Tower Climbing Time.

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't come with anything fancy, it's just a real doubt.

Why do people take so long to climb the tower?

I don't particularly remember many details about it, just a few points:

- You can take the test alone or in a team

- Demands money (points) to do or redo the tests.

With that, I wonder why they take so long to go up?

I understand teams like Wangnan who didn't have many powerful members besides Baam and Yihwa (which at that time was more of a hindrance than a help).

But what about teams like the twins? They are definitely all members of the 10 families, so they must be relatively good for their category, so why are they taking so long to rise?

And not only that, Yuri and Urek are praised for their ascent time, of course, Urek doesn't count for obvious reasons, but the fact that Yuri only takes 200 years is considered incredible.

You may think, "Isn't it because the test is difficult?". Well I don't see people like WW and Yas having a problem with testing and even then, according to FB, it took them a few hundred years to become rankers.

Anyway, I just wanted to expose my doubt about it.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
My only guess from pure speculation is they get involved with shit on each floor. Like temp jobs, relationships, power-struggles, even entertainment and such. That and/or they have to spend time training in anticipation for the tests.

IIRC, somewhere I read an average time is 500 years?

Would that then mean it's about 4 years per floor, give or take, on average?

Considering each floor is continent-sized, there should be a lot to do.

Although with ships you'd think even they could just traverse them in a day... right to the trial grounds.

Perhaps certain tests are only held periodically, and they must wait for an opening?

Even Urek at 50 years to top the tower spend a little less than half a year per floor on average. Now, there's no way he couldn't just take each test in a day if it were up to him. And, he was chasing Phanta, and entered pretty close to fully-powered (at least compared to other irregulars besides Enryu and Phanta), so he'd have the power and motivation to climb even faster than a floor a day if he could. Must have been something restrictive.
 

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Perhaps certain tests are only held periodically, and they must wait for an opening?
I thought about this because I vaguely remember that the Baam team on the 21st floor had to schedule and if they had lost there they would have taken some time to try again, however this remains to be confirmed as it has been a long time since I reread ToG.

My only alternative to Urek is that he did the Admin test right away.

And really, maybe there are regulars who just enjoy the moment. Because team Lesoo always climbed the tower very fast, they were already D rank in the workshop battle and always arrived before the train people on the other floors.

In the case of difficulty I also find it strange because Charles says that he is considered an "elite ranker" because he only failed a test from rank-B. And let's face it, DDs of the 10 Zahard families and princesses as regulars should be infinitely superior to him, so the tests themselves shouldn't be a problem at this point.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I thought about this because I vaguely remember that the Baam team on the 21st floor had to schedule and if they had lost there they would have taken some time to try again, however this remains to be confirmed as it has been a long time since I reread ToG.

My only alternative to Urek is that he did the Admin test right away.

And really, maybe there are regulars who just enjoy the moment. Because team Lesoo always climbed the tower very fast, they were already D rank in the workshop battle and always arrived before the train people on the other floors.

In the case of difficulty I also find it strange because Charles says that he is considered an "elite ranker" because he only failed a test from rank-B. And let's face it, DDs of the 10 Zahard families and princesses as regulars should be infinitely superior to him, so the tests themselves shouldn't be a problem at this point.
Urek really breaks the story.

Because he can do the admin challenge from first setting foot on the floor. He should have been able to one-day/one-shot each floor.

and yet, again, just under half a year spent per floor on average. While 50 years is nothing, he had intent to get to the top quick, and the means better than anyone else every save rank 1 and 2 individuals/irregulars.

Maybe he was spending his time to 'clear' each floor as not being where Phanta was hiding out?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Slightly relevant, but I also wonder if Enryu and/or Phanta actually ended up ranking. Both appear to have just teleported into their respective floors they were noteworthy on from the outside, but that isn't explicitly-stated. FUG and Zahard even seem to think all irregulars will show up on 1F/2F to be discovered, and we know that Urek had to climb. Maybe Enryu entered traditionally, stayed under the radar, then kicked the door down to 43F so to speak... it's not clear if he entered on 43F straight from the outside or not.

Phanta, as an axis, makes sense he could enter from any starting point he'd like.

But, Enryu is not an axis, though he's broken as an irregular all the same. The image of him 'entering the tower' gates shows him showing up right to 43F. I was never sure if that was supposed to be an actual representation of his tower entrance, or a figurative one to show that once he entered he beelined to 43F.

My current take is they just teleported into various floors, and then just as easily out of them.
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,888
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Huhhhhhhhh?!?!?!
Are we not all reading the same story…..Not to be arrogant but it this is constantly getting shown and explained to us as the story progresses.

The Tower isn’t easy to climb. It’s huge ASF; Each Floor is as Big as North America. Most of the travel that takes years or months we don’t see. Ex. It took years to heal Kuhn searching on a floor for a Yeon family head.

