Shounen - Undead Unluck | Page 36 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Undead Unluck

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
i mean, RIP already received death for his crime/sin, which is so far (as we know) is not a lot, he tried to kill chikara and then Fuuko.. yeah, he come back, but experienced death is one of the worst punishment you can get (for failed to kill crime nonetheless)
even Andy kill more union member than RIP, yeah???
How is dying and resurrecting without any known penalties the worse punishment you can get? In my opinion it doesn't even qualify as a punishment, especially if afterwards he keeps trying to murder you and the love of your life again.

Andy has killed Union members in self-defense when they came to kill him for being a negator. That was self-defense, much different from Rip actively seeking to murder Fuuko with a "join us or die" mindset. There wasn't even a need to fight to the death now if their objective was just Autumn since the beginning: Rip could have just Andy and Fuuko fight Autumn so they kill it or weaken it for him, but instead he made a stop to try and murder Fuuko.

I'm starting to like the character of Rip, but I still dislike his relationship with Andy and Fuuko. Fuuko is extremely forgiving and Andy just goes along with whatever she decides, but I, as a reader, always prefer when there's some sort of penitence for ex-villains. Having a tragic backstory is not enough.

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I guess Bunny is UnBonded or something like that. She seemed to have bonded with Fuuko's gun.

It's that or UnBall :sarc :sarc :sarc

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I guess Bunny is UnBonded or something like that. She seemed to have bonded with Fuuko's gun.
I think they are supposed to be Tatiana's foil. So far Under just seem to foils of Union.
Rip=Andy
Latla=Fuuko
Billy=Juiz
Creed=Phil
Feng=Shen

Tatiana is in a huge ball like thing too, so it kinda fits that the Bunny (Being in a costume is her foil)

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
-Bunny/Backs (??????)

As for their name, it might just be a small typo for Bugs (バッグス).

The wikipedia page has: バックス・バニーと誤記される事がある。 ("It's sometimes misspelled as Bucks Bunny.")

Though it could also be referencing something like Bucky O'Hare.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

It's that or UnBall :sarc :sarc :sarc
Bunny is now my most favorite character due to how easy-going he is and really easy to get along with everyone...

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Chapter 53 raws (Source: Discord):

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 53 is out

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Juiz showed a bit of jealousy towards the FuukoXAndy relationship 😂

So, now we got to know another Under member. Any guess to his negator ability? I have a feeling that since Juiz mentioned the UMA Information, either this new member, or maybe Niko, one of them is 'UnInformed' or something like that

kakilangit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
yooo.. we got Juiz and billy confrontation??
i hope this is not the real fight between them, just conversation and scrimmish. prologue/preview for ragnarock.
or they can fight together to beat WINTER..

i was wrong (again) when i said fuuko will let under had autumn core, its the way around..
now we heading to summer fight (which is not finish??), why the hell shen doing, when mui had his weapon, fighting junior..

and TOP, finally, hope its not short arc (or skip, dont you dare!!!)

i love all background detail are maple leaf fall... really nice and set up atmoshphere perfectly for resolution...

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
TFW I was drinking tea while reading the chapter.

Nice chapter. We'll see the duo team up with Shen again. Loved the apologies between Fuuko and Bunny :XD.

Rip's Unrepair at work in this chapter, poor Latla...

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Nice chapter. We'll see the duo team up with Shen again. Loved the apologies between Fuuko and Bunny :XD.
I don't know but I'm not excited to see they team up with Shen again. I want all Union members fleshed up.
Also, love that Fuuko also ends her speeches with "-ago~~~" whenever she talks with Bunny.

kakilangit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
or unspoken or unvoice or unsound.. notice he used some kind of speaker to speak instead speak directly... bur maybe its just his gimmick/characterization..

Juiz showed a bit of jealousy towards the FuukoXAndy relationship 😂

So, now we got to know another Under member. Any guess to his negator ability? I have a feeling that since Juiz mentioned the UMA Information, either this new member, or maybe Niko, one of them is 'UnInformed' or something like that
Nico Vorgeil is (almost clearly) UnFORGET.. its popular theory and in line with name-power-pun..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

How is dying and resurrecting without any known penalties the worse punishment you can get? In my opinion it doesn't even qualify as a punishment, especially if afterwards he keeps trying to murder you and the love of your life again.

