Shounen - Undead Unluck | Page 45 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Undead Unluck

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

花火大会の花火を一緒に見たいと屋根の上にいるファンにせがむ過去のシェン

如意棒を伸ばしてサマーの口に突っ込むシェンとムイ
さらにそこから曲げまくってとぐろを巻かせる
トップに運ばれたチカラがニコのゴーグルでサマーだけを固定する
アンディが不運を付与した血液を全ての核につけタチアナが一気に全ての核を破壊

ファンを抱えたシェン
シェン「ボクはコイツを許さない。妹と兄弟子を殺された…でもそうなる前の花火大会の日覚えてるだろ?
屋根の上に集まって大きな花火を一緒に見た。あの日ボクときっとメイも思ったんだ。家族ってこんな感じかな…って
アンタはどう思ってたんだい?」
ファン「…バカがお前は俺が強くなる為の糧だぞそれ以上でもそれ以下でもない俺は一度だってお前らを家族などと思った事はない」
ムイに見られながらそう言うファンに涙を流すシェン
シェン「そっかそれが不真実なんだね」

爆発するサマーを見上げるみんな

その記憶は強く、儚く、けれど鮮明に
サマー討伐編堂々完結

Rough summary:
-Shen from the past begging Fan on the roof to watch the fireworks display with him.
-Shen and Mui extend their wands and shove them into Summer's mouth.
-She then bends it around to make it curl up in her mouth.
-Chikara is brought to the top and uses Nico's goggles to hold Summer in place.
-Andy douses all the cores with bad luck blood, and Tatiana destroys them all at once.
-Shen with a fan.
-Shen: "I'll never forgive this guy. He killed my sister and brother, but before that happened, you remember the day of the fireworks?
-We gathered on the roof and watched the fireworks together. I'm sure that's what me and May thought that day. "This is what a family looks like...
-What did you think?
-Fan: "You idiot, you're my food for strength, nothing more, nothing less, and I've never thought of you guys as family.
-I've never thought of you as my family." Shen shed tears as Fan said this with Mui watching.
-Shen: "So that's the untruth.
-Everyone looks up at Summer as she explodes.
-The memory is strong, fragile, but vivid.
-The story of defeating Summer is complete!

Admiral Teach

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
So, this arc has been pretty good so far. I'm surprised there aren't as many comments though. Or does it have its own dedicated forum now and I just wasn't aware?

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
So, this arc has been pretty good so far. I'm surprised there aren't as many comments though. Or does it have its own dedicated forum now and I just wasn't aware?
Nope, just this thread.

Unfortunately, the series hasn't been ranking too well in the ToC recently, so it's hard to tell if Japanese readers are enjoying it.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Nope, just this thread.

Unfortunately, the series hasn't been ranking too well in the ToC recently, so it's hard to tell if Japanese readers are enjoying it.
Oh no.

Those Japanese. Why. What the hell do those readers want?

They need a pirate invasion. I myself, once I finish acquiring One Piece, will invade Japan and see to it that justice is done in their entertainment industry! Zehahahhah! Ya won't haveta worry about any of them TOCs no more. And it'll all be free. Cuz any mangaka that don't write'll get the Nami treatment, or the plank!

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Excellent teamwork. Negators are quite awesome when they come together. I would have wanted to see some oh Summer's attacks tho. His death almost felt easy.
Mui needs to learn when to turn off her negation tho.
I really want to know Nico's negation. It seems he's kinda the pillar of the Union with all his creations.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yeah, I see why he had Apocalypse make that off-hand comment about them never doing it in any loop before (to make it a more impressive feat), but when you resolve it in one chapter, it comes across a little hollow.

I still really enjoyed the teamwork and paneling, though.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So Feng cared but disregarded these feelings for power. Lost without revealing his ability. Saved for a sacrifice later I guess?

Yes, as cool as that teamwork was, it's a bit disappointing to see these UMAs losing so quickly.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I forgot to comment on it. Good chapter but the defeat of Summer was a bit rushed. The arc wasn't, since it took lots of chapters to defeat Feng. But, still, I echo your comments about the pace of the final fight.