The Sociology, Politics of climbing is also complicated. Finding trust worthy, adequate teammates. Luck. Failing test are highly possible. Meeting superior teams are likely depending on how cautious you are. Getting stuck on a floor due to its culture, laws, rules, etc etc

The FH/10GW IMO could have climbed the tower in the same speed as Urek did. They didn’t because they were exploring the Tower on their grand adventure.
 

Aliblack

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2021
Messages
710
Reaction score
2,025
Age
33
Country
Iran
Perhaps certain tests are only held periodically, and they must wait for an opening?
I thought about this because I vaguely remember that the Baam team on the 21st floor had to schedule and if they had lost there they would have taken some time to try again, however this remains to be confirmed as it has been a long time since I reread ToG.

My only alternative to Urek is that he did the Admin test right away.
In chapter 115, Issu explained that from the 30th floor on, you could take a test once a year.

So how could Urek finish in 50 years? The answer depends on at what intervals tests are given between floors. If I take a test on the 30th floor, the test on the next floor is given at random or for example, in a few weeks? I think they perform these tests with a little time difference for those who want to climb the tower so fast. If it's completely random, Urek's record heavily depends on his luck. Another possibility is that he could take the admins' tests. Because it hasn't shown he has climbed like the 13 warriors, I assume he took the test in the usual way. Khun and other regulars have climbed the floors very quickly in several cases. When they wanted to reach the trains and when they wanted to reach Bam when he just woke up.
Of course, SIU might give them those chances for the sake of the plot. I hope there is a logic behind this.

I agree with Jubei that they do some other activities. SIU said in one of his blogposts that after passing the 20th floor's test, most of the regulars just do nothing but fool around and enjoy themselves. However, Yuri's case is mentioned as an achievement, so some regulars are serious about finishing the climb. Training might be a good excuse, but not for everyone. Ran and Androssi learn shinsu techniques at an astonishing speed. The difficulty of tests is not a very good reason because the tests are taken against other regulars. Teams like Issu and the twin's teams are superior to even higher-in-rank teams. They fail in rare instances like when Androssi and Anak couldn't cooperate well and failed the test. So this brings us to another possibility that SIU has changed his plan.
Blogpost Chapter 190: "For an easy telling of the story, the rate at which the current Regulars are climbing the Tower is slightly faster than the original setting. In terms of the storyline, I must consider the events after their Regulars days, so I would appreciate it if you kept this in mind as you continue reading. I can’t completely break the setting either, so there could be a long time skip in the later parts of the story."

We will see a long time skip, then, if he hasn't changed his plan again.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
The Tower isn’t easy to climb. It’s huge ASF; Each Floor is as Big as North America. Most of the travel that takes years or months we don’t see.
I can understand on foot. But most relevant parties have ships, and someone like Urek could find his way onto one via his strength. I can fly coast to coast of NA and back, about, what 4 to 5 times in 24 hours? Why could not a suspendium ship not make the trip in a fraction of that?

And why would Urek need to travel at all? He can call on the admin from the start (inside his mind or however that works) setting foot on the floor, and then take whatever admin test there is.

Ex. It took years to heal Kuhn searching on a floor for a Yeon family head.
I wouldn't exactly say this is apples to apples. That's searching for a specific hidden person on a continent-sized landmass, full of exotic, primitive beings with languages you don't understand.

As opposed to the clearly known and designated testing sites.

The Sociology, Politics of climbing is also complicated. Finding trust worthy, adequate teammates. Luck. Failing test are highly possible. Meeting superior teams are likely depending on how cautious you are. Getting stuck on a floor due to its culture, laws, rules, etc etc
This is relevant to the normal regulars. What about the beasts like the irregulars and princesses and the like?

The FH/10GW IMO could have climbed the tower in the same speed as Urek did. They didn’t because they were exploring the Tower on their grand adventure.
Maybe Zahard alone could, or maybe as a group they certainly could, but we'll never know if the others on their own could have been as fast as Urek as they didn't have the current system to go up in. For instance I doubt a sole TuPerie, even if irregular, could match Urek's speed. Maybe he'd come close though, who knows.

Rei certainly couldn't because he'd see a 'hot' dolphin or something and get side-tracked. He's like The Deep from The Boys...
 

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
In chapter 115, Issu explained that from the 30th floor on, you could take a test once a year.

So how could Urek finish in 50 years? The answer depends on at what intervals tests are given between floors. If I take a test on the 30th floor, the test on the next floor is given at random or for example, in a few weeks? I think they perform these tests with a little time difference for those who want to climb the tower so fast. If it's completely random, Urek's record heavily depends on his luck. Another possibility is that he could take the admins' tests. Because it hasn't shown he has climbed like the 13 warriors, I assume he took the test in the usual way. Khun and other regulars have climbed the floors very quickly in several cases. When they wanted to reach the trains and when they wanted to reach Bam when he just woke up.
Of course, SIU might give them those chances for the sake of the plot. I hope there is a logic behind this.

