilessness when he sees it's right; decisiveness; fragility and bravery.
2. Mikasa
3. Erwin
4. Historia
5. Berthold
6. Eren (fricker doesn't get half the credit he deserves. he's admirable)
7. Annie
8. Ymir
9. Jean
10. Hange

Last edited:

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France
1. Armin - i like how his strength mixes with weakness; his mercilessness when he sees it's right; decisiveness; fragility and bravery.
2. Mikasa
3. Erwin
4. Historia
5. Berthold
6. Eren (fricker doesn't get half the credit he deserves. he's admirable)
7. Annie
8. Ymir
9. Jean
10. Hange
Welcome in hell Teiran !

Do you have a minute to talk about our lord and savior "Freckled Jesus" ? Or maybe you want to sail the unsinkable Ymir/Historia ship ?

Anyway, because I needed to get it off my chest, I rread the few last all the chapters while being calm and all, and my verdict is : I don't hate Eren anymore... Let's say that now, I tolerate him.

So now that Eren is okay, it's still not a good reason to have no personality ! Get it Mikasa ?

I was like : "Mikasa is okay, Mikasa is okay[...], Mikasa is okay" and suddenly I sent my laptop flying through the window, it was the female titan arc...

Anyway, I just want Hitch back ! Hitch vs Jean, corrupted cop vs jerk scooter ! The match of the century.

teiran

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Oh, how sweet of you.

I had to adore a strong and loving lady, scared shitless all her life but somehow overcoming it. I liked how she handled herself those last 6 years - i admire strength, probably more than anything. Besides, I keep taking into account that she's seriously fucked in the head. Maybe she's had enough time to figure something out for herself but did she really? Before the fall she was just a deeply traumatised child, i don't think a year... a year was it? is enough time to get back to (semi-)normalcy for an adult, what to say about a ten years old kid. When her parents were killed, she still couldn't have a developed personality anyway (a fragile, oversensitive girl... i can relate) and then something like that happened. So I think she's done incredibly well given the circumstances and she isn't one-dimenshioned, really.

Erage - as I said, I admire strength. And he makes some good points. Too bad he doesn't think much before acting but it can be a good thing, sometimes. He has good character development, fecking psycho.

I promised myself I will stay away from all the ships but I couldn't not board yumikuri and stay true to myself.

Match? It would be funny to see Jean hit the poor girl (like a ton of bricks, maybe?)

Or a reforms boy versus saving private arlert. I wanna see him laugh~ think. armin would be particularly interesting in this one.

Last edited:

zastava128

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
1. Annie - tragic, contradictory and conflicted character, great female antagonist
2. Armin - intelligent and surprisingly good judge of character, good development
3. Eren - doesn't get the credit he deserves, good development
-I really like the Armin - Eren - Annie relationship (as in friendship/interaction, not shipping)
4. Reiner - like his banter and the way he starts to "become the mask"
5. Levi - badass, mysterious backstory makes me want to know more about him
6. Hanji - badass, smart, crazy combo FTW
7. Pixis - cool old guy, nuff said
8. Jean - lovable jerkass and surprisingly good soldier
9. Bertholdt - guess I like tragic characters. His two buddies are more interesting to me though.
10. Mikasa - great backstory, but almost no character development. As someone said before, she deserves better than this.

PIXISSUUU

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1 - Hanji Zoe - Shows great eccentricity, and very interesting since a character who is unstable is harder to write for. I love her scientific approach to defeating the titans. So much has been revealed by her observational prowess, and revealing mysteries in the story is what keeps me reading, so she's the best vehicle for that.
2 - Commander Erwin - Love to see a character thinking 10 steps ahead. Makes me believe the manga-ka is 20 steps ahead and is going to give us a wild ride
3 - Armin Arlert - Awesome to see a true strategist that is making a difference by thinking through the facts.
4 - Dot Pixis - Again, an eccentrist. Classic lines about how he wants to die by being eaten by a hot titan, and what makes him trust a man (bitter and sweet drinks! lol). Would have loved to have a commander like that any day.
5. Reiner Braun - Awesome because of his schizo personality. Makes him much more complex than originally thought to be, and that surprise is gratifying.
6. Annie Leonhart - Love the inner conflict in this girl. Plus she's a total hottie (because she's so existential).
7. Jean Kirstein - Awesome because of his inner conflict. Has no desire to be a hero but ends up being one of those people that has greatness forced upon them.
8. Levi "Hae-jo" - Levi is great because he has seen so much death that he just isn't affected by it anymore. Yes, he's a badass, but he's also super crafty. Anyone who can commit himself and others to a rebellion is a badass.

