Request Translator "Projects" and "Releases" need an overhaul

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Okay. This was bugging me from day 1, but now, it's driving me nuts.

The "projects" box on a translator's page lists, in a huge garble, i might add, every single thing that translator has clicked "i translate this manga". Now, I like using the "i translate this manga" box as a bookmark of sorts to have a link back from my page to a project i intended to do. But, it's a big fat mess.

1) Can you make each series have a separate line, like a bulleted list?
2) Can you make each series display in an alphabetized fashion?

...and this is a BIG change I'd like...

3) Can you make the "Filter Releases" page to show EVERY TRANSLATION made by the translator, sorted by series?

See, the filter releases box should automatically list the organized, bulleted list of all translations for easy pickings. But it isn't automatic. I have to go add the series in my projects page even though it isn't active. I want that box to be a quick link for any and every translation i've done without having to go add projects to the already messy list in the translator projects bit.

Sorry if i'm getting wordy as it's late for me.

My simple suggestion:
-Make the "Filter Releases" part automatically list every single manga a translator has submitted a translation for, sorted by name.
-Make the "Projects" part sorted/formatted just like the releases part, but it's customizable to show ACTIVE projects. (in fact, you may wish to change the name to active projects)

I envision the Filter releases part to be a sort of library/quick link "resume" of all the work a translator's done here.

How about it?
 

Lingwe

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
106
Reaction score
106
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
-Make the "Projects" part sorted/formatted just like the releases part, but it's customizable to show ACTIVE projects. (in fact, you may wish to change the name to active projects)
I really think there does need to be some sort of 'active' and 'inactive' sections in the project list. I have a couple of chapters of a manga I translated but don't plan on continuing so I clicked the 'I don't translate this manga anymore' button. This had the effect that you can now no longer search the filters for it. So you have to either keep getting your projects list cluttered up with titles that you've only done one or two chapters for and don't plan on doing again, or remove them and thus make them harder to search for them. I don't even upload some of the chapters I translate by request here because I don't want to clutter up my projects list with them. Splitting them up into two different categories would be a very valuable move in my opinion.
 

reinen

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
-Make the "Projects" part sorted/formatted just like the releases part, but it's customizable to show ACTIVE projects. (in fact, you may wish to change the name to active projects)
Another idea, we can make another information on projects, something like this:

CURRENT: Series ABC
FUTURE: DEF
Series
COMPLETED: Series GHI
DROPPED: JKL
Series

And it could apply to other than translations.
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It looks like these suggestions were put into action!! Great guys, thanks!!

I'm sure there's still some things that can be tweaked a bit further, like lingwe's suggestion with "active" and "inactive" subdivisions, but...I'm very happy!
 
Top