We must be close to their failing and the loop.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Chapter 68 spoilers:

-By defeating summer, the equilibrium is lost, winter gains momentum, and the world becomes a blizzard.
-The earth becomes an ice star and people perish.
-To Fuuko who says why even though she just cleared the quest.
-What do you think of the quests? If you clear each one, it will be a comfortable earth to live in? stupid
-Apocalypse who is grateful for the reward and returns that you are a toy that can only be played by God.
-I want to kill Burn, but Billy has no merit, so Juiz thinks that winter will be a full-scale confrontation with Ichika Hachi or Under.
-Tella who appears in front of Fuuko and others, passes Juiz's arm and sword to Fuuko.
-Everyone attacks Tella but is prevented by an invisible wall.
-Tella: (and if you're an ordinary person, you should meet the conditions. How does your heart move? Fuuko Izumo)
-Fuuko asks you to defeat Winter, but it is rejected because it has the advantage of changing the subjugation time and it will be easier to find the negators if a large number of people die.
-Fuuko asks if she can beat Winter if she goes to Under.
-Everyone is surprised, including Tella.
-You won't be killed until your abilities are copied.
-And there's something Juiz still believes in Billy. Fuuko that I will confirm this time
-Tella promises immediate winter subjugation.
-Andy sends out Fuuko.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 68 spoilers:

-By defeating summer, the equilibrium is lost, winter gains momentum, and the world becomes a blizzard.
-The earth becomes an ice star and people perish.
-To Fuuko who says why even though she just cleared the quest.
-What do you think of the quests? If you clear each one, it will be a comfortable earth to live in? stupid
-Apocalypse who is grateful for the reward and returns that you are a toy that can only be played by God.
-I want to kill Burn, but Billy has no merit, so Juiz thinks that winter will be a full-scale confrontation with Ichika Hachi or Under.
-Tella who appears in front of Fuuko and others, passes Juiz's arm and sword to Fuuko.
-Everyone attacks Tella but is prevented by an invisible wall.
-Tella: (and if you're an ordinary person, you should meet the conditions. How does your heart move? Fuuko Izumo)
-Fuuko asks you to defeat Winter, but it is rejected because it has the advantage of changing the subjugation time and it will be easier to find the negators if a large number of people die.
-Fuuko asks if she can beat Winter if she goes to Under.
-Everyone is surprised, including Tella.
-You won't be killed until your abilities are copied.
-And there's something Juiz still believes in Billy. Fuuko that I will confirm this time
-Tella promises immediate winter subjugation.
-Andy sends out Fuuko.
I did not understand a single sentence except the first one. So I'll just wait for the chapter.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
As expected Fuuko ends up with Under. I have a hard time believing they'll follow with her wish to slay winter quickly.
The requirement she hasn't met probably has something to do with believing (or not) Billy.

What do you guys think Tella's power is ?

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great chapter, I wonder if the next arc will be Fuuko and Under vs Winter or Union vs Spring? Either way I'm very excited, and I hope we get at least a bit more of this winter world before Winter gets defeated. This is also the first time that Andy and Fuuko will be away from each other since the series started (minus in the book but Fuuko was with a different Andy there) Interested to see how they develop on their own. Super exciting developments.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I really want to understand what are Under's goal. I doubt they really want everyone dead. Force another loop? Billy copying every negator ability in order to emulate God?

What do you guys think Tella's power is ?
Something sound related.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Isn't the reason Billy can't copy Fuuko's ability because Unluck's requirement is the same as Untruth (must be fond of the target). Shen did notice that Billy doesn't like him because he couldn't activate Untruth during their confrontation.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I still think the possibility exists that it is possible to become God. And Billy knows this. And that's what he wants.

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting tidbit I found on twitter about the latest chapter. The mountain that Winter is on, Mount Ararat, is believed by some to be the "mountains of Ararat" that were the final resting place of Noah's Ark in the Bible. Apparently there is contention in real life about the validity of these claims, but this has to be 100% intentional on Tozuka's part.