Hangout - Tournament Hangout Thread | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

Favorite Group

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Suzaku was robbed. But the greatest sin of this tournament is still that 13 people voted for Jacob.
Jacob Statham is GOAT, you still don't get it :pwnge

Base Natsu, this is Dragon Force.
He doesn't start in DF tho, and I've never seen anyone activate DF in one second, which is all that Suzaku needs

predictable result.

better to see Natsu win the tournament than others I guess.

oh well, it's slightly better than the last tournament :teehee:3c
I wasn't in MH back in the days, but checked out the thread regardless

Amazing how August and Eileen got past Zeref and Natsu lmao. WTF was that

At least here, we can at least agree that DF Natsu is the strongest character in the tournament, so him winning isn't that bad

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
He doesn't start in DF tho, and I've never seen anyone activate DF in one second, which is all that Suzaku needs
I mean, now that we know Selene is intentionally jobbing and that she's probably going to use the DEs for her own goals, it's safe to assume that Natsu and co will fight the BDSK and defeat them one way or another.

Also, congratulations on winning! :3

Steven

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The moment you realize Natsu is one of the strongest dudes in this show and still fodder for DG´s

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I mean, now that we know Selene is intentionally jobbing and that she's probably going to use the DEs for her own goals, it's safe to assume that Natsu and co will fight the BDSK and defeat them one way or another.

Also, congratulations on winning! :3
Sure, you're probably right about the future, considering how Mashima writes. Still, as of current chapter, Suzaku one shots base Natsu in like a second

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Jacob Statham is GOAT, you still don't get it :pwnge

I wasn't in MH back in the days, but checked out the thread regardless

Amazing how August and Eileen got past Zeref and Natsu lmao. WTF was that

At least here, we can at least agree that DF Natsu is the strongest character in the tournament, so him winning isn't that bad
Irene shouldn't have made it into the finals at all. Other than DF Natsu and Zeref even August and Gildarts can beat her , without any DS advantage. Gildarts crashed August and would've killed him if not for his ability to nullify , his hax will work on Irene. Scales don't provide automatic immunity against magic , they're just really tough and they make up as a component of the dragon themselves. There is no reason they wouldn't have been considered when putting her and August at same level.

But well it's understandable , that was the time when Mashima was delivering rubbish one after the other and being objective in such a situation is difficult due to the salt. You don't feel like putting in effort to think when the mangaka himself doesn't.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Irene shouldn't have made it into the finals at all. Other than DF Natsu and Zeref even August and Gildarts can beat her , without any DS advantage. Gildarts crashed August and would've killed him if not for his ability to nullify , his hax will work on Irene. Scales don't provide automatic immunity against magic , they're just really tough and they make up as a component of the dragon themselves. There is no reason they wouldn't have been considered when putting her and August at same level.
Honestly, without CIS, August is the most OP mage to every exist in the series.
He should have all the Spriggans' abilities, bar maybe Serena (lacrima), Wahl (machine) and Bradman (curse). Imagine him with mass manipulation, timestop, transport, enchantment etc lol. Adding to that, countless other spells he copied over his lifetime, including those of everyone in Crime Sorceire

Mashima sometimes don't even realize how broken he's making certain characters when he creates them.

As for Eileen, yea August defeats her. He's the strongest Spriggan as per canon. He also has fire DS magic too.
Gildarts can beat her human form (tbh I can see others doing that as well, her human form isn't that impressive). But I don't see crash working on her dragon form. The scales are probably too tough to be crashed as well.
IMO, in Alverez arc, only Acno, Natsu, Zeref, August and maybe Laxus (depending on who gets a clean strike first) can defeat dragon Eileen.

The finals should've been Natsu vs Zeref

But well it's understandable , that was the time when Mashima was delivering rubbish one after the other and being objective in such a situation is difficult due to the salt. You don't feel like putting in effort to think when the mangaka himself doesn't.
True.
This is also why people are downplaying Suzaku a lot lol.

Because they think sooner of later, the dude is going down to FT top tiers. And they're most likely right. Meaning, the current downplay is merely prophesy of things yet to come

Mashima simply doesn't care.
Suzaku one shotted Erza and Natsu, clean and casual. No hax, no off-guard, nothing. Pure overwhelming stats, as simple as that.
The next arc Mashima will pretend like that never happened, and suddenly Erza or Laxus or Jellal is gonna hold their own against him. With zero explanation

We now see a DG in dragon form can one shot his superior too.
Wait until she starts jobbing suddenly when she faces the good guys lmao. Just like how Acno didn't one shot Jellal over like what, 10 chapters? I forgot. Laughable.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother debating all this powerscaling lol, it's not like Mashima has an ounce of logical though or respect for this series anymore. IMHO we have the spinoff only because Edens Zero didn't kick off as Mashima expected

Last edited:

Fairies Flame

Reaction score
Country
Australia
As a Natsu fan myself, I was honestly expecting Suzaku to take first place because of the chapter where he one shot Erza and Natsu. But I guess later chapters will probably show both Natsu and Erza surpassing Suzaku. Anyways, loved seeing my favourite character in first.

