Movies Toy Story Thread

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the Toy Story Thread!
:confetti​


Arguably, one of the best movie series to have ever come out from Pixar "and Disney" studios. Awesome stories, fun-loving characters, action-packed, there are always hilarious moments to remember and all in all an entertaining experience that anyone and everyone can appreciate. :D

Discuss, debate and share some of your fondest memories of Woody & co's adventures.

Start up questions:

- Who's your favourite character(s)?
- Which movie did you like the most? (1,2 or 3)
- Do you own any of the toys (or other TS merchandise)?
- Favourite/funniest moments?

Enjoy and have fun! ;)​
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I enjoyed 1 and 2 and now they came to my theater as a 3D version - but number 3 has not yet come by so look forward to that one. Still, I enjoy more some of Pixars other work like "Bolt" etc.
Bolt is actually not a Pixar movie, but from Disney Animation Studios. And if you ask me, it shows, because it's worse than any Pixar movie to date, imo (yes, even Cars).

Anyway, about the topic... my favorite Toy Story movie is probably the original. But TS2 is not far behind, as it is in my book one of the best sequels ever made. I have yet to see the third installment, though (coming out on August 27 in Sweden), but maaaaaaaaaan am I looking forward to that.

I used to have a lot of Toy Story toys, and had bedclothing with Buzz and Woody on them. Ah, good times. :tem
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
What happened to the two previous posts? :o

- Who's your favourite character(s)?

Mr Potato Head, Ham & Woody. The Little Green Men (L.G.M) are pretty awesoem as well!

- Which movie did you like the most? (1,2 or 3)

I would have to say the first one. I was like 5/6 years old when I first went to watch it at the cinema and it definitely brings back a lot of childhood memories. :amuse

They're all awesome! :shakefist

- Do you own any of the toys (or other TS merchandise)?

I got the TS1 Buzz Lightyear action figure (the big one!) for christmas lol a long time ago. I also have the rest of the smaller figures of the main characters of the first movie but I don't have a clue where they are now in the house. xD

- Favourite/funniest moments?

hehehe too many but here's one clip for now. :XD
 

wilsontom

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Buzz Lightyear and Sheriff Woody are my favorite characters.
Toy Story 3, Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue
Yes, I have a Buzz Lightyear.
I have Many Funniest moments. Toy Story 3 is Hilarious. Me and my girlfriend were seen it and we enjoy together.
 

jonsan633

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Toy Story 3 is interesting movie. it has made my blood freeze.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
I do not know why jonsan633 liked the third part but for me I think the story needed to be more complex and it was. I mean Andy grew up and the toys were not his interest anymore. Especially the ending needed to be special and I think it was. I loved how Andy gave away his toys, showing his connection with them. It was done beautifully and most of all Woody realized that too.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I know this thread was created last year, but I had just recently got the chance to watch the movie.
- Who's your favourite character(s)?
I like all the characters, but my favorite is Woody. :) I’ll let Andy explain, because he does it so well, the reasons why Woody is my fav:

Andy: Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.

- Which movie did you like the most? (1,2 or 3)
I can’t really answer that atm, I would need to re-watch Toy Story 1 and 2 because I vaguely remember them.

- Do you own any of the toys (or other TS merchandise)?
No. But I thought it was kind of cute and funny that this phone was the very same one I had when I was a little girl. Seeing that phone sure made feel nostalgic and brought back some childhood memories.

- Favourite/funniest moments?
I can’t pick just one, but I must say I loved Spanish Buzz :XD What a great dancer!! Ole! And he was very romantico. ;)
 
Last edited:

agatha012

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I like The Little Green Men...This movie is amazing guys...
 

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
232
Reaction score
108
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I remember (actually, my mom told us this story a few times) when we (my sisters and I) were really little, we went to watch Toys Story (not sure if it's I or II) at the movie theaters. My youngest sister threw up. We were in the FRONT row because so many people came to watch it.

I just watched Toys Story III and it was pretty good. I could relate -not really- just to the boy who had to go away to college. xD Sweet ending.
 

cracker

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
2,504
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Toy Story 1 was great...definitely my favourite of the series, they felt the most human in that one and basically it was the beginning of Pixar's greatness.
 
Top