Discussion UEFA Euro 2008

Final Match: Germany vs. Spain

  • Germany

    Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Spain

    Votes: 8 44.4%

  • Total voters
    18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
to tell u the truth, Im going to start watching in the 75min, cause after that is the only time Turkey decides to play football. They could be down 2-0 and it wouldnt matter, they could still win.


Turkey is pretty much the team of the tournament. Even though they're plagued with injuries and suspended players, who knows what they can do. No one expected them to go this far. No one will complain if they lose against Germany (which is one of the top favorite before the tournament started).

Turkey proved themselves and in my book, they have nothing to lose in the semi (except the tournament of course if they lose).
This Turkey team isnt a pushover and I'm not surprised that they made this far, I'm surprised how they made it this far. Also, this is the same team that placed 3rd in the World Cup, so they have some credit
 
Last edited:

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Nah, I don't mean it that they don't have what it takes to go far, just that I'm talking about how the odds and expectations weren't on their side at the start of the tournament. Everyone was talking about Germany, Italy and France.... and then goes on to Spain and Netherlands. No one really paid any serious attention to Turkey. The same goes with Russia.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
No one? Hm, here's a huge hype around it since the qualifications oO

I'll cheer for Germany but I have both flags hanging from my balcony - German and Turkish national flags and whoever wins, it will be party in my area. The district I growed up isn't called "Little Istanbul" for nothing :dance
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Bah.. the qualifications don't really been talked a lot after it was over. The only major talk was about Croatia... for the sole reason they kicked out England -_-;
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Yes nobody knows for sure, but like you said 4 outta their 5 best players are out, so their on an up hill battle. The rest of the players are gonna have to step-up their game.(Easier said than done)
Also put in the fact that they are going against Germany. I want Turkey to win but i think Germany is going to win.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Oh yeah... England ... *pokes the wound* :lmao

Maybe it's different in other countries, bax. Turkey is a main topic over here, sure not a favorite per se but also not seen as an outsider - if not for regional issues.
 

walkie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
844
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
No one? Hm, here's a huge hype around it since the qualifications oO

I'll cheer for Germany but I have both flags hanging from my balcony - German and Turkish national flags and whoever wins, it will be party in my area. The district I growed up isn't called "Little Istanbul" for nothing :dance
oO..where exactly u live eni?? somewhere in berlin (just a guess)...and generally it is the same goes here. germany-turkey will be a friendly rivalry, it seems whoever goes to final is ok for both sides.. i only hope racists will not do something to supporters of turkey in germany.


Maybe it's different in other countries, bax. Turkey is a main topic over here, sure not a favorite per se but also not seen as an outsider - if not for regional issues
turkey has not been favourite in all of its games until now :)
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Bah.. the qualifications don't really been talked a lot after it was over. The only major talk was about Croatia... for the sole reason they kicked out England -_-;
Ahh England, that was bullshit. How the heck did they not make it to Euro, I went crazy when I heard. I wasn't going to watch Euro at all but I couldn't resist, and its good thing I watched cause this has been one crazy Euro 08

So Aragones wants to leave Spain, Italy wants Danaeoni to leave but he wants to stay and Austria doesnt care what Hickersberger does, so he quit. Looks like this Euro forced teams to make coaching changes, that sucks for the coaches
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Well of course. Turkey and Germany people had a long history because of the shortage of Germany workers (thus the Turkish immigrants) in... ermmm dunno.. long ago, can't remember -_-; So the people there got together since then and many of the Turks settled in Germany.

Eh but well, should be a great game, although I'd love to see Turkey make another sensational game in their epic campaign :p
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
oO..where exactly u live eni??
Ruhrgebiet :)

Well of course. Turkey and Germany people had a long history because of the shortage of Germany workers (thus the Turkish immigrants) in... ermmm dunno.. long ago, can't remember -_-; So the people there got together since then and many of the Turks settled in Germany.
It's not that long of a history. Guestworkers started to come during the 50ies and their family joined them later till into the late 70ies. Then it stopped. The generation of my boyfriend (born in the early 70ies) was the first to be entirely born and raised in Germany. //totally offtopic

Let's go back ontopic >.>
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I can't wait for the match tomorrow, I'm going to watch it together with my friends. I really hope Germany will win but one should not underestimate Turkey. They did not win against Croatia out of pure luck after all.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
But it sucks so many starters are out.. Would've wished it was both teams at full power..
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
what time do you guys get the tame at. I get here at 11:30am, I'm always at work when the games are on, but I got DVR so I record every match and then just fast foward threw them
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I'm picking/hoping Turkey to win.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
what time do you guys get the tame at. I get here at 11:30am, I'm always at work when the games are on, but I got DVR so I record every match and then just fast foward threw them

Here, the pre-match talks start at around 1:30am or so. And the games themselves start at 2:30am.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Game starts at 8.45pm.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
@bax, damn the games come on at 2:30am, that sucks, do you ever stay up to watch


@eni, that time is perfect, wish we got it at that time, I would be getting drunk while the game is on everytime
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
eni said:
Oh yeah... England ... *pokes the wound*
-_-;
I would be getting drunk while the game is on everytime
Not if your country isnt playing >.>;

btw, 7:45 for me, and since i like to watch it on bbc the pre-match stuff only starts at 7:30...-_-;
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Yay... list check:

* turkish and german national flag on the balcony [X]
* turkish and german fan make-up for me and my son [X]
* wearing turkish and german flag t-shirts [X]
* cold coke, something to eat and tv on full sound [X]

... seems like everything is alright! <333

GO GERMANY!!! GO TURKEY!!! :luv
 

Starzen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
South Africa
I'm going for the germany victory and no turkish come back tonight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top