Shounen - Undead Unluck | Page 58 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Undead Unluck

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This is what I expected to happen actually. Was Nico always this handsome? :XD

Unburn is finally going to be useful and Fuuko gave a normal name to a mission. Progress!!

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ahahaha.

I am really loving this pace of the manga having goofball cross-genre mini-arcs. Fuuko being an urban legend ramen connoisseur is just laughs.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Whelp, new chapter out. I have a feeling that Unruin is going to be the least of everyone's problems once Death makes its presence felt. Change alone is that terrifying, it'll be really interesting to see what happens when an externally targeting Death UA shows up.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So the Third Seat is Change.

Juiz looks so cute on the final page.

I don't remember the second girl.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Was Juiz always this cute? 😳 Good chapter.

I had forgotten that Nico hadn't awakened yet.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Was Juiz always this cute? 😳 Good chapter.
She has a literal army of boys writing her love letters :XD Also Sean LOL. That was an extremely amusing read.

Really good start to the arc. Hopefully Tozuka takes his time with this arc and paces it properly.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Julia is a sore loser :lmao.

The Julia recruitment arc was quite fast. Top next.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Reacting to today's chapter: whelp, there's our confirmation that
Andy's not going to be showing up on earth anytime soon. He's so OP that, burned charcoal on the surface of the sun, he can keep all 10 rules immobilized and shrug off their abilities for a significant period of time.

In a weird way he's doing EXACTLY what "God" does at Ragnarok: central assault on the 10 rules' round-table, with a countdown timer that they have to hold out or surpass him to actually accomplish anything

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Soul manipulation is the ultimate power up in this manga.

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Seems all the UMA cept one was confirmed. And it tunrs out the Soul Power is the biggest power. Granted, it was told the Negator ability is connected to the Soul. But who was thoose other souls?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Seems all the UMA cept one was confirmed. And it tunrs out the Soul Power is the biggest power. Granted, it was told the Negator ability is connected to the Soul. But who was thoose other souls?
Probably the previous Unluck Negators.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Yes! The author finally brought in ancient creatures. Alas that the world didn't start out with this rule already active for Fuuko. Imagine, the 1860s with Precambrian beasts running amok? Oh well, can't complain.

Interesting about the unluck negators. Seeing as how just a couple chapters ago that Fuuko remembers that the same people end up with their Negator powers. But Fuuko and Unluck are unusual, because until last loop, Juiz never discovered Unluck, but other negators existed for her power... so it WASN'T attached to her soul from the start like the rest... something is up there.

KyuKyu555

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Yes! The author finally brought in ancient creatures. Alas that the world didn't start out with this rule already active for Fuuko. Imagine, the 1860s with Precambrian beasts running amok? Oh well, can't complain.

Interesting about the unluck negators. Seeing as how just a couple chapters ago that Fuuko remembers that the same people end up with their Negator powers. But Fuuko and Unluck are unusual, because until last loop, Juiz never discovered Unluck, but other negators existed for her power... so it WASN'T attached to her soul from the start like the rest... something is up there.
Or Unluck Negators die relatively quickly after awakening their negation abilities

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Makes me wonder after digesting the chapter in my mind, if perhaps Juiz is going to have issues activating Unjustice, since she should be the sole user.

I don't like that there's multiple people who could pick up a Negator ability and yet we are recycling old characters. Gina and Void and (given what we learn of his character), the scientist guy all needed to be fleshed out. Top is basically someone else. So why not have somebody else? It feels too lazy and we're moving too quickly toward Ragnarok with no real solid heart to the story. I still lament that Sun should have been fleshed out as a character.

Maybe Soul will be? Perhaps he isn't as malific as the rest. He's basically THE Rule, apparently. It would be interesting to see that he in fact is not interested in total end to the game. That, or maybe the end result of the game isn't necessarily malific as the Negators have been led to assume... though Luna's statements in that regard and Sol's general malice tend to promise otherwise. I don't know. I just don't feel like there's meet to the story. To the plot, we have the round table of these primary rules. But they are basically just Akatsuki without the uniforms or Pain's ominous silhouette.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Another Soul power up!

So the previous holders chose the next. Why do they wait for these awful moments though?

Makes me wonder after digesting the chapter in my mind, if perhaps Juiz is going to have issues activating Unjustice, since she should be the sole user.

I don't like that there's multiple people who could pick up a Negator ability and yet we are recycling old characters. Gina and Void and (given what we learn of his character), the scientist guy all needed to be fleshed out. Top is basically someone else. So why not have somebody else? It feels too lazy and we're moving too quickly toward Ragnarok with no real solid heart to the story. I still lament that Sun should have been fleshed out as a character.

Maybe Soul will be? Perhaps he isn't as malific as the rest. He's basically THE Rule, apparently. It would be interesting to see that he in fact is not interested in total end to the game. That, or maybe the end result of the game isn't necessarily malific as the Negators have been led to assume... though Luna's statements in that regard and Sol's general malice tend to promise otherwise. I don't know. I just don't feel like there's meet to the story. To the plot, we have the round table of these primary rules. But they are basically just Akatsuki without the uniforms or Pain's ominous silhouette.
Juiz is a genius. I am sure she'll be one of the first to learn it.

KyuKyu555

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Another Soul power up!

So the previous holders chose the next. Why do they wait for these awful moments though?
I think God is the one that chooses when their abilities manifest🤔😅

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Caught up. I love this fight against Language, definitely one of my favorites of this series and I had low expectations at first.

Surprised by the poll's results, especially Tatiana and Gina's placements. But Feng being Top 3 is great.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm definitely enjoying this current fight. I do have one complaint however.

This whole "using your soul" thing has become the ultimate Mcguffin and taken away some of my glee. Previously the negator powers, used imaginatively and combined strategically, created a fun variation of paper-rocks-scissors. This whole "using your soul" thing is like walking into a paper-rock-scissor match and whipping out a handgun. Feng just one-shot GG'd a 3-story tall version of Luna and half-killed Sol at the same time - and this is literally his SECOND TIME using his soul as a weapon.

I can't help but feel the author got bored with the negator power mechanics. Or felt too constrained? Which doesn't exactly make sense to me given the nearly infinite "interpretations" you can apply to concept-type phenomena.

Two points to ponder: 1: the reason previous arc roundtable members couldn't effectively fight against Sol is that they were unbalanced, utilizing only physicality, and not utilizing their "souls" - if you look at Sol and Luna as Yin & Yang, you need to fight them both physically and spiritually which is what this current battle is proving. 2: Sol isn't the only God the roundtable is fighting against. It will be Luna as well who needs to be taken down. Luna isn't so much helping humanity as...competing with Sol to prove superiority of spirit over physicality? They're opposing portions of the same being - God.