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
IMHO we have the spinoff only because Edens Zero didn't kick off as Mashima expected
Ngl,you have a point

Like Kishi going back to Borito after S8 got axed

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yeah we have. Selene just oneshotted George. George is stronger than Suzaku. Suzaku is stronger than Natsu and Erza combined, which also makes him stronger than Gildarts.
I said FT group, not fodder like George who absolutely did nothing on panel.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I said FT group, not fodder like George who absolutely did nothing.
Fodder like George, who's >> Suzaku, who one shotted Natsu and Erza 🙃

Yea no, DGs >>>>>> Gildarts

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Fodder like George, who's >> Suzaku, who one shotted Natsu and Erza 🙃
Erza and Natsu who both were battling for quite a while anyway and who were not at their peak, Show me one single feat on panel that George did that is worth anything that is not statements

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Show me one single feat on panel that George did that is worth anything that is not statements
No need to. Mashima, through Suzaku, tells us George >> Suzaku

That's all we need, cause Mashima > you.

In absence of feats, hype/statements reign supreme

It is of course possible that Mashima ignores everything he stated now, and retcons stuff. But until that happens, George >> Suzaku
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Erza and Natsu who both were battling for quite a while anyway and who were not at their peak,
Like that mattered against Eileen, Zeref, Acno and Aldo?

"Not being fresh" never matters in the series, unless stated otherwise.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
No need to. Mashima, through Suzaku, tells us George >> Suzaku

That's all we need, cause Mashima > you.

In absence of feats, hype/statements reign supreme

It is of course possible that Mashima ignores everything he stated now, and retcons stuff. But until that happens, George >> Suzaku
and through Mashima stated Gildarts was too powerful for the series to appear in it is simply that, Suzaku significance is greatly downgraded.

Yet Irene and August fought against Erza and Gildarts when they are fresh or close to it and they still were not defeated, Acno is above what Aldo was when Natsu did not need power ups.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
and through Mashima stated Gildarts was too powerful for the series to appear in it is simply that, Suzaku significance is greatly downgraded.

Yet Irene and August fought against Erza and Gildarts when they are fresh or close to it and they still were not defeated, Acno is above what Aldo was when Natsu did not need power ups.
That has several interpretations other than "Gildarts can compete with DGs".
Utterly ridiculous claim

Erza had 2 Spriggan fights where she almost died, in last two days. Then she fought against Berserk soldiers and got injured in the process. Then she blocked END/Gray, and got her arms visibly injured (one cracking, and other charred). Erza was nowhere close to being fresh when she fought Eileen. In fact, she was less fresh against Eileen than against Suzaku lmao
August fought near fresh Gildarts. I was only talking about Eileen, Zeref, Acno and Aldoron. Why bring in August here?

Those trying to downplay Suzaku by "Natsu and Erza weren't fresh", must also apply the same standards to Zeref, Eileen and Aldoron.

Or else you're exposing yourselves to be massive hypocrites who use that logic only when it works in your favor

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Honestly, without CIS, August is the most OP mage to every exist in the series.
He should have all the Spriggans' abilities, bar maybe Serena (lacrima), Wahl (machine) and Bradman (curse). Imagine him with mass manipulation, timestop, transport, enchantment etc lol. Adding to that, countless other spells he copied over his lifetime, including those of everyone in Crime Sorceire

Mashima sometimes don't even realize how broken he's making certain characters when he creates them.

As for Eileen, yea August defeats her. He's the strongest Spriggan as per canon. He also has fire DS magic too.
Gildarts can beat her human form (tbh I can see others doing that as well, her human form isn't that impressive). But I don't see crash working on her dragon form. The scales are probably too tough to be crashed as well.
IMO, in Alverez arc, only Acno, Natsu, Zeref, August and maybe Laxus (depending on who gets a clean strike first) can defeat dragon Eileen.

The finals should've been Natsu vs Zeref

True.
This is also why people are downplaying Suzaku a lot lol.

Because they think sooner of later, the dude is going down to FT top tiers. And they're most likely right. Meaning, the current downplay is merely prophesy of things yet to come

Mashima simply doesn't care.
Suzaku one shotted Erza and Natsu, clean and casual. No hax, no off-guard, nothing. Pure overwhelming stats, as simple as that.
The next arc Mashima will pretend like that never happened, and suddenly Erza or Laxus or Jellal is gonna hold their own against him. With zero explanation

We now see a DG in dragon form can one shot his superior too.
Wait until she starts jobbing suddenly when she faces the good guys lmao. Just like how Acno didn't one shot Jellal over like what, 10 chapters? I forgot. Laughable.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother debating all this powerscaling lol, it's not like Mashima has an ounce of logical though or respect for this series anymore. IMHO we have the spinoff only because Edens Zero didn't kick off as Mashima expected
As far as I'm concerned I have Gildarts beating her Dragon form as well. I have never bought that much into dragon scales hype either way , the reason Jura tiers couldn't harm the GMG dragons was cause the dragons were just above them in power. The fact that Wendy could harm them is more a testament to DS magic than their scales giving them an advantage. This is put into perspective when Alvarez Base Natsu can just oneshot Jura tiers with a roar without any significant effort. Dragon Irene is on August's level , when she was placed there her scales would've been taken into consideration as well , there's no reason to exclude particularly that. People on the dragon's level should be strong enough to bypass their scales and hurt them. It is no different from a hax , if you're on the person's level you can overcome it , cause it is a part of dragon body. Gildarts' hax worked on August , so it should work on Irene as well. And Crash is a hax , toughness or whatever doesn't determine whether he can crash it or not , power level does.

Reason Mashima made that statement about Gildarts is cause all the BDSK's haven't shown up yet. When Gildarts appears he is fighting a BDSK. Mashima didn't consider Dragon Gods in that statement , cause it's very obvious to anyone reading the sequel. DG's are Natsu's enemy to fight. Diabolos guild is rest of FT's members' hurdle to overcome to get stronger. Their plot is fighting Diabolos. Obviously Gildarts won't show up until Diabolos' top tiers do.