Turn me on to phantoms

Stoicism


  • Total voters
    23

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Idk how you think $20 is all that expensive. It might be overpriced compared to Amazon or something but it'd probably still get the job done.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Cuz gotta clean it and all. Just seems a pain. I even have an electrical kettle that I wanna use but still haven't cleaned yet, so yeah. Where did you get your French press?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It's easy as fuck to clean... plus, way better than drip machines that you can never fully clean properly. What's the point of an electric kettle if you can't brew anything? I got mine on amazon.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I don't use any drip machine, bought one on Amazon but then I canceled the order.

Well, I'm not sure how we got it, probably was a gift.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Was there a new episode of the Terror on Monday?
I seen it was suppose to come on but i fell asleep.
Only reason i ask because its still not on AMC indemand.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Was there a new episode of the Terror on Monday?
I seen it was suppose to come on but i fell asleep.
Only reason i ask because its still not on AMC indemand.
Yeah, was 80 minutes too. I watched it last night on mine. AMC has AMC Premiere now, so we have to wait a day or some shit to watch their shows on demand unless we pay. If you have AMC Premier you could have watched the entire season at once though, sort of like Netflix.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I fucking hate Hickey.... One of those characters that I just end up really irritated with other characters for putting up with his bullshit.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:XD
Dont spoil me....last i seen of him,he had just killed those 2 fellow crewmen.
Why i want to see it so bad x/
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
:XD
Dont spoil me....last i seen of him,he had just killed those 2 fellow crewmen.
Why i want to see it so bad x/
You're two episodes behind then. There's only one episode left now.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Damn....
So thats it for the story?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Damn....
So thats it for the story?
As far as something rooted in history, I guess. But we won't really know until the last episode. Obviously a large part of it was fictionalized, what with the "Tuunbaq" or whatever the fuck they call it. But the show is based more on the book rather than what we know about the Franklin expedition (after a certain point it's all Inuit hearsay. The wrecks of the Erebus and Terror weren't even found until 2014). And the book's ending is pretty fucking weird, lol. So there could be a second season, but I wouldn't expect one.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just finished watching...
Man...the ending was a little...idk retarded xD

Wtf was he doing at the end?
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wtf was who doing at the end?
The captain sitting out in the ice with that Inuit?
Was that Silna?
Because it looked like a child to me...i even rewinded it to look again.
I dont understand it.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The captain sitting out in the ice with that Inuit?
Was that Silna?
Because it looked like a child to me...i even rewinded it to look again.
I dont understand it.
No, it was a child.

He was hunting seals. That's why he was just sat there still, sitting over one of their breathing holes. A bit of an artistic shot, but if you think back - Goodsir suggested to Crozier that they stop eating the food from the tins and hunt seals instead, and Crozier tells him it takes years to learn how to hunt them properly. The final shot is him doing so, implying he had assimilated totally to their way of life. Him looking after a child that probably isn't his is another example.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok...now that makes sense.
That convo must have happened in the first 7epis...cause i forgot about it.
But in my defense a month has passed since i seen those xD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Ok...now that makes sense.
That convo must have happened in the first 7epis...cause i forgot about it.
But in my defense a month has passed since i seen those xD
It was in episode 7 iirc. No, I sort of looked into it online as well, as I forgot that comment too. I could tell he was seal hunting though, but the significance was somewhat lost on me in the moment. I got the book from Amazon not long ago and intend to read it. Apparently the ending is rather different/expanded and has a much more substantial epilogue. Sort of explaining the mythology behind the Tuunbaq and stuff.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes,the most disappointing thing about it was no info on what the Tuunbaq was.
I wish they would've put more perspective on Silna instead of Collins and Doc Homo for example.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yes,the most disappointing thing about it was no info on what the Tuunbaq was.
I wish they would've put more perspective on Silna instead of Collins and Doc Homo for example.
I know you didn't roast my boi Goodsir like that... he was getting it in with Silna cmon. Dude went out like a G too... fuck you greg.

There was some info about Tuunbaq, some implied stuff. But yeah, there's more of it in the book.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nah haha....Goodsir was a fukan man!!!
The other dude that was obsessed with that kid and walked out into the abyss and laid down...like wtf:lmao
And collins....what a waste of screen time xD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Nah haha....Goodsir was a fukan man!!!
The other dude that was obsessed with that kid and walked out into the abyss and laid down...like wtf:lmao
And collins....what a waste of screen time xD
Was that a homo thing? At first I thought maybe he was his son or something. :lmao Found it kind of odd if it was, considering how afraid Hickey and Gibson were of Lt. Irving finding out about them.

Collins was there to show the worst of the lead poisoning on the mind. Plus, the scene with him underwater was fucking creepy and awesome.
 
Top