Discussion Try to think up possible arcs for the future.

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So what arcs do you think will be coming up based on what we know?
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Meteor City arc for sure.
Outside arc to end the series.
That's all I can think of right now.
But I'd like to see more places explored (Hanzo's homeland of Jappon for instance).
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Meteor City arc for sure.
Outside arc to end the series.
That's all I can think of right now.
But I'd like to see more places explored (Hanzo's homeland of Jappon for instance).
You think the outside arc will be at the end of the series? It seems to me that it is just coming up.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You never know where Togashi is going with all this, Gon himself and the reader may not see what happens in the outside till later. If I had a choice I'd rather the Outside arc happen last. But you are right it does seem like its right around the corner. Only time will tell.

Futurefrog hit the nail on the head give us a Meteor City arc, I want that so much. Something that feels like Yorknew again, flesh out Jairo's character, get Kurapika and the spiders relevant again.

Aside from Outside and Meteor City, maybe an arc that can flesh out other parts of the Hunter world. Like what is marine life like in the Hunter universe? I was pretty intrigued when we met Morel and they mentioned his profession as a Sea hunter. One of my favorite things about NGL was how it all started with some beast Hunting, so maybe an arc all about archeological Hunters? Find out more about civilizations of past in the Hunter universe, that could unravel into something bigger.

I'd also love to see any arc where we can get more of the Hunter Examinee's in their field. Basically I just want to see more types of Hunters doing what they do, and in the process have Gon and Killua find out what kinda Hunters they want to be.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think Outside is the end game. I think Togashi is playing us for fools and we are getting a Meteor City arc next.
I 100% agree with everything said by Americandream. There is still a lot of other parts of the world I want to see about. I don't think we get Outside until the end if we ever do.
 

Kiba

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
305
Reaction score
108
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The Dark Continent Arc will be next i think
 

steadynco

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
119
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think Outside is the end game. I think Togashi is playing us for fools and we are getting a Meteor City arc next.
I 100% agree with everything said by Americandream. There is still a lot of other parts of the world I want to see about. I don't think we get Outside until the end if we ever do.
I'd have to agree with you, I think we were just given a little insight into what's coming up but I reckon the outside world story will have to wait until some things are resolved in the current world.

I'm hoping for a Jairo arc and with the other missing division commanders accounted for (praying mantis and "glutton king" alligator), although I really don't know what kind of story could come from this.

I'd like to see a Kurapika arc with him being hunted by Ryodan members. While everyone knows about Kurapika's weakness, his fifth chain might cover his vulnerability? Nobunaga might be the next to go. Kuroro might hatch a wise plan to take down Kurapika but Hisoka will probably intervene.

Illumi surely can't stand being pushed around by Killua and Alluka. Illumi might confide in someone to help seize Alluka (someone other than Hisoka). I just can't imagine extraordinary characters like Alluka being left lying around in the HXHverse, something will happen to complicate matters (maybe even resulting in Alluka's death?).

Pariston seems to be a part of Beyond's team so we might hear from him much later on. The hybrid eggs are a concern now since they've probably all hatched.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
You raise an interesting point about Alluka, her powers is something needs to be resolved. I think that Killua may try and find a way to 'cure' Alluka and Nanika. Maybe splitting them into two different people? I dunno, it's just one of those hanging points that will have to be solved by the end of the series.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I really can't predict what kind of arc Togashi will come up with next, but I'd love for there to be an arc which gets the whole gang back together. I kind of miss seeing the main four together as a group.
 

Host Samurai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
1,367
Reaction score
677
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think the most likely thing to happen is probably X-Day, IIRC that's supposed to take place in the next Hunter exam. Since Killua re-took the exam on Greed Island and a lot of time have passed. The probability is high that it will happen once Gon has found a goal for himself. Or maybe Togashi will show us the "hunt" for the 18 missing Hunters, that is something that also needs to be resolved. As for the other points, you guys already mentioned: Outside and Meteor City will take place on a later stage. Due to Jairo raising to power first and then clashing with the Ryodan's.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would love to get the building blocks/foundation for Meteor City arc, reintroduce the Ryodan to new readers/or returning readers who've forgotten. I totally forgot about the missing Hunters, I wonder if that Lupe guy is alive, I kinda hope he is. I honestly really wanted to see Bushidora's Hatsu :p thanks Hisoka!

X-Day sounds awesome too. The Chairman election arc opened up a lot of possibilities, its great. I hope that most of the things we want to see get to happen. Though I'm really unsure how they'll resolve all this stuff with Alluka and Illumi.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why do have feeling that Illumi is going to control Killua eventually?
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I definitely want to see consequences or a conclusion to Killua/Illumi/Alluka ordeal. Also maybe see the big old lady Butler fight!
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I definitely want to see consequences or a conclusion to Killua/Illumi/Alluka ordeal. Also maybe see the big old lady Butler fight!
It would be interesting to see how Gon would react to a Killua who is being controlled. It will probably be something that comes up near the end of the series.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd actually rather see it play out different, we had Killua technically being controlled by Illumi for so long with the pin in his head. Though I don't know what else they can do with Illumi, I honestly don't actually feel I know him that well as a character for how important he is in the story.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
This is a bit cliche...But I want to see a war in the world of HxH. All those Nen users must count for something. So far, we have seen Nen users dealing with plenty people, but I guess that in a war there is capable nen users from both sides.
 

Kiba

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2011
Messages
305
Reaction score
108
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i dont hope really for a war in HxH world because
we had in one piece war and in naruto we have war already

and i dont think togashi want to do that much
drawing a whole war thats really really hard for him i bet
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i dont hope really for a war in HxH world because
we had in one piece war and in naruto we have war already

and i dont think togashi want to do that much
drawing a whole war thats really really hard for him i bet

a HxH war would be entirely different from one piece which was really just a battle.

It would be closer to Naruto in how there would be many battles except it would be even more intense and more strategic.

Basically think of Zevil Island on a global scale and you got probably the most awesome arc ever.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
if it was Zevil Island on a global scale with Nen and characters from various arcs. It would be probably the most epic thing ever. I hadn't even though of it like that. Good insight sticky.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
if it was Zevil Island on a global scale with Nen and characters from various arcs. It would be probably the most epic thing ever. I hadn't even though of it like that. Good insight sticky.
It's what I've been dreaming about ever since Volume 22.

I think this Outside Arc could bring it into play.

Hunter Association is hunting down Beyond Netero but I say it's 99.9% likely that Gon will take up Beyond's torch and will end up being hunted by the Hunter Association. Then things get fun when the Hunter Association hires the Zolydycks to kill Gon (yes I think they would go as far as assassinating a 12 year old
if the Outside is dangerous enough.) Gyro meanwhile will be trying to get his hands on the dangers of the Outside so he can cause death and destruction.
The spiders...I have no idea. They will be a wild card. Especially Hisoka. The Kakin Empire will probably go to war with the Hunter Association to protect
their interests in the Outside world.

But I'm sure you can see how complicated and complex and awesome that could be.
 
Top