I agree with Jubei that they do some other activities. SIU said in one of his blogposts that after passing the 20th floor's test, most of the regulars just do nothing but fool around and enjoy themselves. However, Yuri's case is mentioned as an achievement, so some regulars are serious about finishing the climb. Training might be a good excuse, but not for everyone. Ran and Androssi learn shinsu techniques at an astonishing speed. The difficulty of tests is not a very good reason because the tests are taken against other regulars. Teams like Issu and the twin's teams are superior to even higher-in-rank teams. They fail in rare instances like when Androssi and Anak couldn't cooperate well and failed the test. So this brings us to another possibility that SIU has changed his plan.
Blogpost Chapter 190: "For an easy telling of the story, the rate at which the current Regulars are climbing the Tower is slightly faster than the original setting. In terms of the storyline, I must consider the events after their Regulars days, so I would appreciate it if you kept this in mind as you continue reading. I can’t completely break the setting either, so there could be a long time skip in the later parts of the story."

We will see a long time skip, then, if he hasn't changed his plan again.
I understand the rapid rise at certain points, of course the plot needs to flow, I speak in the general context, you know?

In this case you are saying that a person can only take the test for one floor once a year, correct?

For example, if I am on floor 60 and I pass, as soon as possible I can schedule the test for floor 61, however, if I fail, only 1 year from now, would that be it?

My headcannon here will always be that Urek did the admin test, the only possible solution I can see for him.

Yes, it's normal for powerful teams with a lot of money to go up fast and that's exactly my point, the twins should be on a much higher floor than now, they seem to be in the average of season 1 people who are climbing the tower around a few 11~15 years old? Since they've been around for a long time. Even SIU said that unlike E-rank, people quickly pass D-rank.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The Tower isn’t easy to climb. It’s huge ASF; Each Floor is as Big as North America. Most of the travel that takes years or months we don’t see. Ex. It took years to heal Kuhn searching on a floor for a Yeon family head.
People don't play hide and seek with testing sites, these places are widely known, your argument here makes no sense.

The Sociology, Politics of climbing is also complicated. Finding trust worthy, adequate teammates. Luck. Failing test are highly possible. Meeting superior teams are likely depending on how cautious you are. Getting stuck on a floor due to its culture, laws, rules, etc etc
This is a problem for mere mortals, the regulars of the 10 families and the princesses don't have to worry about it because they can have several teams under their command.

Aguero single-handedly put together an elite team, team Lesoo was a strong team too and they graduated from 2F.

The FH/10GW IMO could have climbed the tower in the same speed as Urek did. They didn’t because they were exploring the Tower on their grand adventure.
These are extremely different situations.

Urek already entered the tower being strong at first, the 13GW grew inside.

Second, they were explorers, that's for sure. It doesn't make any sense to compare, Urek rose under a recent and already consolidated system, the 13GW had to fight against several Shinheuh in primitive situations, such as the absence of light, so the positions exist.

Want another example? Roger and Luffy's journey. Roger traveled all blue until he decided to conquer the Grand Line and from there the One Piece was created. Luffy already had a goal in mind, the last island, he didn't need to travel around the world.
 

Aliblack

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2021
Messages
710
Reaction score
2,025
Age
33
Country
Iran
I understand the rapid rise at certain points, of course the plot needs to flow, I speak in the general context, you know?

In this case you are saying that a person can only take the test for one floor once a year, correct?

For example, if I am on floor 60 and I pass, as soon as possible I can schedule the test for floor 61, however, if I fail, only 1 year from now, would that be it?

I don't find Yuri's record amazing. They can beat the record if they climb the tower this fast. For example, Twin's teams might fail the tests if a strong team like Issu's is against them. The chance of it happening is negligible and even if it happens, it would do once in a millennium. It doesn't much affect their pace.
 

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

I don't find Yuri's record amazing. They can beat the record if they climb the tower this fast. For example, Twin's teams might fail the tests if a strong team like Issu's is against them. The chance of it happening is negligible and even if it happens, it would do once in a millennium. It doesn't much affect their pace.
Oh, so it's just like I thought, you as a person only get one chance a year.

Well, it's an incredible feat when she was the fastest person to climb the tower that we have mention so far. Urek doesn't even count.
 

Aliblack

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2021
Messages
710
Reaction score
2,025
Age
33
Country
Iran
Oh, so it's just like I thought, you as a person only get one chance a year.

Well, it's an incredible feat when she was the fastest person to climb the tower that we have mention so far. Urek doesn't even count.
I would like to know what was Adori's record. She's like a record-breaker. SIU doesn't dare give this information, anymore.
 

hblock

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2019
Messages
1,114
Reaction score
1,298
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Empire
It's because no matter how strong you're, you're forced to wait a certain amount of time before passing the test.
Remember that inside the HT, which is considered a shortcut, you need to wait a whole month before the floor test. The amount is considerably higher if you climb normally and it's gets longer and longer the higher you're.
Also, wait time is much longer if you fail. Shibisu said that in the 30s floor range, you need to wait at least a full year to get another chance.
 
Top