The rest are just typical hero or enemy archetypes and are less interesting except as driver's to a plot. I prefer characters to surprise me with their humanity and their weaknesses. Complex heros match up with a complex story.

Last edited:

ToriLynn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 54 Discussion/55 Prediction

i'm not trying to sound so focused on one specific character, but i just wish they'd have more of Armin you know? Mikasa is still facing her feelings toward Eren, and now Historia is becoming a major character. i just feel like Armin is being pushed back into the minor characters XD

we all have our character quirks XD and when it comes to having a favorite, face it, we want to see more of them XD

but it doesn't seem like the manga is ending anytime soon, so hopefully i have nothing to worry about.

one more thing: did anyone else get anxious when Mikasa had that moment with Eren when she thanked him for wrapping the scarf around her?! i seriously thought she was going to confess to him! <3

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Armin is so great I think he is likely to die, even if he is a MC.[/SPOILER]
I don't like your choice of words

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

is it weird, or wrong, that i'm slowly drifting from the AnnieXArmin side to the JeanXArmin side? :teehee

Last edited:

Freelance7

Reaction score
Country
United States

1. Annie - My absolute favorite character, she developed really well and I hope she becomes a good guy later on, and I like her martial arts
2. Eren - I like the protagonist, we have a lot in common, I voted for him to give him more votes.
3. Levi - He is badass, that is all
4. Mikasa - I don't think too highly of Mikasa, I think she is alright, yeah she is a badass, but she needs more emotions in my opinion, she is kinda boring
5. Armin - I like him because even though he is the wuss of the show, he still has his badass moments.
6. Hange - I just find her funny
7. Sasha - Also funny
8. Krista - She is just a sweet character, very kind to everyone
9. Erwin - He is a stern character, he takes other people's bull and throws it away
10. Jean - He is alright, I don't care for him that much
It seems like I am the only Eren + Annie shipper here, I like them as a couple. I can't see Eren and Mikasa because it just doesn't seem right. I think Annie is a good guy, but she just had no choice but to do her objective, which included killing anyone who got in her way, which, while it is wrong, I think is kinda justified. In my opinion its Levi's squad that got themselves killed because they guilt tripped Eren, asking him if he trusted them, if Eren turned into a titan first, a bunch more lives would have been saved. I could say a whole bunch of things to defend Annie, but I don't want to be a huge Annie fanboy. But I will say this, Annie is my desktop.

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France

Hi there, and welcome, I see that Ymir isn't in your list so I'll go and summon Badluckartist, then go get some baseball bats with him and discuss politely your character tastes in Shingeki No Kyojin.

More honestly, Armin is a wuss ? Not mentally at least, because he has developed one of the strongest minds in universe. For Hange, Sasha, Krista and Jean, I just died internally, just a little bit, a little little bit.

And good news everyone, after tolerating Eren, now I even tolerate Mikasa ! I don't have a single character that I hate now. Woohoo !