Andy has killed Union members in self-defense when they came to kill him for being a negator. That was self-defense, much different from Rip actively seeking to murder Fuuko with a "join us or die" mindset. There wasn't even a need to fight to the death now if their objective was just Autumn since the beginning: Rip could have just Andy and Fuuko fight Autumn so they kill it or weaken it for him, but instead he made a stop to try and murder Fuuko.

I'm starting to like the character of Rip, but I still dislike his relationship with Andy and Fuuko. Fuuko is extremely forgiving and Andy just goes along with whatever she decides, but I, as a reader, always prefer when there's some sort of penitence for ex-villains. Having a tragic backstory is not enough.
actually andy kill VOID after he knew that he can become union member after kill them, change tactic after they want keep running and fight back..andy also kill 'staff member' of union, i know andy will kill any soldier but non fighter. but man, they are just human minion for RT member.. and GINA??? andy chase her, try to kill her so he get another chair in union.
well thats 50/50 with fuuko.

RIP death penalty (and ressurection), technically thats punishment IMO. and he also remember it..

its clean dead, he got a hole in his chest.. he got beat clean. more than andy will ever get.. even after all that 200 years backstory..thats enough punishment for author can give (IMO)

so, andy still not satisfied, yet. and give warning! and also rip says sorry, man how can you not see that (or its just his sarcasm)

andy kill shen who tried to kill fuuko. and he will fight and kill rip if rip try again to kill fuuko
and then andy used them, as pragmatic as to get autumn.
and RIP still refuse fuuko's kindness and her invitation in the end.. RIP still under.. BILLY knew all his doing,,,and still refuse to kick his out (yet)..

but i agree with you that even after his dead he is not change (still try to kill them),
so the problem is fuuko and she is like you said.. easily forgiven, never had grudge and persuasive??

thats more enough for me, in the end.. to justification their 'relationship'/progress..
RIP doest want your forgiveness.. or me or fuuko. he just want the damn ARK. and he will get it no matter what (for now)

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I don't know but I'm not excited to see they team up with Shen again. I want all Union members fleshed up.
Same tbh. This feels like the perfect arc to give the remaining Union members we don't know about much needed screentime. It would be awesome if we followed others without Fuuko/Andy tagging along with them.
I like the idea of a Billy/Juiz tag team on Winter, like @kakilangit suggested. But I feel like Billy would double cross her at the end of the fight :lmao

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Nico Vorgeil is (almost clearly) UnFORGET.. its popular theory and in line with name-power-pun..
Oh, I didn't think of that! Nice one.
I always thought of the German word "Vorteil", which means 'advantage'/'benefit'. But UnForget makes more sense indeed.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I wonder if he had Toge in mind a little bit when creating the new character.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
@Aeneas Some character extras are out on some of the other characters. Could you help with translating what they are saying?

Comedic short about Chikara too:

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
@Aeneas Some character extras are out on some of the other characters. Could you help with translating what they are saying?
fwiw, I don't know Japanese. But if I can tell what the characters are, I can usually work things out.

Here's Juiz's info:
Juiz

Age/Height/Weight:
- Details not known

Hobbies:
- Traveling all over the world for black tea
- Collecting tableware
- Recently inspired by "To You, From Me"
- Addicted to shojo manga

Special Skills:
- Swordsmanship

Favorite foods:
- Black tea
- Macarons

Abilities:
- Unjustice
- Details not known

@Hermit Billy's page is lower resolution so I can't really see a lot of the kanji. I just did a little for him unless there's a better pic out there.

Billy

Weight: He doesn't know since the scale couldn't measure him.(?)

Hobbies:
- Collecting blades/weapons(?)
- Making sweets

Special skills:
- Quick drawing
- Sticking/staying with Tatiana

Favorite foods:
- Coffee
- Mangos

--

Anno Un's:
Anno Un

Height: Around 170 cm (5'7")
Weight: Not known

Hobbies: Drawing and reading manga

Special skills: Quick drawing

Favorite foods: Interaction between Andy and Ko-chan (Fuuko)

I couldn't make out the kanji for Anno's abilities, but I did update Billy's first skill since they share it. I assume it's a pun: Billy quick draws his guns, and Anno is a quick drawer with his pen.

Also, make sure to check out Anno's favorite food. :crying

Last edited: