Seinen Until Death Do Us Part by Takashige Hiroshi & DOUBLE-S

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Just catched up with the prelude chapters :) (110, 111 & 112)
It's so good to see Genda and Jesus back in action and recently pairs up, i guess. :amuse.
Can't wait for the next chapter where Haruka will be a high school student on Aitou academy (though she's quite young to infiltrate as a senior :sweat) as part of their mission (together with Mamoru and Daiba behind the scenes) where Jesus (aka Fujisawa Shingo) is one of the teachers.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Chapters for 113 & 114 are already released on sine nihil nefas' site. Its quite enjoying to see almost all of the important characters gather in the Aitou academy. It looks like Mamoru is more excited than Haruka after seeing all those new enemies they'll gonna fight. Can't wait what would happen for the next chapters.. :amuse
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Chapter 117 -- still on Aitou academy. A bit interesting chapter because a new enemy who is quite unusual (invisible) shows up. It seems Mamoru had a hard time fighting with him though I think he's the only one who can see the enemy thru his sensor sunglasses/shades.
 

maxikki

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
218
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 117 -- still on Aitou academy. A bit interesting chapter because a new enemy who is quite unusual (invisible) shows up. It seems Mamoru had a hard time fighting with him though I think he's the only one who can see the enemy thru his sensor sunglasses/shades.
the reason he's all bet up os because he was attacked while walking around the school, at the end of the chapter he noticed the "invisible man" while the two girls didnt see him
 

Asahina

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
376
Reaction score
266
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I love this series allot, but isn't this manga promoting loli in a way?
Sure, I know the guy is blind and may not really have feelings for the girl and just helping her for the violence that goes along with it..
But you think the girl sees him as a father? or does she see him as a lover?
Sure, she could see him as both, but then if Mamoru shows any kind of romantic emotion towards her, then I am sad to say that this manga will be promoting loli relationships, even though their circumstances are understandable.
 

BleachOD

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
438
Reaction score
180
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I love this series allot, but isn't this manga promoting loli in a way?
Sure, I know the guy is blind and may not really have feelings for the girl and just helping her for the violence that goes along with it..
But you think the girl sees him as a father? or does she see him as a lover?
Sure, she could see him as both, but then if Mamoru shows any kind of romantic emotion towards her, then I am sad to say that this manga will be promoting loli relationships, even though their circumstances are understandable.
First off...I FRIGGIN LOVE YOUR SET!!!!!! I dig poses like that. Where is that from? Is the character you're wearing from a game or an anime?


I don't believe that it promotes Loli. Clearly because Haruka is is future wife. Her vision in the bride chapter shows her marrying him and she's not loli in that vision. In my opinion it's clear that Haruka is devolping her feelings for Mamoru. She showed jealousy when Juliet was making a pass at him, I really expected her to yell. BITCH GET AWAY FROM MY MAN!!!


As for Mamoru, it's obvious that he doesn't see Haruka that way--yet and he doesn't treat her like a kid.
BUT..they have a lot of ship tease on both their parts
It's easy to see why he will fall in love with her. She's already his partner,. She is the first person that he's been able to trust since he was blinded . She is partner and confidant and he's her mentor and having a kick ass woman that will fight by your side, is pretty appealing-I would think.

I like it like this, because we will watch as their feelings for each other develop. We be able to see just why they fall in love and I am a shameless shipper...I ship them for what they will be in the future not what they will do now

Although...the "I'm Mamoru..Hijikata Mamoru" was damn romantic
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
almost done catching up with this manga, i got to say it's really good and original. When i started it, i wanted to drop it around of chapter 4, im glad i didn't.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
I love this series allot, but isn't this manga promoting loli in a way?
Sure, I know the guy is blind and may not really have feelings for the girl and just helping her for the violence that goes along with it..
But you think the girl sees him as a father? or does she see him as a lover?
Sure, she could see him as both, but then if Mamoru shows any kind of romantic emotion towards her, then I am sad to say that this manga will be promoting loli relationships, even though their circumstances are understandable.
I kinda agree with BleachOD, though it looks like loli because the heroine is young but since the plot is unique (which i like best) where it is not shounen-like where the main characters are of the same age fighting for the same reason, and etc.. Also the romantic side wasn't shown explicitly (esp. with Mamoru) but there are some hints somehow if you read all the chapters.

@scav: I'm glad you got hooked with this manga.. the first chapters looks plot confusing but yeah after chap. 4 & more was quite easy to follow.

I'm on the school/trump arc now, and really enjoying how jesus, mamoru and the enemies makes the school like a battle ground.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, more than a year without any discussion on that manga.
Just wanted to mention that I finally get around to read it.

Since the moment I saw the cover of the manga in a shop, I wanted to read it.
The art is amazing, really.

The concept of the manga is really good as well, and I can't help but feel that they could have done something even better with it.
As of now, the only problem I have with this manga, is that I don't see where it's going at all.

In every other manga I've read, there's always a clear goal, something the protagonist is reaching for.
In this one, I'm not sure...

I mean... yeah, Mamoru wants to free Haruka.
But, it's not clear how he will do that.

Right now, it seems like this manga could go forever without much development.
Every arc is just a different set of assassins trying to get their hands on Haruka... Rinse and repeat...

But that might just be me...
I never care much for action-packed chapters...

What I look for in a manga is great characters in a great story...


PS:
The translation is something like 15 chapters behind right now.
Do you guys know if they are still working on this manga?
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
PS:
The translation is something like 15 chapters behind right now.
Do you guys know if they are still working on this manga?
Hi, THM Nindo!

The only thing I can say about UDDUP is that... they are working on it. Kirei Cake is the group which is currently translating chapters from vol. 21 (till chapter 170 IIRC). But their pace is slow. Some days ago they released ch.166 and they work with the japanese volume raws. At the same time, Waverly is doing her own translation of vol. 20, once it was released in her own country.

If you want summaries of the recent chapters, you can always check the UDDUP thread in jcafe24.

Hope it helps.
 
Last edited:

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I have just started reading this manga. Seems pretty interesting with a highly-skilled blind swordman fighting bad guys while protecting a child. The combination of a 12-year old and a late 20s (though he looks more like 30ish) does seem strange in a manga as I dont really see that loli-kind-of-lust as in many other manga types. Most are always some middle-aged "saliva-drooling" for little girls and vice versa. Thus the idea of "waiting for the child to grow up" is quite acceptable. It is still better than some little girls calling some old man "daddy". I dont really like that kind of "sugar-daddy" or lolis manga.

There is a female character which I quite like - Sierra. A strong and powerful lady, and yet has a soft side for the people she cares for.

I particularly like a quote by Alpha that says, "Use a thief to catch a thief" which makes me smile. I totally agree. :teehee
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
Chapter 173 - Another interesting fight with Mamoru and many opponents though it was more like a "teaching session". Mamoru was able to face his enemies in a calmly manner, but Haruka was bursting out with cold sweat. Looks like there is an extremely tough opponent coming their way. :gwah
 
Top