ToriLynn

Reaction score
Country
United States

i sort of tolerate Mikasa, but i wish Eren wasn't her main priority

Yumirusama

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
1. Ymir wonderful character, she acts selfish and bitchy but she's actually very kind. She's saved a lot of characters too (Erwin, Reiner. Bert, Historia, Connie, etc, etc) She says she's going to live for her own sake but she keeps jumping in death's jaw just because she cares too much about others. I also like her attachment to Historia, and the fact that she has a lot of mystery surrounding her character also makes me like her more and more. I love her to bits:^_^
2. Historia NOT CHRISTA. I like how Historia is developing independently from Ymir. I like how she's willing to do anything for Ymir, too.
3. Erwin based Erwin. He's willing to throw everything away for humanity's sake.
4. Connie I just like the guy, and it's too bad he's being kept in the background. I like his honest personality. Guy deserves some credit
5. Hanji I like that she can be crazy one moment and the next she can be completely serious
6. Mikasa I like how she's willing to do anything to protect Eren. Although her devotion can get annoyinh at times, and you can see how Eren gets annoyed at this too.
7. Annie You simply know that she feels guilt for her actions, yet she's forced to be someone she doesn't want to be.
8. Reiner I like his split personality. How he created a false fantasy to escape from the cruel reality. makes me feel sorry for him.
9. Sasha I don't think anyone could dislike the comic relief character. She's also very courageous.
10. Mirror girl Yeah the latest chapter made me want to like the mystery girl from Historia's flashback. She seems to be a tragic character.

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France
Funny how someone really drew up a scenario of it, sort of. :p
What does it say ? I should learn Japanese ! That's just so frustrating !

Any idea of what it says ? ;_; Please ?

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What does it say ? I should learn Japanese ! That's just so frustrating !

Any idea of what it says ? ;_; Please ?
I read the first page earlier. The gist there is that Jean is somehow transferred to the MP, can't find Marco, doesn't see anyone he knows, and is starting to get cold feet about being there when suddenly Hitch shows up with her fake smile and he's transformed (also Marco shows up in the background at the end, excitedly saying "Jean's here!")

Kiba

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
1.Erwin Smith - A true leader just risk all for humanitys sake
2.Eren Jäger - Somehow he doesnt gains any praise even though he is the one fighting,also crazy badass character
3.Levi - Sacrificed many lives also under Erwins Order even his close friends,badass fighter mankinds best
4.Mikasa - a bit maybe too eren addicted (atleast i hope they really get togehter),sad and beautiful background story
5.Bertholdt - He really doesnt wanted to kill anyone but he had to?,i want to know why and i also feel sorry for him,and he loves annie :D
6.Dot Pixis - He is just epic old dude ,the whitebeard of the Aot world i call him xD
7.Hanji - She is cool ,crazy ,epic ,funny and really has a great character develop
8.Annie - She is also badass strong ,she is so far at my ranking because she killed Levis squad x_x
9.Hannes/Ian Dietrich - Gets not mentioned even though he saved Eren and Mikasa ,brave person / Throws away his life to save another ones
10.Grisha Jäger - Just who the Hell are you really

Shrapnel893

Reaction score
Country
United States
1.) Krista Lenz / Historia Reiss
2.) Ymir
3.) Annie Leonhart
4.) Erwin Smith
5.) Reiner Braun
6.) Hange Zoe
7.) Jean Kirstein
8.) Sasha Blouse
9.) Connie Springer
10.) Mina Carolina

BobobVanBlob

Reaction score
Country
France
Welcome there!

I don't know where to put it, and because it concern one of my favs in SnK, I'll post it here. They had a live reading event, and they told Jean's backstory :

“Three years ago, when I decided to enlist into military training, everyone in Trost laughs at me – friends, acquaintances, everyone. They saw me as a joke. Saying how I must have been crazy to decide joining the military. No, that must be how most in the world think, simply going with the flow. ‘It’s true being a farmer’s backbreaking labour. Even though (we’ll) still be poor with all the hard work, but at least (we) won’t be titans food’, those people would say.
Don’t * with me. I’ll join the MP to “fight back”. I’ll become MP, and live peacefully, lavishly in the inner lands. I’ll become MP and say to those people, “Just you see.” Then I earned the qualification to become MP; without help from anyone, all accomplished by my own strength.
But I’ve chosen (to join) the Scouting Legion. Why… “

Sauce here

ToriLynn

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey, guys, i found this randomly on google, and i was wondering what chapter this came from?

also, what chapter is this from?

Last edited:

nesean

Reaction score
Country
Canada

also, what chapter is this from?
chapter 15, page 3

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

hey, guys, i found this randomly on google, and i was wondering what chapter this came from?
chapter 3, page 17

Yoichi Hiruma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Levi

Annie

Eren

Ymir

Mikasa

I don't have a top 10, more like a top 5 :mono